• 1795 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4374 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

SSM Combos

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by NoHacksJustGavin, Nov 11, 2019.

?

Should there be combos in SSM

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. Needs Adjustments

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. No

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. I still think you should nerf everything that is unbalanced

Posted Nov 13, 2019
  2. I did. Every move that you suggested a balance has now been adjusted. I'm serious.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 13, 2019
    pokyvessel52506 likes this.
  3. You do realize that everyone can see your stats. The stats show you’ve played 200 something games not 2000. Not that it’s necessarily a bad thing to play less but these ideas would simply break the game.

The community is not looking for a radical change to how the game is played. We just want to balance the kits and to remove smash crystals

Posted Nov 13, 2019
    Task, Sam ♡, Mitchy and 1 other person like this.
  4. Well I'm going to thumbs down the fact that smash crystals should be removed because smash crystals are the reason why the game is called SSM, and they speed up the game by empowering the player, so I suggest that they should appear every 3 minutes.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 13, 2019
  5. That is literally not true at all. The name of the game was not based on smash crystals.

Posted Nov 13, 2019

6. The fact that you cant answer these questions correctly and dont know the basis of the game despite how many games you have played articulates my point better than I could.

Posted Nov 14, 2019
    Sam ♡, KarmaCallama and Mitchy like this.
  7. "Empowering" id like an explanation on that one lol. Also smash crystals weren't even added until 2 years after the game was released

Posted Nov 14, 2019
  8. How about I give you three examples of empowering:
    1. Infinite flight
    2. Halved cool-downs
    3. Faster energy refill
    --- Post updated ---
    Then what's the game based on?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 14, 2019
  9. Super Smash Bros??? xD

Posted Nov 14, 2019
  10. Super smash bros players don't use smashes in competitive play. Same goes for here. Good players don't use smashes against each other as they are extremely broken. Games should end naturally.

Posted Nov 14, 2019
  11. Pretty sure if you get a cps in the double digits and use wolf kit, you have a combo

Posted Nov 14, 2019
    Task likes this.
  12. You would have to tap sneak twice after activating ravage to activate the wolf's combo.
    --- Post updated ---
    By the way, Super Smash Bros Brawl does include smashes, but they are called final smashes.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 17, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  13. Yes... that's where the concept of smash crystals in SSM came from, but SSM as a whole is based on Super Smash Bros, not just the Smash Crystal / Final Smash / Smash Ball

Posted Nov 18, 2019
  14. Hello!

I commend you for putting your idea here, on the forums, with so much effort! I think that these combos could be the next big thing for SSM. I think that adding all these combos for each mob is incredible. I would love to see these in-game. These would definitely add twists and turns to the game. I think this idea has a lot of potential to become something better than it already is. I know that it is a lot to take in; however, this idea could keep growing on itself. Maybe there could be different kinds of combos, or maybe you have to unlock combos. In the end, I think this idea would create a great addition to SSM!

Posted Nov 18, 2019
  15. It would not be a great addition as it will only make balancing SSM harder, and with limited dev time, it literally is not possible. We haven’t gotten an update in over a year and this is definitely not a priority.

Posted Nov 18, 2019
    Crash, Mitchy and Jaekub like this.
  16. If SSM didn't update, then it wouldn't be popular, so that's why it should be updated.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 18, 2019
  17. It should be updated, but not with these "combos". And you're missing the point completely of what he was saying. Even if your idea would benefit ssm(which it doesn't) it won't get updated because the devs aren't updating the game. Yes, updates helped ssm get popular in the past, but mineplex has seemed to make it clear they don't view ssm as a priority and the game will die. A bug fix or balancing update is all we are asking for but even that is unlikely to ever occur again.

Posted Nov 18, 2019
    Mitchy and leo_thya like this.
  18. That's the point, but SSM hasn't been updated because it hasn't had much DEV time assigned to it, and a lot of DEV time is required just to create a prototype of what you are asking for. SSM doesn't have the DEV power to realistically add something like this, and it needs an update on other things that are a much higher priority than this already

This has been explained to you repeatedly, and we agree- updating would be good, but your suggestions for what a future update should be are not feasible and would not be a good addition to the game as a whole

Edit: If you are trolling you are doing it really well

Posted Nov 20, 2019
    Mitchy likes this.
  19. Well it's nice that there should be bug fixes, but it wouldn't matter how much dev time it would take to add combos to SSM. You do realize that harder work can grow the population of Mineplex, Right?
    Every game on there would always be a priority because if there was no update, then there is a chance that no one would play SSM anymore, and of course we don't want that to happen.
    For example, I was in an MPS playing with a streamer, named Secure_Ace, and he didn't like SSM Domination because there was no update to it. Since that minigame didn't update whatsoever, it was removed from Mineplex, and from MPS's.
    In conclusion, I have one more thing to say in this post, and it's 5 words long:

No update = low population

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 21, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 21, 2019
  20. I'm going to summarise what people have been saying while also adding my own stuff which will be in bold.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I. Yes, we desperately need an update. We are not denying that.
    _____A. No, combos are not a good update for SSM.
    __________1.) They are NOT balanced.

II. Yes, Super Smash Bros has Smash Balls/Finals.
    _____A. No, they are not used in competitive play/tournaments.

III. We need a different update. Not combos.
    _____A. The update we need is one that balances the classes out.
    _____B. The update we need is one that removes the Smash Crystals(SC)
    __________1.) They are too overpowered.
    __________2.) They prevent players from growing in skill.
    _______________a) They don't allow you to find new, useful strategies and tactics.
    _______________b) They don't allow you to become better at classic left click PvP.
    __________3.) They are not fun to fight against.
    __________4.) I've heard supporters of SC say they end the game faster. A better alternative would be a closing border like that in SG.
    _______________a) It ends the game faster like SC.
    _______________b) It forces the players to play carefully and with strategy. This grows their skill.
    _______________c) It is much more balanced.

IV. It takes too much development time.
    _____A. Mineplex doesn't have enough dev power.
    __________1.). A major change like this is simply too much to code.

Okay, I think this outline is done now.

Posted Nov 21, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 22, 2019