• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7923 Players Online
  • 5033 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion SSM Kit Idea - Husk

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by TekMonkeyJr, May 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Abilities:

Iron Sword - Quicksand: Has up to two uses with each one having a timer for 15 seconds. Husk lays a quicksand trap around him. When an opponent walks over it, it traps them in the quicksand for 2 seconds and slows them down after they are trapped for 5 seconds. (Slowness effect is slightly greather than a potion III slowness effect but lesser than the Wolf's "Cub Tackle" )

Iron Axe - Dust Wind: Husk send out a wave of sand diagonally upwards that send the opponent flying. Ability has 8 seconds to recharge. (Double clicking will turn it into Quicksand)

Passive - Heat Wave: Standing in Quicksand will boost his speed and strength for 4 seconds.

Super - Sand Dune: The entire ground is turned into Quicksand and everyone gets continuously hurt for about 3 hearts for 7 seconds.

Posted May 29, 2020
  2. I love the idea, especially the quicksand ability. However, since a large number of players play on 1.8.9, it would be hard to add compatibility for all players. If the developers can find a way around this, then I'd love to see the Husk and other newer mobs added to the minigame.

Posted May 29, 2020
  3. I would love to see this added, but like @Mv__ said, it would be difficult to implement since a lot of people (including myself) play on 1.8. I would love to play this kit as it looks like a mixture of the wolf's abilities and the iron golem's abilities, plus its own unique abilities.
    +.5, I would love to see it in the game but it might not be possible

Posted May 29, 2020
    Mv__ likes this.
  4. Besides the fact Husk was added after 1.8, there's some fundamental aspects of the kit you're missing: Melee Damage, Armor, KB taken, and Regeneration. Make sure to add those if you decide to make anymore SSM kits in the future. Nonetheless, I'll give my rundown on what's been provided.

The idea of a trap doesn't seem very appealing to me as it requires you to place the trap in a good spot and for your opponent to run into it, making it unreliable as it depends on the mistake of your opponent as opposed to abilities that only rely on your ability to land it. Additionally, it'd be even harder to get opponents to land on it as it requires them to be on the ground, which is hard considering everyone is leaping over everything. Overall, the ability is unreliable and doesn't offer a lot of plays or potential to the kit's arsenal.

This sounds like it functions pretty similarly to Iron Golem's fissure, but there's no specification on the amount of damage dealt and height of flight so it makes it a little hard to judge.

What level of speed and strength? Is there a cool-down on the passive? How long does quicksand stay on the ground? The idea seems interesting but it needs a little more detail.

3 hearts over 7 seconds or 3 hearts per an unspecified amount of time for 7 seconds?

I applaud the time and effort spent to create the kit but I don't believe SSM is in need of more kits, but rather balances and fixes on the current ones. Additionally, there's a lot of key fundamental aspects that are missing in both the kit itself and the abilities so it's a little hard to picture what your vision is.

Posted May 29, 2020,
    Last edited May 29, 2020
  5. As much as I like this idea, I have to agree with everyone’s responses. Unfortunately this mob can’t be implemented simply because it’s above 1.8, and I assure you Mineplex will not discontinue 1.8 support (at least anytime soon). Fundamentally, I like the abilities you suggested. As for what this kit lacks, armor and weapons are balanced later by production, but you are missing a recovery ability/perk. You can implement this into one of your current abilities or sauce up a new one, but every kit must have a movement recovery, vertical or horizontal (ideally both) so they escape or can get back on the map when their double jump is unavailable. Other than that, I like the creativity!

Posted May 29, 2020
  6. I also quite like that idea. As other people have mentioned, this mob cannot really be added in 1.8. However It does mean the general abilities could be renamed and perhaps added on another mob later on, as I think it brings a sort of defensive strategy to the game, whilst also having the capability to be an offensive asset also. I think also what may be the case is whether or not other kits can counter the set class, providing a more capable, balanced game. Overall, I think your idea is very creative and you've clearly thought about this for a while. I personally like it.

Posted May 29, 2020,
    Last edited May 30, 2020
  7. Heyo!

As I myself am a big SSM player, this class sounds very well balanced and fun to use. As others have stated husks were added after 1.8 and most likely could not be put into the game.
    However a substitute for this kit with the same abilities I think would be a great way to still add this class. I love the idea!

Posted May 29, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  8. Hey!

Read through most of the responses that everyone gave this idea and a big issue was the fact that it'll be hard to make it 1.8 compatible. Otherwise, I the abilities and the kit itself sounds very interesting.
    I feel like a way that this could be compatible is if it were a zombie with dyed leather armor. It'll distinguishable from other kits and can still work. This can maybe be implemented in the Bedrock version of Minecraft as it'll be up to date with the versions.
    However, with as many kits that SSM has currently (a lot), I'm going to have to give this a

Great idea though!

Posted May 29, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  9. I just realized that I had scrapped ideas for the dust wind ability and quicksand ability.

SAND DUNE
    Pressing the button will just use the ability normally, but holding down the button turned it into an arching wall. Walking onto it will shoot you up about the same height as the opponent would when getting hit.

QUICKSAND
    The quicksand would act as a throwable fish net. Throwing it can hit an enemy and will still do the same effects but it just won't be on the ground. If it hits the ground, it will turn into the regular quicksand ability.
    _______________________________________________________________________________

I've read all your replies and I do understand all of them. Putting this mob in will be hard considering everyone isn't on the same compatible release date. Plus they would have to rebalance some of the mobs before adding in another mob which also makes sense.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 31, 2020
  10. you have 78 ssm games played at the time of me writing this, im not sure why you said you're a big ssm player

Posted May 31, 2020
    Xukuwu, aaawesome, Worpp and 3 others like this.
  11. I just love playing the game, that’s all :)

But I see what you mean, maybe should have put SSM enthusiast or something along those lines because I do very much enjoy the game and purchased all kits.

Posted Jun 8, 2020
    Shipsa and TekMonkeyJr like this.
  12. Everyone on this thread absolutely had to address the obvious: it's not 1.8 compatible (honestly it doesn't really matter, this idea can be adapted for another mob)

The kit itself seems to try to have synergy with quicksand which is really cool. The idea of having charges on moves is cool as well, not yet done in SSM. I think the slow 3 would be rather strong, so I think toning that down would be a lot nicer. For future note, it's not possible to have a slowness 2.5, if that was what you were trying to suggest.

The smash ability is rather strong. A global effect that also deals damage over time is pretty much guaranteed kills, which isn't fair to the other players who cannot counterplay that smash at all.

The biggest flaw with this kit idea is that it's not finished. There are not base stats as mentioned in earlier replies and the kit lacks a recovery move as well. Without these fundamental things, it can be hard to evaluate the viability of the kit.

Take some time to reevaluate and add more details to the kit! We love to see what you say

Posted Jun 26, 2020
    TekMonkeyJr likes this.