• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion SSM Idea: Fake Smash Crystals

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Puppet On A String, Dec 5, 2018.

?

Should Fake Smash Crystals be added in?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. Puppet On A String

Puppet On A String

Hello!

In line with Super Smash Brothers Ultimate's fake smash crystal, I think Mineplex should add a fake smash crystal into SSM. There's a 15% chance that it will spawn instead of the actual one. It will appear in your inventory as a regular smash crystal. However, when it's used it explodes in the user's face doing 7 damage. Below you can see what the fake smash crystal will look like.

https://imgur.com/h82s047
    [​IMG]
    Regular Smash Crystal
    https://imgur.com/jTUNfuc
    [​IMG]
    Fake Smash Crystal

As you can see they fake smash crystal has a darker green color.

Thank you for reading. I am open to suggestions.

Posted Dec 5, 2018
  2. ImposterK

ImposterK

Ciao! Thanks for sharing your idea!

This idea is interesting; however, I’m not sure how well it would work. It would make smash crystals even more unbalanced and might scare people into not getting them. Experienced players that can tell when there is a fake crystal will know not to get it which will give them an unnecessary advantage to new players. When players obtain a crystal, they should be rewarded for it and not worry about randomly being punished. Instead of punishing the player, I recommend that the smash crystal gives the player with it something useful like Resistance, Speed, and Strength. Although this wouldn’t be better than a smash crystal, it still would help.

Thanks again for sharing! I hope I was able to help. If you have any questions about my response, don’t be scared to ask!

Posted Dec 5, 2018
  3. Fall

Fall

But why.

Posted Dec 5, 2018
  4. Puppet On A String

Puppet On A String

Maybe it can stay the same color so you don't know if its a fake or not.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 5, 2018
  5. Sam ♡

Sam ♡

how about just removing crystals

Posted Dec 5, 2018
    Jam likes this.
  6. Zipppo

Zipppo

Hello!
    So overall I don't think it would be a great idea - but I see where you're coming from with it. It would definitely confuse a lot of players and lead to some people not wanting to use it. Not knowing why you've just taken lots of damage seemingly out of no where wouldn't make sense.

If it were to not be distinguishable between the actual crystal, I doubt many people would go for it. It's often used to escape others so taking that risk wouldn't be worth it in many cases. If there was a difference in the colour of the beacons then you could easily be able to identify between the real and fake crystals, which would make the feature pointless.

There's already a split between opinions with the smash crystal, many are against it as a whole. I'm interested to see what everyone else thinks though, thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Dec 5, 2018
  7. Vocaloiid

Vocaloiid

Considering most are against smash crystals in general, I'd say I'magainst it. Also just more confusing than anything

Posted Dec 5, 2018
  8. Jam

Jam

Yea can we just like not... And you know remove them like what the majority of people wants thanks :ok_hand:

Posted Dec 5, 2018
    Sam ♡ likes this.
  9. CourierID

CourierID

This just seems confusing for new players.

Like I understand what you are getting at, it is like those fake item blocks from Mario Kart. But for one this slight colour change isn't enough to really distinguish the two. Most people hate smash crystals to begin with so adding another variant won't exactly make people the happiest.

Posted Dec 5, 2018
  10. coralines

coralines

I feel like this is something people would consider funny at first, but annoying every time after that. And that’s for people knowing about the difference. New players or people just not aware of a similar change would be extremely confused, and might stop playing the game for that reason.
    I agree with the idea of witnessing some sort of changes with smash crystals, but not like this to be honest...

Posted Dec 8, 2018 at 6:51 AM
  11. Marzie

Marzie

I personally don't think having another factor to smash crystals is the right way to go. I get that it would probably make a game go faster/throw another element at them, but crystals are very unpopular as it is and this just seems like something that will further upset the SSM community. Also from my knowledge, wouldn't you have to use the crystal/die in order for it to even be gone from your inventory? That seems so rigged and just random at that point vs actually pvping/fighting normally with no random chance involved.

Posted Dec 8, 2018 at 7:51 AM
  12. Crash

Crash

Good lord, no

This would feel super unfun to deal with, and randomness in it being a fake or real smash crystal would not be something people would want.

Even if you change the color, all that does is makes it so that players who dont know the difference will still fall for it consistently, but more experienced players will not

Posted Dec 8, 2018 at 9:51 AM
  13. ole

ole

LOOOOL honestly that'd be amazing up until i played the game myself

Posted Dec 8, 2018 at 9:51 AM
  14. Waspter

Waspter

I don't think this would be a good idea mainly because that would pretty much ruin smash crystals overall - you are supposed to get a big buff from it, so taking that away and replacing it with damage to yourself will be like giving a cake to a kid, but instead of giving, you just throw it on the ground (yes, good analogy I know). What I'm trying to say that it isn't a good idea, especially for the newer players who think that "wow, I finally found a Smash Crystal!", then they suddenly take damage for no apparent reason. I also see that a lot of people agree that Smash Crystals should be removed altogether, and while I do partially agree with it, I don't think they should be completely removed; maybe just rework it to make it a bit more fun inducing.

Posted Dec 9, 2018 at 2:10 PM