• 1396 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3480 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

SSM new kit: Pillager

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by Archangelo300, Nov 5, 2019.

1. SSM new kit:Pillager

Damage:6,0

Armor:4,0

Knockback Taken:150%

Health Regen:0,25

Attacks:

Darkness Ball: Launch a fireball of darkness on your enemies(it can have fireball shape). It has AOE of 3 blocks. When hit, the enemies get blindness for 5 seconds and wither effect for 7 seconds. Deals low knockback but medium damage. Has a cooldown of 12 seconds.

Magic Crossbow: Shoot arrows with you magic crossbow. when hit, the enemy gets great knockback and big damage and the enemy gets a random negative effect . this have a 3-second arrow cooldown. Left-clicking will deflect any projectiles back to the enemies and reduce the meelee damage taken by 1. This lasts 7 seconds and have a cooldown of 7 seconds.

Passive: Darkness bow
    Every succeful hit with arrow will increase the experience bar. When it fills, cooldown of Darkness ball is removed. you need 3 shots to fill the bar. Getting hit resets the bar. Arros deal 1 more damage for each heart you dont have.

Smash: Curse Ritual
    You will get Speed 3 and unlimited leaps. you dark ball cooldown gets reduced to 3 and it now inflicts nausea. Arrows deal Always 10 dmg regardless of armor, with 2 arrows instakilling everyone. You can only use the smash with less than half life.

Cost:8000 gems

Posted Nov 5, 2019
  2. 1.8 pls

Posted Nov 5, 2019
  3. Hey there!

As you may know, Mineplex is a 1.8 based server. This means that any content from above 1.8 will not be playable or usable by people who use versions under it. Pillagers were added in 1.14, which means that anyone using 1.8-1.13 would not be able to play in the same game as the person using the kit. So for now, as Mineplex is 1.8 based, which gives you the PvP you love and other nice features, any kit that uses a mob above 1.8 cannot be implemented.

Mineplex will likely not update past 1.8 server as a large majority of the players use 1.8 to play. This would make more people mad than it would happy.

Posted Nov 5, 2019
  4. i am sorry. i didnt knew that.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 5, 2019
  5. You're all good man!

Thanks for the effort in the idea, though. It's nice to see people recommending kits for the community :)

Posted Nov 5, 2019
  6. If you take out the fact that its not 1.8 this kit is over powered on the bow. Whoever you hit could get instant dmg 2 and with the dmg from a fully charged bow it would be Insta kill I think which is totally unfair. The darkness ball is also op giving blindness for 5 whole seconds is enough to kill someone with any ability and a few hits that they cant counter, then you add the wither effect, so they will also be taking dmg AND will have a hard time seeing where there health is at. With those abilities the only counter is running for your life. Also the smash will let you kill anyone near instantly and it will be almost impossible to kill the person using the crystal bc of the reduced cool down on darkness ball which is already op. This would be the most abused kit in smash even more than the wolf. I didnt even touch the fact of the huge bow knockback, or the passive which is WAY to good as it wohld take an op thing and make it spammable meaning you can't counter it you take knockback you have blindness the wither effect and you are taking dmg from the shadowball its self. Also the smash crystal makes your spammable shadowball give nausea which would make it near impossible to pvp well. Plus you gove yourself flying essentially with the unlimited, spammable, leaps. Your arrows do 1 dmg extra for all life you don't have, say your about to die, you can just bow spam for an Insta kill. Or camp. And left click deflects all projectiles? Come on. You have to pvp against someone with a bow that can hit you from long range, spam, has a shadowball that gives blindness and wither, and on top of all that they take less dmg from your sword, which is the only thing you can attack with. All you could ever do is run from this kit. Also with the crystal you get speed 3 and the flying so no one can run and you insta kill everyone...... You can't run from this kit pvp against it or try to shoot at it and the smash means everyone instantly dies.... You would have to have massive cooldowns to even have this kit considered and the smash needs a huge rework not to mention this kit can't be added because mineplex supports 1.8...... -1

Posted Nov 5, 2019
    leo_thya likes this.
  7. Hey!

As many have stated, Mineplex is a 1.8 based server and that's why there's only 1.8+ mobs at the Super Smash Mobs game. So, unfortunately, this won't be added. I like the effort you've put into this idea, though. It's nice to see people who are spending their time trying to improve Mineplex, that's awesome!

But overall, there won't be many discussions of this idea, so I'll give this a -1

Posted Nov 6, 2019
  8. Heyo!

Since there are similar threads to your idea you have created here, I'll go ahead and list them down below, then get on to my thoughts and concerns for the kit.. Here are the links:

https://www.mineplex.com/threads/ssm-kit-idea-ravager.79418/
    https://www.mineplex.com/threads/ssm-kit-evoker.79539/

The main issue with these ones in my opinion is that they are all exclusive to the 1.14 Minecraft version, which Mineplex does not only support. Since it supports all users from 1.8.9 and above, it would make it so certain players are unable to play the game, and would need a lot of reworking if it were ever to swap over to this version. I doubt that would happen, but just in case, I'll go ahead and still leave my thoughts on your kit itself.

You said what the armor value is, but what type of armor would it be? Some iron armor and leather? Personally with how the kit is set up, no more than a set of chainmail should be accompanied with this kit.

For the Darkness Ball attack, this honestly seems way too overpowered and unfair. I would like to see effects such as these stay away from SSM as much as possible, so I don't really support this one. Blindness is way too overpowered due to the fact you can't sprint or see anything, and stacking the wither effect on top of that is even more unfair. Players can easily destroy any kit in the game, even if these lasted for a few seconds. By the time you kill somebody, it would already be recharged, and you could infinitely keep using this to your advantage. Maybe something similar as the smash crystal move, but as a regular ability I'm going to have to disagree on this one.

