• 2740 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10322 Players Online
  • 7582 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion SSM Kit Idea- 3 Cat Stack

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by Eroil, May 4, 2019.

?

GooD?

1. YeY

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. NeY

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. 3 Cat Stack- SSM Kit Idea

Introduction

The idea for this kit is to have the model for this kit be the 3 cat types (Siamese, Tuxedo, and Tabby) stacked on each other, like so-
    [​IMG]

The concept for a kit like this isn't my original idea, a kit idea using this this model was originally made by the user ThinkMore, and posted on the enjin forums in 2015. I thought their idea was really cool, though I didn't really like their design of the abilities, so I wanted to recreate a version with my own move ideas. So yeah, all credits for the kit's concept goes to ThinkMore.

Here's a command you can use to spawn the kit's model in Minecraft (credit to Marvin5265e that posted it on the original thread)

/summon Ozelot ~ ~1 ~ {NoAI:1,OwnerUUID:"0",CatType:2,Riding:{id:Ozelot,NoAI:1,OwnerUUID:"0",CatType:1,Riding:{id:Ozelot,NoAI:1,OwnerUUID:"0",CatType:3,Silent:1},Silent:1},Silent:1}

Be aware that this is a command made for 1.8 so it might not work for the more recent versions.

Also, the order in which the cats are in the picture is the way the kit was designed in the original version. I don't really think the order really matters, it can be like that or any other way as far as I am concerned.

The way the thread is going to work is that for each move there will be a description saying how the move works, then if you want to understand the details there's a "Mechanics" section right after, and in the end there's an “in game” description for the move, for when you right click the weapons in the lobby. In the end of the thread there are "extras" with some more ideas or stuff I'd like to mention, that you can read if you want, I'd appreciate if you go over the first part of it if you plan on replying.

One last things- the order in which I describe the moves isn't according to the their weapon's spot in the hotbar, but in a way you'll be able to understand the move when you read it without needing to read moves that come further down the thread to get how it would work.

Alright, now that I got all of these things out of the way, let's begin with the idea itself.

Statistics

Melee damage- 4

Armor- 9 (Chainmail Chestplate and Leggings)

Health regeneration per second- 0.25

KB taken- 170%

I'm aware those stats are very low, further down the thread you'll understand why they are this way.

Cost- 5000 gems

Shift Ability- Feline's Flexible Function

By pressing shift (sneaking) you're able to switch between a regular double jump and a directional double jump.

No cd. Switching drains 5% full energy bar. While on direct jump mode, you don't gain any energy.
    Notice: this isn't the only ability that affects the energy. Read the second move's mechanics if you want to know how the energy system works.

Starts the game in normal double jump mode.

When switching you receive a message in chat saying what type of jump you currently have- "Skill> You switched to Double Jump"

"Skill> You switched to Direct Jump"

Sneak to change out your jump type, from a regular one to a directional one.

Recovery Ability (Shovel move, 2nd hotbar spot)- Hiss-Terical Hop

By right clicking while holding your shovel you drop your bottom cat and initiate the type of double jump that was selected at the moment you used the ability. If you used the ability while on regular jump mode, the cat drops straight down. If you used the ability while on direct double jump mode, the cat is thrown at the opposite direction of where you were looking.

Using this move causes your hitbox to shrink- if you were at full size (3 cats) you'll become 2 cats, and if you were at 2 cats, you'll become a single cat. If the cat hits an enemy it deals 8 damage, and inflicts weakness effect for a few seconds.

After hitting the ground, the cat will begin to chase after enemies, dealing damage and also inflicting weakness.

This move is energy based. Using it drains an amount equal to 7.5 seconds it would take to recover that amount of energy back, but if the cat survives 4 seconds after it's released, it despawns and you're rewarded with energy equal to 3.5 seconds. If the cat falls to the water or the void it also despawns but you don't get energy back. Same if the cat is killed by an enemy.

So essentially, it's 4 seconds if the cat survived, and 7.5 if it didn't. This rewards players that managed to make their “teammate” survive, but also rewards enemies that succeeded in killing it.

When you send a cat out you get a firework star in your 3rd inventory spot which will count down how many seconds until the cat disappears. It will start at 4 and once the cat despawns or dies it will disappear. If you released another cat when one is already out you'll receive another firework star in your 4th inventory spot that will count down independently. The firework stars depend on what cat you released- for Tabby you get an orange firework star, for Tuxedo a black one, and for Siamese a white firework star.

You'll grow back in size when you've gained the required energy.

I recommend reading the mechanics of this move to understand how the energy would work on this kit.

