• 879 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2963 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

SSM Kit: Ocelot

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by Pythraithia, Nov 5, 2019.

?

What do you think?

1. Too OP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Boring

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Great idea!

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Has potential, needs change

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  5. Too weak

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. (Another) new foe has appeared!

Introducing the Ocelot

- Stats -

Cost: 4000 gems

Armor: 4. Full chainmail, minus leggings.

Damage: 5

Regen: 0.25 hp/sec

Knockback taken: 200%

Double jump: 80% vertical, 115% horizontal (I'm using slime as scale with 160% vertical, 100% horizontal)

- Abilities -

Sword: Claws Out - Unsheathe your claws and rapidly slash 3 times in front of you. If the first two slashes hit, the third will deal 2 bonus damage and inflict slowness (I) for 3 seconds. Damage (per slash): 2, Cooldown: 8 seconds.

Axe: Kitty Blitz - Streak forwards in a blur of movement, swiping at anyone in your way. You move faster (speed II) for 2 seconds after, but you become exhausted and slow down (slow I) for 6 seconds. Damage: 5, Cooldown: 11 seconds (starts after the speed boost ends).

Passive 1: Cautious Cat - Once per life, falling below 8 hp (4 hearts) grants you a chance to gain speed I and 2 armor (chainmail leggings) while taking 35% more knockback for 10 seconds. You become exhausted (slow I) for 6 seconds afterwards. Crouch twice to activate.

Passive 2: Stalker - The closer you are to your enemies, the more damage you deal. +2 attack damage to enemies within 0.75 blocks, +1 attack damage to enemies within 1.5 blocks.

Smash: Predator - Ocelot gains 6 extra hearts and a third jump. Every third attack deals 2 bonus damage and inflicts slowness (I) for 2 seconds. Kitty Blitz does not exhaust you and has a reduced cooldown (11 -> 5 seconds). Duration: 25 seconds.

- Clarification -

Claws Out hits anyone within 3.5 blocks (0.5 blocks further than normal melee reach) in front of you, and each slash is visually depicted as an arc of white particles. Slashes are 0.25 seconds apart.
    Kitty Blitz has a small contact area around the cat for dealing damage, and quickly travels 12 blocks straight in the direction you're looking. You are able to be hit during this time without taking kb (although it'll be hard to hit such a small, fast-moving object).
    Predator replenishes your health to full (like all Smash abilities, but this time to 16 hearts), and once the ability ends, the 6 extra hearts vanish without adding or deducting current default hp.
    Stalker won't be overpowered or give too much damage because most melee takes place at around 1-3 blocks, with better players being able to hit at longer ranges to keep knocking enemies back without taking damage themselves. It won't be easy to get very close to an enemy, unless standing nearly on top of them (or when passing each other while double jumping). I think this might open up some new melee possibilities to focus less on spamming clicks to keep enemies at bay.

- General Playstyle -

Ocelot would be an assassin kit which focuses on quickly shredding enemies while being able to retreat when weakened. Blitz into enemies and swipe them with claws. Good melee would be a requirement to play this effectively (like wolf), and getting up close and personal rewards those willing to dive into close combat. Ocelot is very lightweight though, so avoiding heavy kb is a must. The small hitbox will help in fighting, but damage will be mediocre if enemies can keep their distance by hitting you away.

Let me know what you think!

Yes, pokyvessel52506, I know you already made your own kit idea.

Posted Nov 5, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  2. With the current state of SSM, I am generally against adding any new kits before making some updates and changes to the game such as balancing out a couple of kits that the community has been requesting. Nonetheless, assuming this kit would be added after those updates I will try to critique some things that may be too OP or just do not fit into the game.
    Right of the bat, both of these skills' cooldowns are long which means you already know that these are too strong. I'm a bit confused on the first one, are you suppose to manually hit others for the three slashes or does it do it automatically do so when you right-click your sword? Regardless, I think this is a bit too OP in terms of numbers. I think that three slashes with no bonus damage, instead maybe some knockback will do just fine: the slowness should not last longer than 1.5 seconds in my opinion.
    As for the other skill, this adds nothing new to the kit, it is too similar to the wolf kit's wolf pounce. The main issue with this kit is making it distinctively different from the wolf kit in terms of usage as if it is too similar then it's practically another wolf kit in disguise. I suggest a different axe skill, maybe when you right-click the axe it turns the ocelot into an "angry" ocelot and so you receive strength II for 2 seconds? Just an idea.
    Passive 1 seems to be too similar to pig kit, but I have no issues with it. Smash is too similar to the wolf's smash but again, I'm not worried about it, however, passive 2 is too OP and I do not see that happening. I understand that I suggested the axe skill above to have something similar to this, but the skill would only last 1-2 seconds upon being activated and would have a cooldown immediately after. Adding this as a passive where it is indefinitely on as anyone near the ocelot will trigger it to have strength is simply too OP in my eyes.

Having said all of that, I honestly like the general vibe of the kit being an assassin kit. I understand I have not added counter ideas to my critiques because I simply have not thought much about another kit as SSM needs some updating in my opinion first. All of the above is based solely on my opinion and experience, I do recommend you make some changes to your idea by utilizing critiques from myself and other players.

Posted Nov 5, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 5, 2019
  3. ok you've done this too many times -1

Posted Nov 5, 2019
  4. What? What did he do “too many times”?

Posted Nov 5, 2019
  5. well i think this is good but much like a wolf dupe

Posted Nov 5, 2019
  6. I like the idea of a new kit added into SSM. While there are many flaws that need to be fixed with SSM, adding a new kit wouldn't be such a bad thing. The one thing I'm concerned about is how similar this is to wolf. I'm going to give this a +0.5

Posted Nov 11, 2019
  7. How is this kit idea similar to wolf.

Posted Nov 11, 2019