• 1718 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5445 Players Online
  • 3727 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

SSM Kit Idea: Ender Dragon

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by NoHacksJustGavin, Jun 13, 2019 at 5:28 PM.

1. Hello everyone! I am here to tell you that I think SSM should have the Ender Dragon Kit because the Enderman and Ender Dragon are two different mobs. However, they are similar because they both live in the end. Even though it is a boss mob, it should still be added.

Information:
    1. Cost: Achievement kit

2. Double Jump: 50% higher

3. Armor: diamond chestplate and iron leggings (edited)

4. Health: 10 hearts (edit)

5. Ability 1: Dragon Flight
    a. Weapon: Iron Sword
    b. Cooldown: 8 seconds
    c. Description: At any direction you will fly like a dragon and go forward at any direction you are facing for 3 seconds. When activated, you deal 2 hearts and 20% knockback to any player you are touching. It cannot be activated while on the ground. (edit)

6. Ability 2: Ender Breath
    a. Weapon: Iron Axe
    b. Cooldown: 6 seconds
    c. Description: It summons ender particles that deal 2 hearts and 20% knockback to any player touching it. The distance is 5 blocks forward at any direction, and it lasts for 1 second. (edit)

7. Ability 3: Egg Bomb
    a. Weapon: Iron Pickaxe
    b. Cooldown: 5 seconds
    c. Description: It summons a dragon egg under you, and when it touches the ground, it explodes and deals 3 hearts and 40% knockback. It can only be activated when you are at least 5 blocks higher.

8. Ability 4: Wing Slam
    a. Weapon: Iron Shovel
    b. Cooldown: 10 seconds
    c. Description: At any direction, you will go forward 3 blocks. Then, you will deal 3 hearts and 40% knockback to any player you hit, but you will take 40% knockback. Otherwise, when you touch the ground, you will deal 3 hearts and 40% knockback to anyone around you at a 5-block range. It can only be activated when you are at least 10 blocks higher. (edit)

9. Passive: Angry Dragon
    Description: When you are at half health or less, you will receive Speed 2 and deal 10% more damage on all abilities. (edit)

10: Smash Crystal: Ultimate Dragon
    Description: When activated, you will infinitly fly around the map, deal double damage and knockback, and receive halved cooldowns on all abilities. This smash ability lasts for 30 seconds.

If you like my idea, then please leave a like to it and comment down below

Posted Jun 13, 2019 at 5:28 PM,
    Last edited Jun 14, 2019 at 2:28 PM
    Cupi Wupi likes this.
  2. I would kind of like this if you had 15 hearts, and it would warn you when you had to stop flying like a 10 second cool down. Here’s a con though, the size of the ender dragon is WAY too big. How would you solve that?

Posted Jun 13, 2019 at 5:33 PM
  3. To solve it, I think it should have Jump Boost 3 because dragons are meant to fly.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 13, 2019 at 5:40 PM
  4. this is a joke right

Posted Jun 13, 2019 at 6:06 PM
    evildoer likes this.
  5. No, the Ender Dragon kit idea is not a joke because I would love to see it in SSM.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 13, 2019 at 6:22 PM,
    Last edited Jun 13, 2019 at 6:28 PM
  6. Not even going to read the thread, the fact that the Ender Dragon’s hitbox is too big would make this kit idea impossible to be implemented.

Ignoring the fact, this kit has no armor making it killable, on average, in 4 hits.

Posted Jun 13, 2019 at 6:55 PM,
    Last edited Jun 13, 2019 at 7:57 PM
  7. I suggested the armor even better

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 13, 2019 at 10:33 PM
  8. Overall you made a kit idea that’s extremely broken considering it’s hit box as well as how overpowered you made it? Thought it was a joke but you seem quite serious!

Posted Jun 13, 2019 at 11:52 PM
    Sam ♡ likes this.
  9. I think it's a good idea, but it's way too overpowered..

Posted Jun 14, 2019 at 10:43 AM
  10. I mean, imagine playing SSM with a huge dragon jumping around the map. The size of it compared to other mobs is pretty big, the same goes for its hitbox. The abilities you suggested are creative but overpowered, I really don't see this kit being a possibility. Even if you made the abilities balanced, like others have stated - the size and the hitbox just makes it unrealistic.
    Going from no armour to full diamond is a huge change, might want to balance that a liiiittle bit more.

Posted Jun 14, 2019 at 11:40 AM
    1k9 likes this.
  11. Not quite sure where to start, but I'll try to break down some of the details of the kit.

If we are taking a medium jump like creeper or squid as a base line, you effectively end up with a little higher than slime or maggie's jump.

Smash mobs typically don't have extra hearts because that's the purpose of the armor, give your hp more wieght.

