• 1225 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3804 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

SSM training and a knock-back buff to sheep

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Therulerkai, Jan 23, 2020.

?

buff sheep?

1. Yee

80.0%
  2. Na

20.0%
  1. Hello, so i have been playing ssm sense just about the beginning and this is my first post cus i have kinda been avoiding this form but anyway. So ssm training was amazing for testing strats with the classes and the little things about them. its also good for new players to test out kits that they like (being able to switch classes mid game) also older players that are better crush the newer players. SSM training also has no perm death so the new players dont get kicked out first. ok my second point the nurf that they slaped sheep with a few years back. so NO BODY plays sheep any more and if they do they get rekt and for a achievement class thats not right. Look at the other achievement class villager people with thousands of wins play this kit and destroy. so in short bring ssm training back and buff the knockback of sheeps lazar and wool mine (and possabley the damage of the lazar).

-therulerkai

Posted Jan 23, 2020
  2. also creeper lighting shield does too much knockback, wolfs combo attack is op.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 23, 2020
  3. When was SSM training around? I started playing this game when you needed Ultra to play half the kits in the game and I NEVER remember seeing SSM training?

Was this like 2016 2017-ish? Because it sounds like an awesome thing.

Also as far as sheep is concerned, I don't think it needs a sweeping buff, just make Woolly Rocket useful and it's fine.

Posted Jan 23, 2020
    Task likes this.
  4. I dont really remember when it was playable but it was for a kinda short period of time and yeah you could change class mid game no game time and smashs spawn every like 5 mins

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 24, 2020
  5. That is why you do not hit the creeper when the shield is up. You avoid melee with a creeper if you trigger their shield.

First off, I'm not entirely sure you know just how good the kb of the static laser actually is when in use. Some people would argue you actually need to LOWER the kb of the laser. As for the wool mine, how would you see it being buffed? It's recharge time is good, the damage is fine, and the kb it produces is amazing for offense and defense.

Secondly, how many sheep players have you met before because the players who still play the kit are usually very good at it. Most of the time you actually see sheep players winning the game instead of losing because that's the kit that they main and have dedicated to learning exactly how to play it in the most efficient way possible.

The basic strategy for sheep is very easy to learn and I've actually made a guideline to how to play against and as a sheep.

Rule 1: Don't jump when the laser is active
    Rule 2: Don't go near the wool mine and have fun
    Rule 3: N/A
    Rule 4: Always be underneath the player and never above
    Rule 5: Melee to earn that payday
    Rule 6: Triple jump, triple jump, triple jump
    Rule 7: Never miss a static laser
    Rule 8: Wool mine is always defensive until it's not
    Rule 9: Never Stop Moving EVER

These basic rules of sheep will help you get hundreds of wins because I have used all of them before and they are proven to work.

Posted Jan 25, 2020
    Kenshin_William likes this.
  6. Knockback is basically the only good part of the kit, that's really not the part that needs buffing. Static laser deals 300% which is tied for the most base kb, ignoring health effect on kb and etc.
    What I would buff sheep in is damage, unless reliably hitting with wool mine which isn't really hard to avoid, you deal so little damage. That+ terrible melee stats... You're gonna suffer on maps that aren't small and you can abuse your kb in very easily.
    Honestly I think this kit deserves a rework with how it works right now, basically pure run and camp kit but the most we can hope for now is just that they finally fix that recovery.

Posted Jan 25, 2020
  7. 2017-2018

Fun fact: The SSM training map was based on the map of the development testing servers for SSM.

Posted Jan 29, 2020
  8. Yeah I didn't touch the server between 2014 and November so that explains it.

Was there any particular reason it was removed?

Posted Jan 30, 2020