Direct hit damage- 8

Direct hit knockback- 100%

Direct hit weakness duration- 5 seconds, weakness I

Cat damage- 3.5

Cat hit weakness duration- 2.5 seconds, weakness I

Cat health- 8

Velocity- 30 blocks per second (1.5)

Direct jump mode projectile range- 15 blocks.

Cat minions remains on stage for 4 seconds max if they don't die.

Weakness doesn't stack. If an opponent gets hit by the projectile the weakness will become 5 seconds, if the cat “minion” hits the enemy the weakness will become 2.5, unless it was more when it hit them.

Energy Mechanics-

(*When I type .3/.6 I mean 1/3 and 2/3)

Starts game with 50% energy

Energy recovery rate- 6.6% per second (0% to 100% in 15 seconds).

Energy recovery rate is 0 while in direct jump mode.

Energy use cost- 50%

Cat survival reward- 23.3%

Feline's Flexible Function cost- 5%

Size I (1 cat)- 0%- 49.9%

Size II (2 cats)- 50%- 99.9%

Size III (3 cats)- 100%

If you hit someone with the cat projectile, a note block sound plays, and you receive the following message in chat- "Skill> You hit [Player] with Hiss-terical Hop"

When using the move, you receive a chat message that tells your current size you're at-

"Skill> You used Hiss-terical Hop, You're now size [1/2/3] "

When regaining a cat, a shortened “purr” sound effect plays, and you receive a message in chat that tells you your size has increased-

"Recharge> You're now size [1/2/3]"

Release one of your squad to attack enemies, while sending yourself forwards! The cat is launched in a different angle depending on your selected jump type. Helping your teammate survive the battle will make you regain it quicker.

Passive 1- Paw-culiar Power

Enemies that have the weakness effect will receive extra knockback from melee attacks, and extra knockback and damage from projectiles.

Melee KB multiplier- x2

Projectile KB multiplier- x1.75

Extra projectile damage- +1 damage

Hitting enemies with your cats weakens them! As a bonus, they will receive more knockback and damage, for some reason.

Projectile Ability (Axe move, 1st hotbar spot)- Furball Fusillade

When right clicking the axe, you will shoot out a small hairball (represented in the form of a firework star). The hairball is shot at a straight line and falls to the ground only in the end of its range. For each cat you have at the time you use the ability, you will shoot out an extra hairball after a short delay.

The hairball's range isn't very large, so to land the extra hairballs you'll need to use your direct double jump to chase after the enemies.

You will continue firing hairballs even if you switch weapons or use either HH or FFF.

Each cat's hairball also looks differently- Tabby's hairball is an orange firework star, Tuxedo's is black, and Siamese's is white.

Hairball Damage- 3.5

Hairball Knockback- 100%

Hairball Range- 8.5 blocks

Hairball Shot Delay- 1 second between every hairball

Velocity- 24 blocks per second (1.2)

Cooldown- 6.5 seconds, cooldown starts when you finish shooting out the hairballs.

For each hairball you shoot out a shortened “meow” sound effect is played.

When using the ability you'll receive a chat message saying you used the move and at what level is the move (level 1 is 1 hairball, 2 is 2…)-

"Skill> You used Furball Fusillade level [1/2/3] "

When the cooldown ends you’ll receive a chat message as well-

"Recharge> You can use Furball Fusillade”

Spit out a highly compressed hairball in a straight line, one for each cat. There's nothing a cat isn't willing to do while on the battleground.

Passive 2- Purrrtnership's Potential

All your stats improve when you grow in size, except for health regeneration.

The (main) idea behind this ability is to incentivise staying larger instead of opting to abuse your small hitbox.

Extra melee damage bonus per cat- +1.5

Extra armor bonus per cat- +1

Reduced KB taken per cat- -15%

Melee damage size 1- 4

Armor size 1- 9

Armor pieces size 1- Chainmail chestplate, chainmail leggings.

KB taken size 1- 170%

Melee damage size 2- 5.5

Armor size 2- 10

Armor pieces size 2- Chainmail chestplate, chainmail leggings, chainmail boots.

KB taken size 2- 155%

Melee damage size 3- 7

Armor size 3- 11

Armor pieces size 3- Chainmail chestplate, chainmail leggings, chainmail boots, leather helmet.

KB taken size 3- 140%

Your teammates help you from above and below, increasing your damage and armor while decreasing your knockback taken.

Smash Crystal- Fluffy Fortress

You become huge, transforming into a tower of 9 cats, and turning fully invincible.

