• 371 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8809 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion SSM | Horse Kit

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by Nullfix, Sep 20, 2019.

?

What do you think of the kit?

1. I like it.

27.3%
  2. I like it, but a few more changes are needed.

72.7%
  3. Hate it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. The Horse would be a kit in Super Smash Mobs. It would be a purchasable kit for 10,000 gems, making it the highest costing kit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stats
    Armor: 6.0 (Above Average) (Full Chainmail Armor)
    Damage: 6.0 (Above Average)
    Knock-back Taken: 140% (Semi-Heavyweight)
    Health Regeneration: 0.5 (Fastest)
    Double Jump: Normal+ (Skeletal Horse)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moveset

Horse is equipped with a Sword, a Spade, and a Compass.

Sword Move - Leashed Hay Ranged [​IMG], Recovery [​IMG]

Horse's first recovery move. Right Click/hold the Sword to charge Leashed Hay, with a total charge time of 3 seconds, which will decide the velocity, distance and damage of the projectile. If you miss a player, you will be pulled towards the landing spot of the Leashed Hay. This is similar to Roped Arrow. Shall you strike an enemy, and they will be given moderate damage and knockback, while you'll gain the Speed II effect for 3 seconds. You cannot use Leashed Hay while being airborne.
    Cooldown: 6 Seconds

Spade Move - Bale Trap Ranged [​IMG], Recovery [​IMG]

Horse's second ranged and recovery move. Right Click the Spade in order to drop a Hay Bale block, which would then be placed to the surface it interacted if. 3.5 seconds after it's been placed, the Hay Bale block would explode to wheat items, which will give enemies low damage upon interaction (similar to Sky Squid's Fish Flurry). Upon dropping the hay bale on someone, if interacted with them, it will explode right in their face (damage depends on the amount of wheat interacted with the enemy). The move would also slightly push back the user.
    Cooldown: 15 Seconds

Passive Ability - ???
    ??? [​IMG]

Receive Speed II when you're under 6 HP.

Smash Ability - Glacial Steed Smash[​IMG], Movement [​IMG]

Glacial Steed
    Right Click the Nether Star transform into a white-coloured horse to start speeding forward, covering areas around you in snow, which will make enemies unable to double jump, and take less 50% knockback. The snow radius will be 5 blocks and will last 20 seconds. This attack is similar to Bone Rush, however, since the ability does no damage the opponents, you are faster.

Posted Sep 20, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 21, 2019
  2. I like it! It's a very creative idea that Mineplex should consider to add to SSM!

Posted Sep 20, 2019
    Nullfix likes this.
  3. Seems almost OP with those base stats and abilities as is, I don't think it needs/should have a passive. Also think it should be a gem kit, we don't need 3 achievement kits. Maybe a few tweaks here and there, but I like the idea.

Posted Sep 20, 2019
    Nullfix likes this.
  4. Thanks for the criticism! May I have your view on the things that are needed to be changed in more detail? Thanks!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 20, 2019
  5. Thread Moved to New Kit Discussion

I have no thoughts on this kit.

Posted Sep 20, 2019
  6. As of now all I can offer is that I don't think recharge on hit is a good idea. It's barley balanced with chicken just because how crappy the kit is otherwise, but with a kit with solid base stats like this one I think it will become pretty abusive. That said, I think it looks great but should be thoroughly tested for balance before being implemented.

Posted Sep 20, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 21, 2019
    Nullfix likes this.
  7. Notes were taken, thanks for sharing your opinion!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 21, 2019
  8. SSM, (Super Smash Mobs) as now now does have quite a selection of kits. Firstly I would like to mention that there's already a similiar kit in SSM which is the Skeletal Horse kit, I do feel like adding another similiar kit to this would just be unecessary and that Mineplex should focuse on other kits that are not similiar to eachother, this is just my personal opinion. To be honest I don't think that another acheivement kit should be added, I've stated this in a similiar SSM thread and due to there being 2 kits already adding another kit would just be excessive. Most gamemodes only have 1 acheivement kit. Also due to the 'Area 51' gamemode being released it was pretty broken with the ammount of gems and shards each game. Due to the large ammount of gems people were getting it would be no problem for people to buy the horse kit straight off the bat, personally I've got 200k gems from the area 51 gamemode. Even though I don't really reccomend the addition of this kit it's still a pretty interesting idea, I'd love to see some more suggestions from you soon!

Posted Sep 21, 2019
    Nullfix likes this.
  9. Thank you for the honest critique!

The reason I suggested this kit is to make use of the last remaining mobs we could play in SSM.
    Aside from similar base stats, I'd like you to tell me more about why you think this kit is similar to Skeletal Horse.

Have a good one!

OP OP
    TheProTroller likes this.
  10. Hmm...
    Tour idea almost great, but it need some changes.
    I think it shouldn't be achievement kit.
    We have now two achievement kits, when most of other games have only one.
    Better make it 7000 gems cost.

I like first ability, but I think second ability need be more balanced.
    Seconds ability shouldn't have restore, it makes it annoying spam in game.
    We could remake second.

When horse getting under 3 hearts, it takes speed 3 effect for 5 seconds.
    Cooldown 12 seconds.

