• 1480 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5108 Players Online
  • 3628 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion SSM Kit Idea: Ender Dragon

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by NoHacksJustGavin, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Hello everyone! I am here to tell you that I think SSM should have the Ender Dragon Kit because the Enderman and Ender Dragon are two different mobs. However, they are similar because they both live in the end. Even though it is a boss mob, it should still be added.

Information:
    1. Cost: Achievement kit

2. Double Jump: 50% higher

3. Armor: diamond chestplate and iron leggings (edited)

4. Damage: 5 (Edited)

5. Ability 1: Dragon Flight
    a. Weapon: Iron Sword
    b. Cooldown: 8 seconds
    c. Description: At any direction you will fly like a dragon and go forward at any direction you are facing for 3 seconds. When activated, you deal 2 hearts and 20% knockback to any player you are touching. It cannot be activated while on the ground. (edit)

6. Ability 2: Ender Breath
    a. Weapon: Iron Shovel (edit)
    b. Cooldown: 6 seconds
    c. Description: It summons ender particles that deal 2 hearts and 20% knockback to any player touching it. The distance is 5 blocks forward at any direction, and it lasts for 1 second. (edit)

7. Ability 4: Wing Slam
    a. Weapon: Iron Axe (edit)
    b. Cooldown: 10 seconds
    c. Description: At any direction, you will go forward 3 blocks. Then, you will deal 3 hearts and 40% knockback to any player you hit, but you will take 40% knockback. Otherwise, when you touch the ground, you will deal 3 hearts and 40% knockback to anyone around you at a 5-block range. It can only be activated when you are at least 10 blocks higher. (edit)

8. Passive: Angry Dragon
    Description: When you are at half health or less, you will receive Speed 2 and deal 2.5% more damage on all abilities. (edit)

9: Smash Crystal: Ultimate Dragon
    Description: When activated, you will infinitly fly around the map, deal double damage and knockback, and receive halved cooldowns on all abilities. Also, it makes the distance of Dragon Breath three times longer, but it's not automatic. This smash ability lasts for 30 seconds. (edit)

If you like my idea, then please leave a like to it and comment down below

Posted Jun 13, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 29, 2019
    Cupi Wupi likes this.
  2. I would kind of like this if you had 15 hearts, and it would warn you when you had to stop flying like a 10 second cool down. Here’s a con though, the size of the ender dragon is WAY too big. How would you solve that?

Posted Jun 13, 2019
  3. To solve it, I think it should have Jump Boost 3 because dragons are meant to fly.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 13, 2019
  4. this is a joke right

Posted Jun 13, 2019
    kim_crazy, SudL and evildoer like this.
  5. No, the Ender Dragon kit idea is not a joke because I would love to see it in SSM.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 13, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 13, 2019
  6. Not even going to read the thread, the fact that the Ender Dragon’s hitbox is too big would make this kit idea impossible to be implemented.

Ignoring the fact, this kit has no armor making it killable, on average, in 4 hits.

Posted Jun 13, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 13, 2019
  7. I suggested the armor even better

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 13, 2019
  8. Overall you made a kit idea that’s extremely broken considering it’s hit box as well as how overpowered you made it? Thought it was a joke but you seem quite serious!

Posted Jun 13, 2019
    Sam ♡ likes this.
  9. I think it's a good idea, but it's way too overpowered..

Posted Jun 14, 2019
  10. I mean, imagine playing SSM with a huge dragon jumping around the map. The size of it compared to other mobs is pretty big, the same goes for its hitbox. The abilities you suggested are creative but overpowered, I really don't see this kit being a possibility. Even if you made the abilities balanced, like others have stated - the size and the hitbox just makes it unrealistic.
    Going from no armour to full diamond is a huge change, might want to balance that a liiiittle bit more.

Posted Jun 14, 2019
    1k9 likes this.
  11. Not quite sure where to start, but I'll try to break down some of the details of the kit.

If we are taking a medium jump like creeper or squid as a base line, you effectively end up with a little higher than slime or maggie's jump.

Smash mobs typically don't have extra hearts because that's the purpose of the armor, give your hp more wieght.

Non-wieghted 20 hearts or 40 hp is the same as giving 10 hearts of health 50% armor, or 12.5 armor points (6.25 bars), which is alright for medium or larger mobs like the skeletons or enderman, but we are talking a behemoth that is the enderdragon, so effective 40 hp is probably not gonna cut it, especially balancing regen normally, as it would be completely unweighted in addition. (0.50 hp a second is far more than the advertized .25 hp a second)

Meanwhile AFTER you add diamond armor, which at 20 armor points gives 80% damage reduction, 20 hearts suddenly values ONE HUNDRED HEARTS (200hp) of chungus value. In comparison, the tankiest health pool of iron golem with 16 armor points (64% damage reduction) values a mear 55.5 hp, or 27.7 hearts.