All your abilities besides Feline’s Flexible Function are removed and you instead gain a new diamond axe weapon called Cat Cannon.

When you right click your axe, 3 cats disappear from your model and are shot out, one cat straight forwards and the other 2 30° from it, on the right and the left. If the cats hit an enemy they deal damage, and after hitting the ground the cats will start chasing enemies, and despawn once you have used Cat Cannon again.

Your melee damage is set to 7.

Direct hit damage- 6

Direct hit knockback- 100%

Cat damage- 3.5

Cat health- 6

Range- 12 blocks

Cat Cannon cooldown- 4 seconds

Velocity- 30 blocks per second (1.5)

Duration- 20 seconds

You receive the nether star used to activate the smash crystal in your 5th inventory slot, so it won't be deleted by the firework stars.

Each time you use Cat Cannon a strong “meow” sound effect is played.

When you use Cat Cannon and when the cooldown is over, you’ll receive the appropriate chat message-

"Skill> You used Cat Cannon "

"Recharge> You can use Cat Cannon”

Become a giant, invincible fortress of fluffiness. Right click the axe to send your comrades to take the nation’s enemies down.

Extras

"Some" additional notes about and the kit.
    This part consists of Potential Criticisms and Answers, Design Philosophy, and Alternate Ability Names.

Potential Criticisms and Answers

Alright, so when writing this thread or before that while I was thinking about the kit, I thought of many criticisms people might have for this kit; so here I compiled them together with my answers. I don't expect you to read all of this (though you can), but I would ask that if you plan on replying and have criticisms about the kit, just look over only the “C” section and see if I already answered that point here. You don't have to do that, but I'd appreciate it if you do.

C1- We already have a kit that can switch between normal double jump and direct double jump, Villager.

At first when I saw villager I thought the same, "well I guess my cat stack idea isn't an option". But after thinking about it later, I realized it really shouldn't be a problem.

First of all, why is it an issue if there's more than a single kit that has access to multiple jump types? Multiple kits have higher double jump and directed double jump, why is it a problem in this case?

Secondly, the way it works in this kit and in villager and the purpose it would serve is quite different.

With villager, it switches not only the jump type but its stats entirely (also gaining speed 1), for a short amount of time, it changes to a different mode which is focused on mobility; one of three modes it can switch between to be best fit for the situation it's in. When using it you can't switch from the different roles back and forth whenever you want, the game limits you on what forms he can use at a given time.

With cat stack you'll be able to use your direct jump at all times, but you'll need to learn at which moments it is best to be used since there's a drawback- you don't regain energy on that mode, when you'll almost always want to be as big as you can.

So with Villager, the game limits you on how much you can use that form (so you need to put more thought into the single choice of using the form) while with Cat Stack you'll need to limit yourself on how much you use that mode (so you need to put more thought into the overall use of that mode).

With cat stack part of the idea is that you would be able to use the switch option at all times for better mobility and to be able to follow enemies, moving as they do while keeping your aim for hairball spit, and also in order to be able to regen back its recovery you would frequently need to switch.

So yeah, they both would have access to both direct and normal double jump, but I think the way they work is different and serves a different purpose, enough that it justifies the similarity.

C2- The mob doesn't naturally appear in the game, unlike all the other kits.

Well yeah, it doesn't naturally appear in the game, but I still think that it's a creative and interesting idea that makes it possible to feature all the types of cats. Also, skeleton horse didn't naturally appear as well when it was added to SSM.

C3- This kit has way too many abilities... 5? Seriously?

The amount of abilities a kit has doesn't mean they're need necessarily better, so does it really matter as long as the kit isn't OP? If you think it is, that's something else and I'd appreciate if you'll explain why you think so to me.

I know that's more than any other kit, but in the past there weren't any kits with more than 2 weapons, so I don't think the “4 abilities max” is a rule that has to be kept.

Also paw-culiar power can be regarded as a "buff" like blaze's “more kb when on fire” or speed I which are not officially recognized as passives, or just as part of Hiss-terical hop, but I think both of these options are dumb. Calling it a passive is more appropriate imo, same with blaze, it's just a matter of technicality which I don't think should really matter.

C4- Please not another small hitbox kit that has direct jump!

I completely feel you. I don't want another wolf either, and so I designed the kit with that in mind. What makes wolf so strong though, and annoying to play against, isn't only because it has a small hitbox + direct dj; It's also because wolf has an extremely high damage output, along with a trapping move.

There are a couple of things I did to prevent this from being an issue-

1- Cat stack will have a really bad damage output while in min size, so players are heavily incentivized to stay large to deal good damage. It will only have good melee stats when it isn't min size, and then the hitbox is way less of a problem.

