• 2134 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10572 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion SSM: Husk

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by CupAWup, Aug 12, 2019.

1. I am not trying to bypass Excessive Bumping. Around 5 mins ago, there was a thread but I accidentally made it in New Game discussion. I deleted it and moved it to here. Most of you will probably not believe me and think I tried to make an excuse to cover excessive bumping and I can understand that.

This costs 7000 gems

Stats:
    Double click space bar to double jump
    You get a full set of chainmail armor
    100% KB dealt and 150% given
    You do 6 damage with an Iron Sword.

Abilities:

Passive: Cursed
    If anyone hits you and you’re below 3 hearts, they will have Poison 1 for 3 second.

Weapon abilities:

Falling Sand (Iron axe):
    If you right click your axe, 2 blocks in front of you will fall a 5x5 square of sand. This ability cooldown is 10 seconds.

Scorpion Sting (Iron sword):
    Sting someone with an arrow and give them Poison 1 for 5 seconds. Cool down of this ability is 3 seconds.

Sand Pole:
    Pile straight up 10 blocks using sand (the sand falls and disappears after 10 seconds of placing it).

Smash crystal: Sandstorm
    Create a piling sand storm that piles 2 blocks every 2 seconds and works for 20 seconds.

Posted Aug 12, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 13, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  2. Seems balanced. Armor may be a bit strong.

Posted Aug 12, 2019
    CupAWup likes this.
  3. I believe after working out some kinks in the idea this would have a possibility to be added. My only problem with the kit is that the husk was added in 1.10 and my preferred version is 1.8.9. I would not like to have to move up to 1.10 in order to play super smash mobs nor would I like to download a resource pack.

Posted Aug 12, 2019
    Omegza likes this.
  4. The inherent problem with a kit like this is that husk is a 1.9+ mod and therefore won't be added until if/when Mineplex updates to a later version. We don't want to add 1.9+ kits/games because around half (if not more) of the playerbase is on 1.8.

Posted Aug 12, 2019
  5. But husk does not let anyone in 1.8 or 1.9 play ssm then, right? Lol didn't mean to post same thing 3 times in a row we all did that at same time xD

Posted Aug 12, 2019
    PapiKirito likes this.
  6. Maybe there can be leather dyed armor instead of the actual mob?

@PapiKirito ^^

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 12, 2019
  7. I mean, I'm not actually against that, but I think a lot of people would think it looks weird when all of the kits are the actual mob and then there is just one with dyed armor.

Posted Aug 12, 2019
  8. That is true... I mean all other kits are mobs

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 12, 2019
  9. I would increase knockback received.

Blindness is known to be very annoying in any pvp style game. So I’m not sure about receiving blindness every time you hit the user under those circumstances.

First ability seems even more annoying, depending on the stats of the ability. It doesn't seem like a very fun ability to play against.

Is the second ability like Needler? Does it only shoot one arrow? You’ll need to elaborate on how it works. 4 true damage every 3 seconds might be u balanced.

Finally, this kit has no recovery, making this kit utterly useless.

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  10. Not really sure about this idea, especially since we already have more than enough kits in SSM. To be honest, having another kit sounds like a great idea at first, but it really isn't necessary at all. If you look more in depth we already have 2 achievement kits so I'm not sure adding another kit will really make matters better. Also, this kit also is only available for people 1.9+ if I am not mistaken, meaning it will be impossible to add as Mineplex supports from 1.8 to 1.14.4 the the mob only exist within the 1.9 gamemode.

As PapiKirto stated, this will just make the mob look weird, and after all, if we are going at add a mob, I think we should add the actual mob (even though in this case it is generally impossible). Adding a modified version of the mob would just ruin the purpose of the game as it isn't really a mob we are dealing with, it's more of a leather armor dyed looking..thing.

If you have a question about what I have just stated, feel free to reply / quote this post
    Have a nice day!
    ~BasicT

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  11. I may delete this thread due to version issue actually. And @leo_thya, I added a recovery ability and the second ability only uses 1 arrow.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 13, 2019