• 88 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2006 Players Online
  • 1918 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

SSM required & max playercount

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by neropatti, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Currently, you have to sometimes wait quite some time for games to start.

One issue making this worse is that the minimum and maximum amount of players are the same.

This makes it so that every time someone leaves a lobby that's counting down the start time, the countdown resets. Well, unless someone joins really fast, but that's an edge-case.

My proposal is that the minimum amount of players is turned down to 3, and the maximum bumped up to 5. SSM works with both amounts.

In fact -- SSM works relatively well even with 15 people. It gets hectic, but that's a question of preference, not playability.

I'm not saying the normal limit should be 15, mind you, I'm just trying to point out that 5 is a really reasonable amount of players.

Posted Aug 31, 2020
    xOeuf, Thwopsie and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Hello!

I'm pretty sure the hard cap for SSM is already at 5, although I could be wrong. I will have to disagree with decreasing the minimum down to 3. With 3 players in a game, it isn't nearly as fun as 4, as it is more than likely that 2 players will fight it out (both losing health), while the other camps. Or 2 of the players continuously target the other. It's fine in the current situation since most players already lost a couple of lives eliminating one player, making targeting not a viable option. I understand your frustration of having to wait in a lobby for another player, but it honestly doesn't take that long compared to other games. Overall, I'll give this a +0.5 (since I think part of it is already implemented).

Posted Aug 31, 2020
    Susie and Evgeen like this.
  3. This is true, but I am referring to the soft limit. The queue does not fill lobbies above the soft-limit, and most people join games through the queue system.

Camping is an issue regardless of how many people the game starts with, unless the game was altered in some way. *cough*

I proposed lowering the limit to 3 because it's better to play with 3 people than to not play at all. I think you can agree.

I also think it's better to play with 3-5 people than to play with 4-6 people. Might be wrong there.

The frustration was merely the inspiration for making this thread. The reason I went on with creating it, is that every time someone leaves an SSM lobby that's counting down, 3 people get slightly annoyed/frustrated. If the countdown resets for multiple times in a row, even more so.

TL;DR the current system actively hurts the server

It takes long compared to other servers, and that's the main issue.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 31, 2020
  4. This would remove one of the perks of getting a rank, which I don't believe is the best way to go. Again SSM is best when there are even numbers of people so duos can fight off. Having an odd one out promotes camping or additional targeting. It could be a possibility to increase the hard cap to 6, so players with ranks will still be able to join "full" lobbies, but again most games would have 5 players which isn't as fun as a 4 or 6 player game.

I'm not sure how often this actually occurs, most times games run smoothly for me. Again if you are patient enough, the somewhat longer wait times shouldn't be that much of a bother. Most times when creating CTF lobbies it can take a upwards of 10 minutes. It isn't that frustrating as players within the waiting lobby are still able to chat to one another which is what happens most times in these CTF lobbies. Furthermore, you can use this waiting time to check out different kits or buy them.

Posted Aug 31, 2020
    Susie likes this.
  5. It wouldn't remove any perk, he's suggesting to raise the soft limit which would also raise the hard limit. Ranked players don't get placed in games via the queue if it's past the soft limit, they have to manually join the server if they want to bypass the soft limit.

Targeting and camping is an issue in SSM regardless of how many players are in it, which means that highering or lowering the cap wouldn't make a difference, players are still able to avoid going into combat with anyone, and majority of the time, people end up fighting in a 1v1v1 if the other player is continuously running away and camping.

A lot of the players that see this issue happening don't want to check out different kits, they usually want to play the kit they know and are best at. Saying that the longer wait times gives someone a better chance to look at kits they don't want to play is irrelevant in my opinion, that should not be the reason for keeping a longer wait time. The aim should be to allow people to have the best possible experience, and if they're waiting 10+ minutes for a game to start with the countdown resetting multiple times, that's the complete opposite. He is not wrong when he says the wait times on Mineplex are stupidly ridiculous compared to other servers, I can get a game started within 15 seconds on other servers, some games here can take up to 15 minutes to start.

Posted Aug 31, 2020
    neropatti likes this.
  6. ssm starts very fast already, this is not needed at all.

Posted Aug 31, 2020
    Deidara, Chpinkles and Paladise like this.
  7. cough, I believe this suggestion is now more relevant than ever. Wait times have gone up, it would be nice to get into games faster.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 2, 2022
  8. or bring back ssm practice
    otherwise ssm 2 player start after 5 min is ok

Posted May 2, 2022
    1dragoneye and SpitefulNick like this.
  9. Just make SSM a 1v1 duel game, it will be much more fair than a 1v1v1v1 (you won't be dealing with cross-teamers) AND both the players will be satisfied at most (unless there is a hacker).

Posted May 3, 2022
  10. bump bump bump. This suggestion is still very relevant with the current playercounts.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 1, 2022