• 2794 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11232 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion SSM Kit Idea: Elder Guardian

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by NoHacksJustGavin, Jul 8, 2019.

?

Should elder guardian join SSM?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    85.0%
  1. Hello everyone! I'm here to tell you that the kit, Elder Guardian, should be added because guardian and elder guardian are two different mobs. However, they are similar because they are both meant to shoot laser beams. Information:
    1. Cost: Achievement Kit (edit)

2. Damage: 7 (edit)

3. Armor: Diamond Chestplate and Iron Helmet

4. Double Jump: Normal

5. (edit) Ability 1: Sponge Blaster
    a. Cooldown: Uses XP
    b. Weapon: Iron Axe
    c. Description: Right click to throw sponge blocks 5 blocks away up to 5 times in a row. Each sponge will deal 3 damage and 100% knockback, and every sponge on the ground will last for 4 seconds. Left click to make the sponges explode and deal 6 damage and 150% knockback.

6. (edit) Ability 2: Hooked Sponge
    a. Cooldown: 5 seconds
    b. Weapon: Iron Shovel
    c. Description. Right click to throw a wet sponge block 10 blocks away. When it hits a block or a player, you will be pulled all the way toward the wet sponge. Any player that is hit by the wet sponge will take 5 damage and 150% knockback
    7. (edit) Ability 3: Grabbing Laser
    a. Cooldown: 10 seconds
    b. Weapon: Iron Sword
    c. Description: Right click at a player to summon a guardian laser that summons bubble particles at a player. The laser will make the enemy player unable to move or use their abilities. Move your mouse to move the player around, and release to deal 8 damage and 200% knockback. If you move, get hit, or hold the laser for 3 seconds, it will cancel.

8. (edit) Passive: Thorn Aura
    a. Description: Anytime you are hit with a projectile or melee attack, you will deal 2 damage and 100% knockback. (edit)

9. (edit) Smash Ability: Sponge Mess
    Description: You will freeze in location and teleport 10 blocks above the map for 8 seconds. Also, you summon a guardian laser 1 block above you towards the ground that lasts for 3 seconds. After the laser disappears, it will summon 15 sponges anywhere on the ground at a 30-block radius. Any enemy player that is 5 blocks near or above a sponge will receive slowness 4 for 5 seconds. After 5 seconds, the sponges will disappear and explode, dealing 10 damage and 500% knockback. Right click with the nether star to activate. (edit)

Comment down below, and if you like my idea, then please leave a like to it.

Posted Jul 8, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 3, 2019
  2. 4 damage is very weak for Elder Guardian. You should also know that a normal melee hit deals 100% knockback all other abilities are equal to or greater than that so the 10-40% kb isnt going to be noticeable at all. Lastly Elder Guardian is too big.

Posted Jul 8, 2019
    _NoHaxJustCats_ likes this.
  3. Hello there.

Personally, I don't believe that the Elder Guardian would be a viable addition to SSM. As @_JPXFRD_ has said, the hitbox would be way too big. I personally feel like SSM has a variety of kits to choose from, and if the Mineplex devs were to update it, they should prioritize balancing the game and introducing other features instead of just continually adding new kits.

I hope that this feedback helps you!

Posted Jul 8, 2019
    _NoHaxJustCats_ likes this.
  4. Ok, I made lots of changes to knockback so that it's better. Also, the elder guardian has a bit smaller hitbox than the iron golem. Proof: https://prnt.sc/oc8rkf
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, I changed the damage to 8 so that it's not too weak.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 16, 2019
  5. The hitbox is smaller than iron golem by a bit, but the iron golem kit is hardly played due to it's hitbox, so most likely no one would use the kit due to how easily you can get hit by high damage abilities like the sheep's laser, guardian laser, and other abilities. It would just be pointless to add in and not many people would use it.

Posted Jul 16, 2019
  6. Well the point of adding it in is that elder guardians are boss mobs because each ocean monument in minecraft has three of them, and they drop sponges when they die, so I changed the cost to achievement kit.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 16, 2019
  7. I liked the idea at first Although, what changed my mind was the hitbox. It would be very big and easy to combo out considering how big the hitbox can be. Although, for the Guardian's Smash you can think of an idea that can be that it changes into the Elder Guardian. This feature is like the Wither Skeleton's smash.

