• 3430 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12577 Players Online
  • 9147 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

SSM crystals need change!

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by ___TacoCat___, Nov 3, 2018.

?

Should Smash Crystals Get Removed?

This poll will close on Nov 3, 2028 at 8:53 AM.
  1. Ye

2. Nu

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Meow to everyone.
    I heard many people's opinion to remove crystals.
    And first, I thought "This is stupid, why change it?"
    But as I play though now, I agree that we need to remove it.
    Because for reasons like most of campers hide and when crystal appears they snatch it and kill everyone.
    The crystal is really bad in my case, because I don't have such a good computer and when the crystal appears, my game stops or even crashes sometimes! (because of the firework particles.) So, I say we remove the crystal or make it less lag-y. Or less over powered perhaps. (abilities like Phoenix, Bone-rush, Earthquake, and etc.)
    I know if you remove the crystals it is going to be less fun for some of you.
    But in my opinion, we still can have fun without the crystals.

Posted Nov 3, 2018
    Lila likes this.
  2. Hi Taco!
    I agree that something had to be changed with smash crystals. In my opinion, they should either be removed or have the power of the crystals be evened out/ greatly weakened.

Posted Nov 3, 2018
  3. I agree that smash crystals are too OVERPOWERED, but they can make ot just to not heal user.Because if user dies smash stops too, so just make it don't heal and it should be ok.

Posted Nov 3, 2018
  4. Hey, I don't really agree with removing it because I do think it's a pretty cool part of the game. About your laggy computer, you could always try turning down settings (more specifically particles) so that it won't affect you as much. I'm open to hearing some changes about the abilities if you can go into specifics about what changes you'd like to see.

Posted Nov 3, 2018
  5. I would make blaze like this:
    Instead of phoenix just make it doing same as fire kit in skywars, just make it has better range and it can deal 4 hearts to everyone in it's range.
    Golem:
    Earthquake should just send enemies flying in the air and it would deal 2-3 hearts because it has unlimited range and it's free kit.
    That is something what i think is not missable.
    But there are bad smash's like skeletons cos you can dodge it easly..

Posted Nov 3, 2018
  6. I don't think smash crystals should be removed from the game as it would make the game less fun to play as like @DiamondBudderAxe said it's one the coolest parts of the game. Though I do agree that some smash crystals need to be nerfed.
    This shouldn't be a reason why smash crystals should be removed.

Posted Nov 3, 2018
  7. Hey! Personally I don't feel that smash crystals should be removed entirely. The game originally didn't have them, and I think they really do make the game overall much more enjoyable. I think the concept of of smash crystals themselves are fine. However, I do feel that some ultimates are significantly stronger than others. It's been a while since I've played SSM, but for example I feel that the Slime has a pretty strong ultimate (Complete AOE) compared to something like the skeleton's. I don't think smash crystals themselves need to be removed, but I could see potential balance patches regarding each class's ultimate.

Posted Nov 3, 2018
  8. Don't worry, they're either getting removed or heavily nerfed next update.

Posted Nov 3, 2018
  9. Better question, when is new update coming?

Posted Nov 3, 2018
  10. Should we focus more on buffing them to the same level, nerfing them to the same level, or meeting in the middle? For Golem, I don't think that just because it's a free kit it means it has to get nerfed (I got the feeling that was the only reason you wanted to see it nerfed, let me know if it wasn't).

Posted Nov 4, 2018
  11. SSMGI and the comp community are leaning to the removing side, more due to crystals being overpowered and a cheap way to kill your opponent. Also, it slightly encourages camping by only coming down to fight when the crystal lands.

Posted Nov 4, 2018
    DiamondBudderAxe and Wiz like this.
  12. I just think that Golem's smash is too overpowered, nothing more.And i would like to see smashes nerfed, becuase it won't affect game too much.

Posted Nov 5, 2018
  13. Hey! I just wanted to call out every person who did not prefer to remove smash crystals in this pole. But I'm going to do it systemically and really break this down so that everyone understands why they should want these abominable crystals removed

Lets start off with a premise: We should try to do the right thing. Yes? If you answered yes, then you've agreed to the premise. So how do we go about determining what is the right thing? One suggestion is to look at what is just; Justice. Broadly speaking, to do the just thing, or to perform the just action, the action that is the most good is taken. To determine what is just, a lot of things need to be considered, such as "what is my situation" and "can I empirically support my actions in future scenarios?"