2- Running away doesn't help it as much, as when it uses direct jump to run away it won't recover any energy, and to prevent it from running, switching to normal jump, then switching back to run more, there's the energy cost for switching which should prevent that (remember that to use switching back and forth between the two jumps to recover it won't only cost 5%, it will cost 10%, as you switch twice). The cost isn't higher in order to still kind of allow using 7 melee damage together with direct jump by switching after you jump if you manage to get the right timings, and insensitive switching between the two types to pull off unique movement and cool combos.

3- Players are heavily incentivised to stay large as your stats are much better, as well as FF being stronger. Staying large also leaves you with more available options, being able to use your recovery twice, or using it as a good damaging ability (if you're able to pull it off).

C5- You're introducing here a kit that can surpass spider in speed, do you realize that?

Yes it can potentially surpass the speed of spider, but at a huge cost. It really wouldn't be to their benefit to use the recovery purely for movement as it becomes much weaker and all its options become way worse. Opponents can also "slow it down" by killing the cats that it throws in order to delay the rate in which they regain cats.

C6- Why can the kit inflict the weakness effect? Don’t you think it’s good enough already?

At first when I made the kit, planning to make it have low armor, I thought an ability to weaken enemies by a little could work well with it. The weakness effect for 5\2.5 seconds shouldn’t be that much a big of a deal imo. If you think that it would be too much and can explain why I would be glad, I can easily see it being replaced with just a “mark” effect that only amplifies the strength of the melee and projectiles.

C7- Why doesn't paw-culiar power also buff melee damage?

I thought about it, but it seemed to me that being able to dish out 7.5 melee damage along with all of this kit's available tools will be too much. It can be changed, though.

C8- Hiss-terical hop is crazy strong, it deals 8 damage, creates a cat minion, inflicts weakness which improves damage and KB, AND can be used twice in quick succession!

I know it has very high potential, but it also has major drawbacks.

Firstly, it would be one of the hardest projectiles to land in the game. Think of it as Spin Web, but instead of having a huge spread it's only 1 cat. Hitting with it twice will be even harder. The easier method would be to try and hit it in regular jump mode, but then it has almost no range, and wouldn't be hard to read and dodge either.

Secondly, using the move comes with a lot of risks as your stats and projectile get worse, and your recovery is reduced to just 1 extra double jump. The CD can be short but only if you manage to protect your cat minions.

As such I felt it needs to have a big incentivise for using it, or it will be too much of a risk to use in combat.

Lastly, I think pulling 2 hits with HH would be harder than hitting zombie's death's grasp combo which can deal up to 26 damage and has basically no CD if you hit DG. I know I'm giving one of the best kits in the game as an example, but it can deal up to 10 more damage and again HH would be harder to hit and has more risks tied to it.

All that being said, if it actually gets to the point of testing (though that's very unlikely) and is found to be too strong (because HH isn't as hard to hit as I imagine it being, or something else that I didn't notice or think of) the value can always be changed.

C9- How will the cats attack enemies? They don't regularly attack in vanilla, would that be possible?

Well I'm no expert when it comes to what is and isn't possible with plugins in MC.

Originally I thought that as ocelots naturally attack chickens in vanilla MC it should be possible to make them attack players, but I'm not sure if that's true, and we're talking about cats and not ocelots here. Later though I realized you should be able to just put an invisible angered wolf or something that does the actual damage, and only the model is that of a cat; I hope you can do something like this, at least. If it's not possible though I guess that part of the kit will have to be reworked.

C10- This kit is way too complicated, do you really want another kit as clunky as villager?

I can see why people would think that way about the kit, and I agree that the kit would be more complicated than most kits, which imo isn't a problem on its own; but when it makes the kit clunky and extremely difficult to pick up it's a different story. I'll try to explain why it's not the case with this kit though.

Firstly, I think the way the kit is designed in such a way that every "extra complexity" makes sense and flows well with the rest of the kit- the idea is that the abilities synergie with each other in many aspects (if you want to read more about that refer to the 2nd part of the extras) most of the extra complexities come from implications of HH or the energy system. It might not be as easy as "right click to shoot then run away" but learning how using HH affects your other abilities wouldn't be that hard either imo. In the end the game plan would be trying to be as big as you can to pull off the heavy damage (by utilizing your improved stats and options).

Secondly, I think it's important to separate between (A) mechanics that make a kit more complicated and (B) mechanics that only add to the kit's options. I think the key difference between those two things is if that mechanic is inseparable from the kit's moves, or if it's just something extra it isn't forced to utilize.

