• 1487 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5118 Players Online
  • 3631 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

SSM is the highest IQ game

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by San Holo, Jun 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stop mistreating us non-ssm players I have all a's and like 3 b's :(
    In all seriousness ssm seems like a fun game and I wish we had it on bedrock so I could try it.
    edit:I also agree with ClassyOwl down below:

Posted Jun 14, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 14, 2019
  2. This thread seems awful elitist and your premise is based on the assumption that nobody on Mineplex is lying about their grades. I find it extremely hard to believe that you've accurately assessed the entire playerbase of SSM and that your findings were solid enough to support your claims, especially since you blatantly exclude "the randoms."

Posted Jun 14, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 14, 2019
  3. Damnnnn So I Can't Play?

Posted Jun 18, 2019
  4. didnt i waste 2 weeks of my time arguing with you about the same exact subject, and you ended up looking stupid because you got 5 of your friends to spam dislike my posts or was that someone else?

anyways besides the point, you're completely wrong.. # of combinations adds to the difficulty, which i find funny how you make clicking 4 spells seem as if it's impossible with your wording. you clearly haven't played an actual mmo before, so i wont go into explaining it to you too far into depth, but let's just leave it at the fact that it has 5x more things going on than SSM does, even in the slowest paced mmo out there.

Posted Jun 19, 2019
  5. We might want to lock this thread because it's original intention of being a joke has been misunderstood, and this thread is now a mosh pit of roasts. :(

Posted Jun 19, 2019
    Sqwush/Snowwii likes this.
  6. Oh yes...yes...

The perplexity of the game makes it magnificent, with the words “SSM” makes me instantly smart.
    With the hydraulic action of the bisectors

SSM simply stands for

Super
    Smart
    Minemen

Simple as that!

Posted Jun 19, 2019
  7. Probably someone else, I've never asked anyone to do that (and MP forums havent even had dislikes for years now).

I've played Archeage, ESO, DDO, a bit of WoW and a heck of a lot of time in Runescape (RS3 and OSRS) along with Destiny. I think it's fair to say I have a reasonable bit of MMO experience, and I'm still going to say that the raw number of combinations or options doesnt equate to how high the skillcap is. Not saying that SSM necessarily requires more skill than these games for that reason (nor did I imply that SSM's combinations were difficult...), but in general just increasing the number of things you can potentially do doesn't increase the skillcap.

Even if you increase the number of potential moves substantially, there are going to be certain combinations of moves that are ideal for each class. Even if you have lets say 100 different moves per class, there is probably a combination of maybe 10 that is 'ideal'. All the other 90 moves are things to read and know about, but them existing doesn't actually increase the difficulty in playing at all, because at the end of the day... you are still using only 10 moves in a set order for a majority of things.

If you make it so that there is extra mechanical difficulty, such as by making the rotations have more moves or be more difficult to execute, then yeah that increases difficulty and the skill cap, but saying "Oh well this game has more moves, so it requires more skill" is pretty clearly false. That doesn't inherently mean you have added to the game, other than a whole lot of extra information for players to read, and a bit more variety in what they can choose.

Posted Jul 9, 2019
    • General Rudeness Severity 2
    As it turns out, I have done the math on how this works out. I have taken a small sample of two people (myself and you) using the GPAs and opinion of SSM from each participant

Me, who likes SSM: 5.0 perfect score lol the best GPA is 4.0 but im literally smarter
    You, who do does not: -5.0 literally an idiot how

If we construct a diagram of the correlation between "smart" and "likes ssm", we can construct this scatter plot:

https://imgur.com/njrdTkT

I am actually taking AP statistics not even part of the joke

The two points are well marked "me" and "you", showing our positions on the scatterplot. I don't care if you like SSM because I actually like it more than you and because I haven't labeled the axes with units of smart or likes ssm I can put you at the bottom regardless.

The red line is an approximation of our scatterplot to convert our data into a continuous segment, which allows us to present a correlation.

But we don't even need to test for the correlation coefficient. It already passes through every point, which means that the correlation coefficient is 1.0; a perfect match.

Thus, you are stupid.

have a nice day lol

-beeb

Posted Jul 11, 2019 at 8:34 PM
  8. You can only play ssm if you watch Rick and Morty

Posted Jul 11, 2019 at 8:46 PM
  9. I hate that show, but SSM is the game I'm best at. So I'll kindly disagree.

Posted Jul 11, 2019 at 9:39 PM
  10. There doesn't seem to be a specific correlation between players with good grades and those that play SSM. We have a lot of intelligent players on our server that play a variety of games. There's no research to support this and with a player base of our size, it would be hard to try to gather information like this. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter how good someone's grades are when it comes to playing on the server. We accept everyone for who they are.

Since the original poster has been forum banned since this was made and most of the replies are rude towards others, I'm going to lock this thread.

Thread Locked

Posted Jul 13, 2019 at 1:39 PM
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.