• 3854 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12292 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion SSM Kit Idea: Horse

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by FredModulars, Jul 17, 2019.

1. I've had an idea for an SSM kit: Horse!

Cost of the kit: 5,000 Gems

Armor: Iron Leggings, Boots and Chainmail Chestplate

Ability 1: Hail Hay!

Hail Hay is shown with an iron axe. Right clicking will shoot a bundle of Hay Bales (similar to Squid Shotgun) in the direction you point at. The damage the enemy receives (not depending on armor) is 3.5 hearts with a straight and good blast. The reload time is 5 seconds.

Ability 2: Ranch Rodeo

Ranch Rodeo is shown with an iron shovel. Aiming it at a specific direction will make blocks sprout and jump up from the ground! The blocks go up to 5 blocks high and the ability goes on for 15 blocks and takes 5 seconds to complete. The damage by being flung up by one of these blocks is 5 hearts, with a reload time of 15 seconds.

Passive: Hoof Hearts

You will have regeneration 1 every time you get a kill. IN TEAMS MODE: You and your teammate will receive regeneration 1 ONLY per your kill. 5 seconds for each person with no stacking.

Smash Crystal: Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong is the smash crystal. You have 3 smash crystals (similar to the snowman smash crystal for reference). Aiming each smash crystal at a specific location on the map will tear the map down. For reference, imagine half the blow of the Creeper's smash crystal. You have 3 smash crystals to use, and each one lasts for 7 seconds (a total of 21 for all of them combined). Damage to people in the area of the smash crystal will be 3 hearts a second, so it's basically a bit more overpowered than "Earthquake."

Thoughts?

Posted Jul 17, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 21, 2019
  2. Heyoo!

I used to play Super Smash Mobs a lot back in 2016/17 and my thoughts about this are something like 50/50 I don't completely understand the second ability "Ranch Rodeo" but for some reason that looks like a sheep ability to me. As for the first ability, even tho it's pretty much the same as squid's ability, I think it would be a great one! I also really like the names of those abilities and passive. As for the Smash Crystal, I think it's too overpowered because It's like you have 3 creeper's ult at the map and you would probably destroy 70% of the map with those crystals. Passive is fine, I'm not sure about this regeneration for your teammate as well but it's great. However, I think this is not a bad idea but it needs some improvements!
    - I gave you my completely honest thoughts! ^-^ +0,5

Posted Jul 18, 2019
    FredModulars likes this.
  3. Think of Ranch Rodeo as a slightly better version of the iron golem's fissure (except the blocks go completely in the air)

The smash crystal isn't that bad in my opinion. The "creeper blasts" are half the blast of a regular creeper, and anyhow the map regenerates.

Your input does describe crucial points, but I feel some of them are alright. Thank's for the feedback!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 18, 2019
  4. Hey, I think this is a GREAT idea! It’s not super OP. Which is good. I like the idea of the “Hail Hay”. I like how it’s like the Squid Shotgun.

Overall, it’s a +1 from me

Posted Jul 18, 2019
    FredModulars likes this.
  5. Smash Crystal is definitely overpowered,
    But i like the rest of the ideas.
    +1

Posted Jul 18, 2019
    FredModulars likes this.
  6. Hey!

First thing's first, I love the idea of a horse kit. A horse is a unique mob that hasn't been introduced to the SSM scene and I'd love to see it there. I have 1147 wins and I think we need something new added to SSM. What you've proposed here is an okay start, but I think there should be some huge changes. Both of the abilities are too similar to the squid kit and aren't unique. The first ability, "Hail Hay!" is basically a copy of the ink shotgun (I understand you regarded this in your post). The second ability, "Ranch Rodeo", is basically a copy of the Fish Flurry kit. I think if a Horse kit was introduced, it should be unique to other kits. I do commend you on having a unique passive, and I think this should be in the Horse kit.

Overall, I'd give it a -1 due to it being too much of a copy of other kits.

I hope you have a great rest of your day!

Kind regards,
    Wrappingz

Posted Jul 18, 2019
    FredModulars, Task and leo_thya like this.
  7. I'm looking at this, and I have to agree with @Wrappingz, this kit is too similar to other kits and I don't see a need for another horse kit, it's not exciting enough if that makes sense. Also, don't forget to add the regen rate!

How long does the regeneration last? Does it stack? These are the type of things you have to clarify before creating them.