I'll give an example to try and show what I mean by that-

As for the (A), there's villager's profession switch; it's an essential part of its moveset and basically what makes it special, and has complexities all around it- first there's the selection of the profession, where you need to right click your shovel and drop to select your profession (a small complexity but still something you need to do in order to use the ability) the transformations doesn't only change around your basic stats, but (depending on the form you selected) but also your double jump and also the way your recovery move works. Again those aren't necessarily bad things, it's just complexities that you have to deal with if you want to utilize a major part of the kit's moveset.

Another example would be spider's spin web, where the webs are shot in the opposite direction of where you were looking- an inseparable part of the ability.

For (B), there's wolf's 300% kb strike to opponents who are under cub tackle's effect. It's an option a wolf can use if they want, and it might increase their overall effectiveness if they learn to use it properly and in the right times, but they're not forced to use it either. Another example is blaze's "more kb to burning opponents".

So what I'm trying to get to, is that a lot of this kit's "complexities" are optional and though it might increase your effectiveness if you learn to use them properly, you're not forced to use them either.

Lastly.... I feel like it's good to have more complicated kits in SSM. I do like the current selection of kits and think every one of them has enough depth to make them interesting, but personally many feel still a bit "shallow" to me in their uniqueness, if you get what I'm saying. Having a kit with more options and complexities (so far as it isn't taken too far) would be a good thing in my book.

C11- What the hell is a fusillade??? Where did you get that word from???

Fusillade's definition according to the merriam-webster dictionary is:

“a number of shots fired simultaneously or in rapid succession”

Alright, so I know that it may be sound like an odd choice for an SSM move, and I understand why some of you would probably think it should be changed, but honestly I don't think there could be a more fitting word to describe this ability. When I saw the definition I realized it's the perfect fit for this move, and it starts F! So yeah that's why it's named that way lol. If you want to look at some of the alternatives I had thought of for this move (or any of the other ones) there's a list of them on the bottom of the thread. If you think one of them is better or you have your own idea for a name (for any ability), I'd love to hear it.

C12- Why is the price so low?

Personally I think complicated kits should have lower prices so beginners will be more drawn towards the kit and might start using it more early on, so they might play enough with it that they actually learn how to use it instead of opting to instantly start using the extremely simple yet extremely effective (at lower levels) kits, like creeper, blaze and chicken. I might make a thread regarding this in the future.

Saying that, I don't really care about the price, it's one of the aspects that matter the least imo. I have set it to be 5000 for the reason I wrote, but if you have a good reason for why it should be higher I might just change it.

I actually had an idea of making it an SSM teams achievement kit, the idea being that mp would create new achievements for teams (as there are none right now) and the reward would be this kit, which I thought could be really fitting since the kit is basically 3 cats working together in a team. But I changed my mind later because of a few reasons-

1- The chances of that being implemented would be even lower than this kit being implemented (which are already extremely low).

2- Almost no one plays teams anymore. In EU there's a game maybe once a week lol.

3- For the reasons I stated earlier, that I feel like more complex kits should be accessible more early on.

C13- Just using FF on enemies with the weakness allows you to deal 525% KB without them even being in the air, and would also deal 13.5 Damage! That's crazy!

I don't think this is a problem for a few reasons-

1- If they are in the air, the first and second projectiles will probably knock them so far you'll probably won't be able to hit the next ones

2- With the 1 second of delay between hairballs opponents could regain their double jump and be able to jump cancel the knockback on the next projectile you shoot out.

3- It would be extremely hard to pull that off, so much so that I think it would basically never happen.

You can't just hit them with HH and use FF, because then you'll only shoot 2 hairballs. You can't just protect your cat until the 4 seconds passes and then use it, because the weakness lasts only 5 seconds and FF has a 1 second delay between each hairball.

In order to pull that off you'll need not only to hit your enemy with HH, and then protect your cat, you'll also have to make your cat minion hit your enemy basically in the last moment it's out before it despawns, and THEN hit them with all 3 of your hairballs. Easy right?

C14- Why is the velocity so high/low?

Velocity is easily the statistic I'm most unsure of. In the stat docs they only have a number between like 0.7-3.5 for the different velocities, so I assumed it's blocks per tick as that seems to make the most sense to me, but that's only my guess. I've treated it as being bpt for this thread, and put it at a place I think would make sense if it's indeed bpt. If you have additional information about how velocity works in this game, I would be glad to hear it.

C15- Why are all the in-game descriptions barely explain any of the ability's mechanics?