So, the balancing is still probably a mile off in that department.

Now, the abilities, are in their own ball game, and probably down pitched quite a bit, while sure, 3 seconds of supersquid WITH a hitbox is quite a bit uppitched, 4hp of damage and pracitcally no knockback even vs chickens on 5 hp is not alot, and honestly likely open the dragon up for wolloping due to having to hold the sword to fly, assuming that you need to even block to fly as simular to super squid.

I imagine that the breath is supposed to be a 5 block length CONE of endfire (or other particles) that deals the effects, but again, peashoter knockback and 2 damage, even with a 5 block SPHERE is simply pathetic, even if it's on a 6 second clock.
    TBH this is starting to look like the APM dragon. :kappa:

Another APM move with the 5 second clock, and it's basically just a clone of Baby Bacon Bombs, that can't be activated on the ground. Given the effective fighting range vs an enderdragon, this move will almost never connect in a standing or dragon advancing fight, and only has use while fleeing or being juggled (which you can't do while juggled because current activation rule)

Ok, this is just.... {B}athetic
    first off, this will never do anything EVER unless you are right next to the person in the air, and this is basically just a worse move than the NEW WOOLROCKET, less damage, peashooter knockback again, recoil, or just pitiful splash radius if it doesn't connect, which won't hit anyone unless they stand still.

Ok two problems, active for far too long, and little to no impact while active, the speed will give you a little more distance on double jumps, but the +5% damage is entirely useless.
    Moving on.

APM DRAGON OVERLOAD!!!1!
    mostly though this is kinda just fly around the map for a year and kill everyone with your melee cause it's objectively better than any of it's abilities on a baseline of 6*2hp damage.

Well, that's about it, while this kit as it stands is nearly an immovable object, it's also just only loaded with peashooters, so, balanced? probably, fun to play as or against in a game? n o o o o . . .

b u T s i R y O u n E V e r t A l k E d A b o u T...
    Ok random commenter, here's my answer, and it's 3 words long...

I D O N ' T C A R E

Summery:

It's nice seeing people give their take, but the enderdragon is certainly a kit only veteren kit builders could scratch in feasable balance sense and fun sense as well.
    Maybe take the feed back from this forum thread and get innovative with some other design, I'm looking forward to what else you might make.
    At the same time, if you are confident don't be affraid to push the bounds, like into ghast, or maybe make a ghastling, or go for a 1.9+ mob, just be aware of the limits of your choice before you expect it to be added.

With that, have a good day. o& : )

Posted Jun 14, 2019
    SudL, 1k9 and Combativeness/xWorpp like this.
  12. That's because dragons are meant to fly.

Ok, to put a balance, I reduced the armor to diamond chestplate and iron leggings, and I reduced the health to 10 hearts.

I doubled the percent of knockback for that ability, which means I made it 20%

First of all, dragon breaths do not go like a cone or a sphere. Second, I changed the knockback to 20% so that it's not weak. Third, it does low damage so that it's not too OP.

Egg Bomb is not like Baby Bacon Bomb because eggs don't move.

To make Wing Slam better, I changed the radius to 5 blocks, and I doubled the knockback to 40%.

To make Angry Dragon better, I changed the speed to speed 2 and doubled the damage for all abilities to 10%

Well I'm not saying that the smash ability last forever. I'm saying that you would automatically fly for 30 seconds.

It's an achievement kit because it's a boss mob.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 14, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 15, 2019
  13. I want to keep my response short and simple -

Pretty much what @Wyataz said, I disagree with the idea. The hit box is far to large. When enderman uses its smash, the enderdragon is huge and takes up the whole map (especially on maps such as glacier). The armour is unbalanced, as most kits use either chain or leather armour. Only the tank kits use iron and diamond, and even then, it takes alot of damage to kill these mobs with melee.

I liked the idea of adding a new kit, but I'd have to disagree with the ender dragon being added. Whilst the abilities fit the kit perfectly, it wouldn't work at all, and take away the fun of ssm. Nice idea but a -1 from me!

-brrbrrdeng

Posted Jun 14, 2019
  14. It's a tank kit because it's a boss mob.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 16, 2019
  15. I didn't bother reading the entire post for the sole reason being of ender dragon's hilariously large hitbox. Instead maybe try picking up something like pigman or some sort of horse variant. I don't think anyone else would want a overly large or extremely tiny hit to play in ssm.

Posted Jun 16, 2019
  16. Hey there!
    This seems like a very interesting idea. Although this idea introduces a very unique mob to SSM, I might have to disagree for multiple reasons. Most of my points may have already been mentioned and I apologize in advance for repeating what they may have said but I think that it should be addressed finally.

First off, (the most common disagreement) the hitbox of an enderdragon is completely obstructing the possibility of this idea to actually come in use. Yes, the enderdragon is an exciting mob, but I really do not see how this particular mob will come into any use in an actual game. The mob's easy recognizable and vulnerable to any attacks from any direction. The insane hitbox completely disagrees with any possibility of this being added.