--- Post updated ---
    Yeah, we have skeleton horse, making mostly similar moves isn't right.
    --- Post updated ---
    As TheProTroller said,adding horse have non sense
    But I enjoyed reading your post.
    You should find some sorts of mobs which exotic and in support 1.8 version.Its increase your chance to accept your idea.
    Like those two posts:
    First:https://www.mineplex.com/threads/introducing-silverfish-kit.72913/
    Second:https://www.mineplex.com/threads/introducing-cave-spider-kit.73224/
    Have a nice day.
    :)

Posted Sep 21, 2019
    Nullfix likes this.
  11. Obviously the Skeleton horse kit is pretty similiar to the horse kit in looks, it's the same body shape as the horse it's just textured differently, to be honest I wouldn't want to have 2 horses in my SSM game, also if it's an acheivement kit why can you buy it for 10k gems? It doesn't even make it an acheivement then.....
    I do praise you for making some unique abilities for the 'horse' kit that you've suggested though I still think they're pretty alike. The hitbox is the same, basically has the same armour as the skeletal horse, for some reason you made it so the 'horse' kit is weaker than the skeleton horse. The skeleton horse has iron boots and full chanmail whereas you just went with full chainmail.

Same knockback taken when hit and it does have the same regen speed as the skeletal horse. You kind of made the 'red flag' ability pretty similar to the 'bone storm' ability that the skeleton horse has, (when it shoots forward at high speed while shooting out deadly bones).

For some reason you've decided not to add the passive ability to the 'horse' kit but your still open to suggestions. The skeleton horse kit's passive ability is to drop a bone when hit and the bone has mediocre KB. Not sure what your really going to do when you've made up your mind on the horse's passive ability.
    I'd love to see some more of this and hear more about this kit or others. If you want to continue with this conversation I'd reccomend that you just PM me. :)

Posted Sep 21, 2019
    Nullfix likes this.
  12. Problems addressed, thanks for sharing your opinion on the matter!
    --- Post updated ---
    Noted, thanks for sharing your opinion!

OP OP
  13. Why is everyone here mostly worried about gem prices? I'm gonna be quite honest, this is a pretty overpowered kit overall, but an underwhelming one in terms of skills. The stats are absolutely ripped and insane, but the abilities are weird. I think this is the sort of kit that would break the game (in terms of stats), it wouldn't take much to pick up this kit and dominate game after game with just the insane stats alone (really like that you added the simplification of the stats, good for you on that part). You would sustain for a long time, giving you the ability to melee for quite a while without hurting too much.

The regen is gonna need a fat nerf. Creeper is the highest regen in game, 0.4 hearts a second. That already causes enough controversy by itself, 0.5 wouldn't make people very happy, especially with other high stats in other areas as well, such as the defense. With a regen that high, the armor is going to have to be extremely low in my opinion, and even that is bad. Little armor can mean getting 2-tapped or equivalent, regen won't help that much. But playing defensively in any given case will make that regen matter a whole lot more. To put this regen in perspective, it's faster than vanilla 1.8 regen. High defense makes this kit tanky, and that's what we're dealing with here. Double jump also only comes in three types: normal, directional, and "slime" jump. I don't have any opinions on attack and kb taken, the regen and defense is high enough to be considered overpowered.

Leashed Hay is pretty alright. It's just a block toss clone with the roped arrow functionality. I hope it doesn't deal too much damage. In addition, I think this would make it tough to make for a good recovery. It's based on if the hay bale lands or not. It more or less reminds me of the ender pearl in vanilla. In addition, why is there a restriction of being unable to use it while in air? That makes the ability itself confused with it's own purpose. It's meant to be a recovery but you can't be in the air? If you're recovering, you're going to be in the air. I think you may have to rethink this skill in general.

Bale Trap is underwhelming. It's a wool mine clone, less of a fish flurry one. First question: What do you mean "activated when interacted with"? Anyways, 3.5 seconds is a really long time in game, this trap isn't stopping anyone. I can only see it being used to plant mines prematurely in order to use later in the game as ways to add slightly more damage and annoyance to the opponent. But that itself makes it a difficult skill to use on it's own, I don't think that would make the kit fun to use. In addition, what do you mean by "slightly push back the user"? This is pretty unclear, I can imagine each explosion pushing the user away from where they're facing, that's no fun either. This trap would be hindering you more than your enemy. Finally, you categorized this as a recovery move, but I don't see how this can be used as a recovery move at all, it doesn't provide any beneficial mobility. You might want to rethink this one as well.

I'm mixed on the passive. Its strong in the pvp aspect, pulling off combos would be light work. However, it would also be difficult to even activate this passive at all, since your regen is just haywire (pun not intended). It's an overpowered passive in the sense that it's speed 2 (lots of mobility), but the health restriction makes it harder to judge. Rethink this one too.

Smash - I don't really care enough about them, smashes are overpowered/underpowered and everything in between. Don't like them, probably never will.

I think you're pretty confused when you made this kit. Nothing seems to work together to make this kit seem promising. Other kits in SSM have clear distinct ways that all tie in together, such as Guardian (Whirlpool axe, target laser, then pvp, for example), or wolf (ravage and wolf tackle both enhances the user's pvp damage). I think understanding what you want this kit to become is something you want to think about first before resubmitting this idea (if you choose to at least). Once you have that in mind, it shouldn't be too difficult to build everything else off of that. In the end, it's good to be creative, but you must also understand your purpose.

I appreciate you took time out of your day to make a kit idea though!

Posted Oct 8, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  14. IMO horse, skeletal horse, and zombie horse look different enough but maybe a donkey kit would be more unique

Posted Oct 8, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  15. Hey there!
    I like the kit as a whole, so good job with the planning. One thing that concerns me is that you said that the stats are above average for the majority of the stats, and I feel like that could become a problem potentially with being overpowered (maybe not as I’m not extremely knowledgable in SSM but I thought I should mention it). As for the kits, I don’t have much to say, they seem fine to me. All in all good idea, have a good day!

Posted Oct 10, 2019 at 7:09 AM