I wanted to keep the tradition of the unclear short Mineplex sentences.

No but seriously, it's just hard to explain abilities with a lot of mechanics in short sentences that would fit in with the current in-game move descriptions. I think they do a good enough job to help understand how the abilities work on a basic level, and you would continue to learn how they work while using the kit.

C16- WHY ARE ALMOST ALL THE MOVE NAMES CAT PUNS

Having a cat kit on Mineplex that isn't filled to the brim with cat puns would be outrageous and extremely disrespectful to Chiss's legacy. Please understand my hands were tied here.

“Design Philosophy”

In quotations, because this isn't some deep design philosophy and my intention wasn't to like, compare myself to actual game designers with actual design philosophy, it's not even close. But I did put thought into the design of this kit and the purpose of this part is to go over it, kind of explaining why certain abilities are the way they are, and how the abilities are supposed to work with each other- aka move synergy which was one of the goals with this kit.

The main thing that ties the kit together is HH and the energy system-

Paw-culiar Power is basically a part of HH that rewards the offensive use of the move.

Purrtnership's Potential is an implication of the energy system that serves as an incentive to stay big and not abuse your small hitbox.

The attempt with those two abilities existing is to balance between rewarding players who stay large, but also rewarding taking risks and using HH effectively.

I want a reward for staying large so players don't abuse the small hitbox, but a reward for taking risks so people don't just abuse 7 melee damage. Purrtnership's Potential and Paw-culiar Power reward each one respectively.

If one is too prominent in Cat Stack's gameplay, one of easiest solution would be to nerf one of the sides, and maybe also buff the other.

To me it seems the two sides are fairly well balanced the way I wrote it here, but I really think it would be hard to tell without actually testing. If you disagree with the way I made it feel free to tell me and give your own suggestions.

FF is essentially the “normal” mandatory projectile that many kits have, but the attempt is to try to make it unique by the way it synergies with the energy system and FFF- like the kit as a whole, it’s better when you’re bigger (which also tries to incentivise staying large) and since it has low range, the idea is that you need to use (mostly) your direct jump to chase your enemy and hit them with the following projectiles as well, and if you need to dodge other projectiles while shooting, you can switch to your normal jump and try to evade them while keeping your aim on the enemy. To make the ability to work that way the velocity and range might need to be tweaked, I tried to think how to make them so this will work but again, can’t really know without testings.

FFF also synergises with the kit in multiple ways- it’s a major key in “energy management” (which affects the kit as a whole) due to the fact that you only recover energy while on “normal dj” mode. It also controls HH, and supposed to help with positioning yourself so you can hit your projectiles. Lastly it has a large effect on the “melee game” of the kit, idea being that you should kind of use direct jump together with your 7 melee if you time your switches with your jumps well (reminder that switching costs energy!).

Finally, returning one last time to Paw-culiar Power, it’s also supposed to help you push away enemies from your cat minions so enemies don’t kill them, along with FF.

Eh, I might’ve (probably) forgot something I wanted to write here, but I feel like I probably wrote enough, lol. Maybe I’ll add more to this part in the future.

Alternate Ability Names

So while creating the names for this kit I came up with a lot of extras before deciding on the one I’m satisfied with, you can read them if you want. Yes, I know some of them “aren’t the best” to say the least, but that’s why they’re not used lol. If you think one of them is better than the one I decided on (or have a name to suggest of your own) I’ll be glad if you tell me in the replies.

Feline's Flexible Function-

*Switcheroo

*Flexible Felines

Hiss-Terical Hop-

*MultiCat Bounce

*Purrfect Plunge

*Venturous Vault

*Apawling Aerial Assult

Paw-culiar Power-

*GO AWAY!

*Invasion Of Personal Space

*Tail-nacious Thrust

*Toughened Thrust

*Purr-culiar Power

Purrtnership's Potential-

*Power Of Teamwork

*Purrtnership's Power

*Fluffy Federation

*Unique Union

Furball Fusillade-

*Damned Device's Discharge

*Hairball Hiss

*Furball Fling

*Feline's Fiber

*Fluffy Fibers

*Fluffy Fiber Fling

*Pellet Pelt

*Hairball Hurl

*Hairball Hail

Fluffy Fortress-

*Sense of Survival

*Fluffy Fury

*Purrfect Pillar

5/5/2019- Thread (FINALLY) released. I can go to sleep now. Please for the love of god don't remove my formatting mp thanks~
    *Update- They removed it. (Alright just some of it, still annoying).

