• 1372 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6205 Players Online
  • 4833 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

SSM New Update?

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by HaydM, Mar 8, 2020.

?

Are you satisfied with the changes so far?

1. Yes

60.0%
  2. No

40.0%
  1. I am as shocked as you guys are, we finally receive somewhat of an update, (weird we got no announcement about it, unless I'm blind)

A few new maps have been released, and kits have been changed slightly, this is what I've seen so far;

Squid - Damage is now 6 according to Sven

Magma Cube - Whenever its smash is activated it becomes its smallest size. But lets say you've killed two people, and became small via smash, instead of becoming size 2 again, you'll be 3, exp bar remains constant

If anyone see's anything new, please comment, il also be adding information if I see anything new.

Posted Mar 8, 2020
  2. Im pretty sure squid damage was always 6. And for magmas smash that has been a thing for years.

The only things that have recently been updated are the maps due to requests from GI.

Posted Mar 8, 2020
  3. Sven let me know about the squid thing, so idk

And for the magma cube's I wasnt aware, i dont really let my opponents get smash crystals, thanks for letting me know

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 8, 2020
  4. Yeah i always thought it did 5 but could have just been oblivious the entire time.

The second instance could be a bug. Im not sure

Posted Mar 8, 2020,
    Last edited Mar 8, 2020
  5. Hello!

I will let you know that we didn't have any SSM Updates in recent time. In case of what you noticed with Squid & Magma Cube Kits, it has always been like that. Since last SSM which was in January 2018, there weren't any changes with kits. So, it shouldn't be possible to find new any things in SSM. All public updates/changes are usually get announced.

For Squid, it even says on SSM game page that Damage is 6 which is why I said that it was always like that. As games pages never were updated since the original website release, so it proves damage always was 6 because kits description on the website was creating based on how it was in-game back when it was creating.

For Magma Cube, I'm unsure (As well as QA) if size resetting after using Smash Crystal is an intentional feature but it has been always like that as I've already told. In case of not resetting exp bar in this situation, it looks like a bug, I will add that to bugs board, thanks for report tho.

What's about maps, they are getting added periodically by Build Team in map updates which get announced here at forums and on Discord in #map-changelog channel. And by the way, there are 2 new SSM maps were added today which you can see here. You should know that the Build Team and Development Team works independently and don't interact together (besides when Map Update needs to be pushed to the network).

Posted Mar 8, 2020
    TheStudentUnion, Sven and leo_thya like this.
  6. There is also another bug where if you attack the magma as it uses smash crystal the smash crystal doesnt work.

Posted Mar 11, 2020