So far the "right thing" has been equated to performing the just action. Lets bring this all a bit back down to earth. I'm going to give a scenario. Say that there is a battle among four players in SSM. Lets say that each player has a number of lives, ranging from 0 to 4. At least two players are alive. A smash crystal appears and the players notice this.
    >A few things have already taken place. The game has not been disrupted by default, but it definitely has the potential to be disrupted. What I mean by this is that while the players are not obligated by some law to act with respect to the Smash crystal, they may still be inclined to. Essentially, the game is at a crossroads of whether or not the smash crystal will impact the game.
    1=>If the smash crystal does not impact the game, play continues as it was.
    2=>But, if the smash crystal does impact the game, then the state of the game changes with respect to the addition of the crystal. This is a fact as simple as A=A.

So here is where the important question gets asked: Which of the options, one or two, is the most Just? They include all possible outcomes (the game either will or will not be effected by the addition of smash crystals). Since all options are defined to an extent, it is fair to ask questions with exclusivity towards them. In the first set of instances, the smash crystal does not effect the game state. The status quo (the kits, the map, their abilities, players' states of mind, all other factors, including their differentials) is maintained. So, the factors that determine the winner of this construct, a Match, are: Mechanical Skill, Positioning, Kit selection, Experience, etc.

Interestingly, the factors that contribute to victory in the first circumstance also contribute to victory in the second circumstance. However, in the second circumstance, a smash crystal, in addition to the previously mentioned factors, also plays a role in determining victory. And, knowing that all combined, the percent that each trait adds to victory should be adding up to 100%, then, by its very nature, the smash crystal reduces the effect of those previous factors on victory and increases its own effect on victory.

You will notice that while some traits such as Mechanical skill or Positioning are traits that tend to reflect talent, while kit selection does not exclusively reflect talent. That is a fair point to note. However, something like kit selection cannot be reasonably regulated without an excessively oppressive relationship between game rules and player interactions. While kit selection is not necessarily "fair" or "just" its reasonable to say that in order for the game to have diversity, then different power levels of kits should be allowed. And, factors like kit imbalance play a role in any scenario of SSM, with or without smash crystals.

However, smash crystals themselves only appear on one side of the equation, and they are unquestionably an imbalanced part of the game. In addition, unless the crystals are literally removed by developers, there is no way to remove their effects besides totally ignoring them. By using or even simply interacting with smash crystals, an element of the game that exclusively diminishes the impact of skill and talent is being rewarded. This makes the game more based on, well, random game elements than actual skill, given enough time has elapsed.

So lets return to the original premise which I assume you agree with. Of these now well examined scenarios, which is more fair? That a group of players does, or does not, interact with smash crystals? It is exceedingly clear that smash crystals introduce a condition that contributes to the victory of one player over others on a basis that is very little dependent on skill. One more object needs to be looked at for this case to be airtight.
    >Why should players care about fairness? Well, if you are entering into a contest of sorts, and you see that it is in many ways a gamble who wins that contest, then you might feel helpless to some extent in whether or not you can meaningfully effect the result of the contest. Players who want to INTERACT WITH THE GAME IN A MEANINGFUL WAY want to make it so that there is a stable criteria, skill, which tends to be the deciding factor in the result of a match. If players get satisfaction out of rng, that's great, and I would suggest investing in a COIN so that you can flip it and be filled with dopamine every time it lands on the side of your choice. But because most people don't feel that way about this game, SSM, and about life in general, then that is substantial proof that fairness matters here.
    SO, in conclusion, remove the smash crystals. There's lots more scenarios that I didn't even discuss here because of time limitations, and do you know what? All of them have the same answer. Because I chose literally the most general situation imaginable to pick apart. If you disagree, I would like to know why and where.

Posted Nov 5, 2018
  14. I completely agree!

Posted Nov 5, 2018
  15. I think that Smash Crystals in SSM are slightly overpowered, but I do not think they should be removed for they give a new aspect to gameplay and keep it non repetitive.

Posted Nov 10, 2018
  16. Jam
    x

Crystals are the same tho. They don't change so how do they keep the game non repetitive. It's the same thing every round, one spawns someone grabs it and they use it and people lose lives ez

:are_you_serious_hand:

Posted Nov 10, 2018