Your Magic Crossbow move seems also very overpowered, and doesn't make too much sense. It has a cooldown of 7 seconds, yet it lasts for 7 seconds. This means you can use this with basically no cool down, and it is insanely broken. The damage on this is super high, and I don't understand why you lose melee every time as well. You shouldn't be able to deflect the projectiles either people shoot at you. Finally, a random effect would be insanely broken as well. You could probably use these on your teammates and have them work, along with it just being very unfair to other players as these could become Instant Damage or Poison arrows. This would be very unfair, and would honestly just break the game. Maybe this ability could just be a normal bow with a zombie type effect, but I still am not the biggest fan of this either.

For your Dark Bow, it is an interesting idea, however I don't believe it is fair either. If damage increases per heart lost, then this could essentially become an instant kill. This really isn't needed either, and is just way too overpowered as well.

Curse Ritual. This is just so overpowered, and you would not be able to die. Unlimited leaps is a lot (especially for this kit), the nausea would not be fair, the cooldowns are way too low, and this would honestly beat every kit in the game without even a challenge.

This kit would need major balancing in my opinion, but it definitely is an interesting idea. If SSM were ever to swap over to 1.14 and this were to be moved to an achievement kit, then maybe I would be more supportive of it. For now, I'm going to leave this at a -1 as I don't see this being balanced for the SSM communuty. I would also love to see bugs worked on instead of new kits, as these already need a lot of balancing. On that note, have a good day :)

Posted Nov 6, 2019
  9. As @saltyfishhy said, I disagree with this idea. Pillagers are 1.14 mobs, and mobs have to be 1.8 or lower to be added as a kit to SSM. Plus, there is no recovery move. I'm sorry, but I'm going to give this a -1. I suggest changing the look of the pillager kit to someone dressed up as a pillager and add a recovery move before I give this a +1.

Posted Nov 6, 2019
  10. Heya! I'm not going to go into the fact that Pillagers are 1.14 mobs as it's been said a lot already. My concerns over your idea are more based on the balancing and description of the kit you've provided. They're creative and sound quite good, but comparing them to the other kits, the kit seems a little too fast-paced for my liking and giving it powerful abilities will just make it unfair over the other kits. Yes, SSM if a fast-paced game, but it's only like that because of the abilities. Anyway, let's get into it.

My issue with this is mainly the blindness and withering effects. Even with a cooldown of 12 seconds, the user could just blind and essentially batter their target unfairly applying this blindness every 7 seconds. When you're playing SSM and are in combat, 5 seconds is a very long time, and witherings 7 seconds may kill movement abilities to escape which would make the kit more unfair to fight. Then you're giving it knockback, so the player won't be able to see when they're being knocked off and won't be able to save themselves, therefore, ending the game very quickly and SSM losing popularity.

If I was you on this ability, I'd remove blindness as it's just too unfair and can't really be worked well. I'd also make the knockback a little more powerful now the blindness has gone and maybe apply a slowness effect with a weakness for maybe 3ish seconds. It'd allow the player to escape whilst being a rather powerful effect being added to the target making them slightly easier to kill using melee attacks. It'd be a little like creepers grenade just not with the amount of knockback it has. At least if you did it this way, it'd give the user of a kit like this time to escape if they need to.

Adding this would immediately turn the kit to a ranged based kit like Zombie or Skeleton which is alright as there isn't many although again this is quite unbalanced. I don't think the damage should be too great on this ability, but I do think the knockback is a good idea. Maybe the longer you pull back on the crossbow, the more the knockback will be, and when it's fully charged you hear a click that makes the knockback quite high! I'm against the random effect though, I think if you wanted this, then it'd have to be made certain which one you want, and given your above Darkness Ball already giving a negative effect then that would unbalance the kit again, so removing the effect would make it better.

If you're applying a large knockback to a crossbow, it'd make sense to make the passive arrow effect a little longer, like 5 seconds per arrow and an instant arrow if you hit a target. As for blocking projectiles, this won't really be viable in the long term I don't think. Projectiles are coded not to be stopped so you probably will be hit by them. The only projectile that has been made to be like this is fireballs which Magma Blast on the Magma Cube kit is coded to do as you can repulse them, I'd leave it at that so most kits can still hit this one around a bit.

Due to the pace of SSM, I don't think this is possible giving it be reset every time the player is hit as players are constantly being hit. This passive in itself won't really work in my eyes as all it is doing is making another ability unfair. The passive could become the arrow regeneration I said above.

I'd remove nausea as some kits already do this, and given the power of Dark Ball, nausea will make the smash way too powerful. I'd also nerf the arrow damage slightly, have armour effect it, but have it still do a lot of damage because you don't want it to be an instant kill, you still want tank grade kits to have some effect on it. Other than that, the smash idea seems good.

Apart from my criticisms, I think this idea could work with a little bit of rethinking, although yes as people are saying, the mob that this applies to and the crossbow won't be possible as Mineplex still uses 1.8 for the PVP that players like and these assets just won't exist on Minecraft at that version. You could maybe think of a new mob or tool, but at the same time, you might need to tweak the abilities to make it fit for purpose.

Other than that, I think you had a great idea in mind, but it had a lot of flaws when it came to balancing. Keep sending good ideas like this one by all means! -1

Posted Nov 7, 2019