I'm a little confused on what you mean by "tearing down the map" when you compare it to the creeper, but then say it's a better version of earthquake. Does the map just fall apart rapidly or slowly?

Overall, this seems to be a combination of other mob's abilities, and other's that just don't fit well into the theme

Posted Jul 21, 2019

8. That's the point.

Kits 25% of the time have similar abilities to others. The kit "Snowman" is basically a copy off of "Blaze," with literally almost the same moves. The block throw for the Enderman kit and the static laser for the Sheep kit have the same concept. The guardian kit has the smash down ability that is practically a copy of the Iron Golem. Rotten flesh has the same base concept as "bone splash" by the Skeleton. The double jump for Spider is a direct transfer to the Wolf double jump. The Witch kit's Splash Potion, The creeper's Sulpher Bomb, and the Spider's arrows along with a dozen other kits all follow this same concept.

Kit's copy each other all the time, I really don't understand the backlash with that here. Coping of other kits is no big deal, it's been done 100 times in the past.

I realized I forgot to mention regeneration duration. That'll be 5 seconds - edited in the post, sorry. And no - no stacking.

Also, I really am confused on how people don't understand the smash crystal. First off, I compared it to the Iron Golem skill wise (like how good it is) and the Creeper smash crystal in terms of function.

Take the blast of the creeper smash crystal and cut it in half. Then you have three of those in smash crystals. Wherever you point it at will explode that amount/radius.

NOTE: The "Ranch Rodeo" ability is being confused as well, so here's another synopsis: Take the iron golem's fissure but the blocks go all the way up in the air and smash down. Any players who are caught in the field (either smashed by a block coming down or when they come into the air) receive the amount of damage I originally stated.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 21, 2019
  9. Love the idea! i think that the passive might need a little tweaking but the creativity sounds awesome in the abilities

Posted Jul 21, 2019
  10. They aren’t similar at all? xD Just because they use an energy system does not make them a copy of each other.

Again, just because two abilities need to be charged, does not mean they are the same.

Which was why Guardian was heavily criticized for being a copy of IG. Even then, Water Splash has its differences and I’s say, better than Seismic Slam.

How are they even similar? xD Just because they have similar usage doesn’t make them the same.

...and you could say literally every kit has a copy of the same double jump.

Main difference is that potion can basically only do AoE damage while SB can only damage with a direct hit.

And no other kit has Needler but Spider.

Posted Jul 21, 2019
    MiladKhan and Sven like this.
  11. Its the abilities. The energy system is the EXACT same apart from damage, like my post drifts away from the shotgun. Plus their kits are similar in LOTS of ways. Such as their second ability is a utility to get up and can also be used for killing (blocking someone with ice path)

It isnt the charging - holding down a long way projectile with a reload time and all is certainly the same.

It still is a copy though...

Bone splash is a knockback tool that delievers it to everyone in a specific radius with damage. Rotten Flesh deals knockback to a specific direction with damage. Tell me.

Yes but their double jumps are the only ones different apart from chicken and are a copy.

Yes but they're still the exact same CONCEPT and reload time and all.

I meant to say spider with the one I said before. Many kits have a copy of projectiles.

It's not only this, dozens other kit abilities are copied and done.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 21, 2019
  12. LOL did you really just say that? Literally any recovery that can deal damage can do that. You just described almost every recovery. Like I said, same functionality does not mean same ability. Good luck killing someone with Ice Path though.

Hmmmm, bows are long ranged and have a reload time (like every ability in the game) so it must be a copy of Block Toss. Static Laser has a much greater range, is hitscan, does less damage, and has a longer cooldown. Block Toss is a projectile.

The ability's name is actually Bone Explosion. You don’t have to aim, is an instant AoE, and does much more knockback than Spew Bile. Spew Bile has to be aimed, does a LOT less knockback. If anything, it’s more like Blizzard.

Sure, they are a copy, but it isn’t an excuse to make duplicate abilities. Double jumps are a game function, same as melee damage. So if you want to use that logic, literally all kits are a copy because they have melee damage.

They actually have different reload times and are used differently. Like I said, Daze Potions are usually aimed at the ground to deal AoE damage while Sulfur Bomb can only do damage through direct hits, thus making their concept different.

For the record, two wrongs don’t make a right. Just because abilities are very similar currently, does not to make it desirable and encouraged for future kits. You can’t justify something is good because something bad happened in the past that is similar.

Posted Jul 21, 2019
    Xukuri and MiladKhan like this.