From now on, the rest of the post will go into some sort of 'outputs' of what would happen if this was added. Assuming this was an actual kit, I'd like to know how movement would work. Obviously, dragons are known for their flying ability and in Minecraft in general, it is no differrent. Allowing an enderdragon to join the game will break the game completely. There will be no possibility for it to fall into the void like the others, there will not be an opportunity for players to counter it if it goes too far out of the map and more. I most certainly don't think this will go in hand with GWEN either.

I think that the kit's abilities are too much. I think that the average kit ability range is around 2 so I don't see why this kit should have 4 different abilities. I think that ability 1 and 2 seem really nice and actually go along with the enderdragon theme quite nicely. But with that I suggest disbanding the other two abilities and only giving opportunity for the first and second. Instead of the iron axe as the second weapon, I suggest adding a shovel for balance purposes.

The passive and star abilities seem quite interetsing. Instead of having 10% damage . I think that the passive ability should give the player 2.5% additional damage instead. 10% seems a bit too much and I don't think that's fair for any other player. The star ability on the other hand seems a bit useless. I feel like it should be changed to something much more obvious and critical. Having the ability to fly itself is great but I think that the player should be given a better ability to go in hand with it. Maybe a permenant fire breath when flying? That's an idea of some sort but you can play around with it.

Although there are many disagreements with this idea, I do believe that an enderdragon kit could be used if it wasn't an actual mob rather a head of an enderdragon with a program that changes your skin to fit the enderdragon theme. I think that with a complete change of how the mob looks in game (not an actual enderdragon flying around) it would be much more balanced and easier to use. Having an actual dragon is completely unnecessary and definitely out of the question. A picture here in this spoiler (not my picture, credits to whoever took this) will show you exactly what I mean the kit should be like (the body should probably be programed to change to an black body or a dragon looking body, I'm not too sure if this will actually work since I'm not certain which version of Minecraft houses the enderdragon head but nonetheless),
    [​IMG]

For my final remarks, I just wanted to say that I'm not too sure where your idea was headed but I do see a slight chance of this actually being considere if you do agree to my suggestions. I think that overall it's an interesting kit and I wouldn't mind seeing more SSM ideas being added. Thank you for taking the time and putting in effort in making this thread, I hope to see you around more.

Posted Jun 16, 2019
  17. (edit) Well I'm saying that the player would look like an ender dragon that won't automatically fly, unless you activated the smash crystal for it.

Minus the Egg Bomb ability, I changed the number of abilities to 3 because some kits have 3 abilities, such as Iron Golem and Guardian. Also, for the Dragon Breath ability, I changed the weapon to shovel, and for the Wing Slam ability, I changed the weapon to Iron Axe.

To respond to your suggestion for the Angry Dragon passive, I changed it to 2.5%. Although I didn't make the Ultimate Dragon smash ability have permanent and automatic fire breath, I made the distance of it longer, which goes in a straight line.

I don't think having a dragon head would be a good idea because it's 1.9+.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 16, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 16, 2019
    Tours likes this.
  18. Well, it seems similar to Firefly, so while it’s really hard, I wouldn’t think it’s entirely impossible. Though, he doesn’t mention the velocity, so the distance is unknown.

Gwen most definitely won’t be a problem. Gwen, if I remember correctly, is weaker in SSM so it can’t false punish for movement.

All weapons deal the same damage, even your fist.

The dragon head is in 1.9. Even ignoring that, I don’t think a person dressed up as the enderdragon would fit the game.

Posted Jun 16, 2019
    Tours likes this.

19. Great to see some of my suggestions come in handy, I'm glad it worked out. Three abilities definitely make a lot of sense and I agree with keeping a lower ability range. I'm not too sure about the wing slam ability but I'll let it slide for now. I'll go further in depth of the dragon head below.

I completely see the similarity to firefly now that I think about it but I would still like to see, as you mentioned, some extra information about the distance. I do thank you for explaining the rest of the in-game functionalities further. I'm not too familiar with SSM's game mechanics but thank you for clarifying. For the GWEN part I wasn't sure how it would take constant flying around (since in this case I assume the enderdragon wouldn't walk but fly, therefore in cases like these even if GWEN was weaker it would be curious). But thank you again, it did help clarify even some of my suspicions.

But to comment on the dragon head- I had thought of the idea so that the enderdragon wouldn't be a problem and I definitely did think about the game's theme and how it didn't correspond with the whole game idea and I completely agree that it wouldn't maintain the sort of professional mob genre. I think that the enderdragon itself however won't either and would instead ruin the game so hypothetically speaking, this idea could only come in tact if the server was to update to 1.9+ which I doubt it will in the near future. So until then I don't see how it's possible for a full fledged ender dragon to join the game without interfering with casual gam expectations.

Posted Jun 16, 2019