Posted May 4, 2019,
    Last edited May 6, 2019
    leo_thya likes this.
  2. I'm surprised no one has yet commented on this idea, i really really love the time and effort put into this post. I think it's really unique and that the idea of having a kit that would have to mange it's own system of cat usage would be really interesting. The thing i'm concerned about is if it'll be another dud like villager. Sure the idea of a cat kit sounds good, but when you throw in all the components of managing and resources, it just makes people feel discouraged to use it. If a new player uses the kit, they will most likely get destroyed since the kit is so compliacted, which may drive them away from the kit at an early stage in learning. Even though some people might like this, the playstyle may just not be for them, and just make them avoid playing the kit entirely. Other than that i really love everything about it, and if the day comes where i see a stack of 3 cats running up to just flat out murder me, i wouldn't be too upset!

Posted May 21, 2019
  3. Reading through this thread, I loved all of the ideas. I think this would fit perfectly in the SSM family, however the abilities, damage, and protection might need some change to get more balanced. I don't really know if it is too OP or under OP, because I don't really play SSM that much, but I do think the KB might be a little bit too high. Also, this kit would take a long, complex time to make, and I don't think the developers have that much time to make this kit, especially if it is like the villager and people don't use it, the devs could of just wasted their time making this, so I am on the board with this to see if any other people approve or disagree with the kit idea.

Posted May 22, 2019
  4. Thank you, I really appreciate the reply, I was sure at this point no one is going to comment on this thread (which was pretty disappointing, to say the least).
    As for the kit being overcomplicated, I can definitely see where you're coming from and it was something I thought a lot about while making the kit and tried to reduce that. I'll explain why I think it wouldn't be a problem though-
    I agree that the kit would be more complicated than most kits, which imo isn't a problem on its own; but when it makes the kit clunky and extremely difficult to pick up it's a different story. Here are the reasons it's not the case with this kit, imo-
    Firstly, I think the way the kit is designed in such a way that every "extra complexity" makes sense and flows well with the rest of the kit- the idea is that the abilities synergize with each other in many aspects (if you want to read more about that refer to the 2nd part of the extras) most of the extra complexities come from implications of HH or the energy system. It might not be as easy as "right click to shoot then run away" but learning how using HH affects your other abilities wouldn't be that hard either imo. In the end the game plan would be trying to be as big as you can to pull off the heavy damage (by utilizing your improved stats and options).
    Secondly, I think it's important to separate between (A) mechanics that make a kit more complicated and (B) mechanics that only add to the kit's options. I think the key difference between those two things is if that mechanic is inseparable from the kit's moves, or if it's just something extra it isn't forced to utilize.
    I'll give an example to try and show what I mean by that-
    As for the (A), there's villager's profession switch; it's an essential part of its moveset and basically what makes it special, and has complexities all around it- first there's the selection of the profession, where you need to right click your shovel and drop to select your profession (a small complexity but still something you need to do in order to use the ability) the transformations doesn't only change around your basic stats, but (depending on the form you selected) but also your double jump and also the way your recovery move works. Again those aren't necessarily bad things, it's just complexities that you have to deal with if you want to utilize a major part of the kit's moveset.
    Another example would be spider's spin web, where the webs are shot in the opposite direction of where you were looking- an inseparable part of the ability.
    For (B), there's wolf's 300% kb strike to opponents who are under cub tackle's effect. It's an option a wolf can use if they want, and it might increase their overall effectiveness if they learn to use it properly and in the right times, but they're not forced to use it either. Another example is blaze's "more kb to burning opponents".
    So what I'm trying to get to, is that a lot of this kit's "complexities" are optional and though it might increase your effectiveness if you learn to use them properly, you're not forced to use them either.
    Lastly.... I feel like it's good to have more complicated kits in SSM. I do like the current selection of kits and think every one of them has enough depth to make them interesting, but personally many still feel a bit "shallow" to me in their uniqueness, if you get what I'm saying. Having a kit with more options and complexities (as far as it's still within a reasonable boundary) would be a good thing in my book.

Thank you, I appreciate it. I put a lot of thoughts into balancing the kit so it wouldn't be too OP or UP, if people would point out specific parts or explain why something is too good, I'm willing to change it, your first statement as it is, is too general and I don't have much to say about it.

As for KB being too much, I can see where you're coming from, but I think the option to deal mass KB is balanced out but the difficulty of pulling it off. To pull off the mass KB options you either need to be at full size and hit multiple hairballs (would deal 200/300%), which isn't impossible but would be harder to do than just hitting one move that deals simmilar amount of KB that other kits have (slime, sheep, creeper come up mind). Another mass KB option is to hit an opponent with Hiss-terical Hop (which already is pretty difficult) then use the buffed KB and hit multiple hairballs which would be even harder to pull off (realistically deal a max of 350%).