Non-wieghted 20 hearts or 40 hp is the same as giving 10 hearts of health 50% armor, or 12.5 armor points (6.25 bars), which is alright for medium or larger mobs like the skeletons or enderman, but we are talking a behemoth that is the enderdragon, so effective 40 hp is probably not gonna cut it, especially balancing regen normally, as it would be completely unweighted in addition. (0.50 hp a second is far more than the advertized .25 hp a second)

Meanwhile AFTER you add diamond armor, which at 20 armor points gives 80% damage reduction, 20 hearts suddenly values ONE HUNDRED HEARTS (200hp) of chungus value. In comparison, the tankiest health pool of iron golem with 16 armor points (64% damage reduction) values a mear 55.5 hp, or 27.7 hearts.

So, the balancing is still probably a mile off in that department.

Now, the abilities, are in their own ball game, and probably down pitched quite a bit, while sure, 3 seconds of supersquid WITH a hitbox is quite a bit uppitched, 4hp of damage and pracitcally no knockback even vs chickens on 5 hp is not alot, and honestly likely open the dragon up for wolloping due to having to hold the sword to fly, assuming that you need to even block to fly as simular to super squid.

I imagine that the breath is supposed to be a 5 block length CONE of endfire (or other particles) that deals the effects, but again, peashoter knockback and 2 damage, even with a 5 block SPHERE is simply pathetic, even if it's on a 6 second clock.
    TBH this is starting to look like the APM dragon. :kappa:

Another APM move with the 5 second clock, and it's basically just a clone of Baby Bacon Bombs, that can't be activated on the ground. Given the effective fighting range vs an enderdragon, this move will almost never connect in a standing or dragon advancing fight, and only has use while fleeing or being juggled (which you can't do while juggled because current activation rule)

Ok, this is just.... {B}athetic
    first off, this will never do anything EVER unless you are right next to the person in the air, and this is basically just a worse move than the NEW WOOLROCKET, less damage, peashooter knockback again, recoil, or just pitiful splash radius if it doesn't connect, which won't hit anyone unless they stand still.

Ok two problems, active for far too long, and little to no impact while active, the speed will give you a little more distance on double jumps, but the +5% damage is entirely useless.
    Moving on.

APM DRAGON OVERLOAD!!!1!
    mostly though this is kinda just fly around the map for a year and kill everyone with your melee cause it's objectively better than any of it's abilities on a baseline of 6*2hp damage.

Well, that's about it, while this kit as it stands is nearly an immovable object, it's also just only loaded with peashooters, so, balanced? probably, fun to play as or against in a game? n o o o o . . .

b u T s i R y O u n E V e r t A l k E d A b o u T...
    Ok random commenter, here's my answer, and it's 3 words long...

I D O N ' T C A R E

Summery:

It's nice seeing people give their take, but the enderdragon is certainly a kit only veteren kit builders could scratch in feasable balance sense and fun sense as well.
    Maybe take the feed back from this forum thread and get innovative with some other design, I'm looking forward to what else you might make.
    At the same time, if you are confident don't be affraid to push the bounds, like into ghast, or maybe make a ghastling, or go for a 1.9+ mob, just be aware of the limits of your choice before you expect it to be added.

With that, have a good day. o& : )

Posted Jun 14, 2019 at 12:42 PM
    1k9 and Combativeness/xWorpp like this.
  12. That's because dragons are meant to fly.

Ok, to put a balance, I reduced the armor to diamond chestplate and iron leggings, and I reduced the health to 10 hearts.

I doubled the percent of knockback for that ability, which means I made it 20%

First of all, dragon breaths do not go like a cone or a sphere. Second, I changed the knockback to 20% so that it's not weak. Third, it does low damage so that it's not too OP.

Egg Bomb is not like Baby Bacon Bomb because eggs don't move.

To make Wing Slam better, I changed the radius to 5 blocks, and I doubled the knockback to 40%.

To make Angry Dragon better, I changed the speed to speed 2 and doubled the damage for all abilities to 10%

Well I'm not saying that the smash ability last forever. I'm saying that you would automatically fly for 30 seconds.

It's an achievement kit because it's a boss mob.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 14, 2019 at 5:34 PM,
    Last edited Jun 15, 2019 at 3:37 PM
  13. I want to keep my response short and simple -

Pretty much what @Wyataz said, I disagree with the idea. The hit box is far to large. When enderman uses its smash, the enderdragon is huge and takes up the whole map (especially on maps such as glacier). The armour is unbalanced, as most kits use either chain or leather armour. Only the tank kits use iron and diamond, and even then, it takes alot of damage to kill these mobs with melee.

I liked the idea of adding a new kit, but I'd have to disagree with the ender dragon being added. Whilst the abilities fit the kit perfectly, it wouldn't work at all, and take away the fun of ssm. Nice idea but a -1 from me!

-brrbrrdeng

Posted Jun 14, 2019 at 7:16 PM