Posted Jul 16, 2019
  8. Even though the elder guardian is a large mob, it won't take up the whole map because it's also smaller than the ghast. Proof: https://prnt.sc/ogeule

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 17, 2019
  9. although this is a cool idea that could be added to SSM i don't see it happening because currently they are way to many kits in SSM
    cool idea though

Posted Jul 17, 2019
  10. It is still very large and can be easy to combo out.

Posted Jul 17, 2019
  11. Well just because SSM has the most kits in mineplex doesn't mean it has every 1.8 mob in minecraft, so it still should have more kits.

Since elder guardians are large, I gave the kit slowness 2.

OP OP
  12. That just makes it worse. I am saying any other kit can easily combo it out. Just because it is large does not mean the slowness 2 will make it better. It is like Iron Golem where it can be easy to combo out. Except with Iron Golem, it is only very tall which is why it is easy to combo it out. In the case of Elder Guardian, it's width and height is big.

Posted Jul 17, 2019
  13. Ok, I removed slowness 2, and since the smash, guardian invasion, is useless, as guardian don't instantly deal damage, I changed the smash to sponge mess.
    --- Post updated ---
    By the way, for a solution, this is what the elder guardian kit should look like: https://prnt.sc/ogjs2q

OP OP
  14. 90% sure that iron golem has passive slowness 2 to begin with actually, maybe just 1. Either way, losing a combo chain 99% of the time isn't great for a kit's survivability

Posted Jul 18, 2019
  15. I already made the elder guardian kit look smaller.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 25, 2019
  16. I love that you're coming up with ideas, however I don't see this as a viable kit for SSM. It does seem a bit overpowered, doing more damage than a diamond sword, along with it being half covered in diamond armor. I get that this would be an achievement kit, but even so, it should be statistically on par with all the other kits in the game as to not ruin SSM.

Posted Jul 25, 2019
  17. To put a balance, I changed the helmet to iron and changed the damage to 7.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 25, 2019
  18. Personally, I feel that SSM is a varied game in which every kit should be roughly the same. Now, at the time I am posting this comment, it is arguable that the wolf is the strongest kit, while the sheep is the weakest, so it's more of a mean base than anything.

For starters, there are many problems with elder guardian being in the game, though thats not to say I don't like the idea, in fact I would love the concept, however I just don't see it fitting. As mentioned above, the hitbox is drastically bigger than most of the other mobs, which makes it extremely easy to combo (as in hit repetitively to the point where the hitbox is unreachable to the victim). Unlike the iron golem, the elder guardians hitbox is much more wide spread, on top of the fact that it always looks at the nearest player. Hitting the guardian is confusing as it is right now, and considering that the elder guardian has practically the same AI as a guardian, it'll do the same, causing for a confusing mess.
    Ok, now onto point two. Now, don't take this the wrong way, but it appears that many of the kits abilities mirror the abilities of other kits. (I.e explosive sponge being very similar to wool mine, swim strike resembling wolf strike, etc. I actually had this happen to me, too.). I am aware many kits have similar movesets, so this is not that big of a deal, but just be cautious.
    Next, the concept. I should start off by saying that you really tried to remain to the vanilla minecraft feel, but bare in mind, there is a kit that drops babies of itself onto other players for damage and height, so the grasp of vanilla may be a little daft in SSM.
    To rap things up, the ideas of the kit are fair, although could use improvements. Sadly, the elder guardian just doesn't seem to fit into the SSM cast, however I applaud that you threw your hat in and gave an attempt. Not many are willing to do that nowadays.

Keep in mind, this is not a bad idea, it's just the concept of the elder guardian being a part of the cast that just seems unrealistic, however I am not saying it's impossible.

Have a great rest of your day!

Posted Aug 1, 2019
    Posted Aug 1, 2019
  20. I changed the passive to Thorn Aura since Explosive Sponge is too similar to Wool Mine, and I changed the abilities to Sponge Blaster (because Power Laser is too weak, as players can move away from it), Hooked Sponge (because Swim Strike is too similar to Wolf Strike), and Grabbing Laser (because Sponge Trap is a little bit similar to Spin Web).
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, to make Sponge Mess fair, I made it summon 15 sponges instead of 25.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 3, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 3, 2019