As for the complexity of making the kit, I can see why it might take a long time to develop, though I really can't say for sure as I don't have any experience in coding, maybe a lot of the kit's extra complexities are simple to add, idk. If someone here understands coding and is willing to share their opinion, I'd appreciate it.
    I explained in my reply to BoxingWithBoxes why I think it wouldn't have the same problems as villager of being too overly complicated. If people come and explain why they do think it would be too complicated of a kit to use, I might change my mind and try to fix to kit so that wouldn't be the case.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 22, 2019
    CreepBro06 and Snowwii like this.
  5. Glad to see you're addressing this stuff! Really makes me believe that this could be an option. I'd love to see a bunch of cats running around across the map. And i did feel bad as to how no one was replying, i really wish i could've replied the day i read this post, but my computer's keyboard wasn't functioning, but i got it all fixed up now, so i can finally give you the respect you deserve on making this post.

Posted May 22, 2019
  6. Henlo Eri :d

Now, if we put aside that it's somewhat silly, it's actually an okay kit, but I can see some underlying problems with it.
    Although it's three cats high, which is a mid-sized hitbox, I feel like this could be used to turn the tides of a melee battle instantly. If you're locked in a combo or are trading hits, that sudden shrink in hitbox can not only make the opponent miss their hit, but also makes you harder to hit in general. Top that off with the actual ability that deals damage, and it might be an insanely powerful combo.

You mention in A10 that you understand our concerns with this kit's complexity. I don't find that too much of a problem. What's harder is designing and coding an ability that switches from a projectile to an NPC which attacks you. The devs would have to design the launch, trajectory, and switch from the projectile to a freely moving character that attacks enemies. I'd imagine that's quite hard and time-consuming when easier and maybe less complex kits could be made that are equally as interesting gameplay-wise.

This is a very cute detail - I like it!

I feel like that's very, very op. I even with a big hitbox of nine cats, it's still way too powerful. If you just take off the invincibility and add regen II instead, or keep the invincibility but only allow it to move with normal double jumps or with slowness, then it would be alright - still quite strong.

I really like the idea behind this, and I can clearly see that much time and effort has gone into its design, but ultimately there have been other kit suggestions which I favor over this one, due to the time it would take to create. It's also got some balancing issues, especially with the shovel skill "Hiss-terical Hop", and the smash "Fluffy Fortress", but if we overlook those issues, it is a decent kit that would be quite versatile. I like the creativity of it!

Posted May 22, 2019
  7. Thanks for the support, I appreciate the time time you took to reply to the thread, and happy it's getting some attention.

HH reducing hitbox- I don't see this as much of a problem as the ability is also a recovery- it will launch you in a certain direction, making hitting with a melee attack not much of an option for a short time after it is used anyways, after that the enemy can adjust for your hitbox change. If the enemy aims for the middle cat anyways, I think it might not even be a problem for them, though I can't say that for sure.
    Also, slime rocket exists in the game already, and also reduces your hitbox, so an ability that changes your hitbox doesn't seem out of the question.

Difficulty with coding HH- you might be right, again as I'm no expert when it comes to coding. In my mind though it shouldn't be much of a problem, I don't think they'd need to make it switch from a projectile to a functioning mob, but do something similar to how they handled slime rocket- adding a hurtbox to the mob which deactivates when hitting an opponent or the ground, then starting to function like a normal mob once it hits the ground. To prevent it from doing the same issue as slime rocket with double hitting (rocket and the minion hitting targets at the same time) I suggest what I also suggested for rocket, give the mob weakness 10 until it hits the ground to prevent it from also damaging opponents.

Crystal being too OP- well you become a tower of 9 cats, so I thought it would be a problem if you wouldn't be invincible, as you could be very easily damaged by melee attacks. Where it comes to smashes I'm not sure this one will be all that strong honestly, considering other smashes also makes you invincible and sometimes flight and give you arguably much better tools- blaze, squid, skeleton horse, slime, witch come to mind.
    If you can elaborate what makes you think this smash specifically would be too strong, I'd be glad to hear.

Hiss-terical Hop balancing issues- The relatively high damage to cooldown ratio comes from the fact that the ability would be hard to hit- basically spin web without the huge spread. I am willing to change my mind about it of course if issues with it will be brought up, and would be happy if you could explain why you think the move is too strong, and what aspects of it make it cross the line in your eyes.

Thanks for replying and the support, I appreciate it!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 23, 2019