• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9781 Players Online
  • 6891 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

SSM Chicken Class

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by SpuddyBuddyy, Jul 26, 2020.

1. So I play a lot of SSM, and I see many people go the Chicken kit. In my opinion the kits cooldowns are wayyyyyyyyyy to low. Like someone can just spam 6 Chicken Missiles and kill someone instantly. There isn't enough cooldown for it. And it has so many jumps that getting away isn't even an issue. I get how weak the class is, but its cooldowns are way to low. Either decrease the damage or increase the cooldown timer.

Posted Jul 26, 2020
  2. In my opinion the chicken is actually one of the most balanced kits. It is nice and speedy, hard to hit, but when you do hit the chicken it takes a lot more damage than the other kits, because of its minimal armor. The cool downs on the chicken missile are pretty long, I think that it is like 6-10 seconds. BUT when you land one of your missiles, and hit a player, your chicken missile attack instantly recharges. The other ability, the egg blaster, is a decent attack but it is obviously not as good as the chicken missile ability.
    Over all I find that the chicken is a very gimmicky kit, it can be used very well and be a really good kit, but it can be taken down pretty fast. The cool down times for it’s ability’s are very fast, but I find that everything balances out in the end.
    Thank you so much for making this post SpuddyBuddy! I hope what I wrote has helped you out in some way.
    have a good day!

Posted Jul 26, 2020
  3. i personally as a chicken player think that chicken isnt op at all and like bluebadger said its at most balanced. the egg blaster isnt easy to aim and only does minimal damage and slows the opponent. since chicken is a kit that heavily relies on mobility you cant stand still to aim or else you might risk losing half your health or more to someone hitting you from behind, adding heavily to the difficulty of aiming. the chicken missile has a pretty long cooldown if you miss and if your opponent has decent evasion skills your only chance at doing damage is from closeby but out of melee range. due to the small hitbox of a chicken melee combat can be considered as an option but since for a lot of good players this is barely a problem the low armor forces you to draw back. the smash crystal ability is the worst of all. the only thing it does is heal you, allow you to double jump infinitely and shoot eggs. the double jumping and egg shooting dont fit together since if you double jump you can easily lose your hold on your opponent and a lot of kits have abilities that allow them to escape anyways. to fight chicken you either just have to keep your distance if youre a ranged kit like skeleton for example or force the chicken into close combat where kits like blaze have an advantage. some kits like creeper allow for both with for example the sulfur bomb which has decent range and a short cooldown or the explode ability, which when used right can deal a lot of damage.

Posted Jul 26, 2020
  4. I just find it too OP, atleast the missiles are. Theyre pretty direct and for them to not have a cooldown when they hit someone for the damage they do is kinda annoying.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 26, 2020
  5. Chicken isnt OP, it’s annoying. Unless you know how to deal with it, you’re gonna have a significantly harder time with killing a chicken over dealing with another kit.

Posted Jul 26, 2020
    afterfive likes this.
  6. Chicken is kinda weird. It's actually really bad but it's annoying to fight. Chicken missile only has a cooldown if you don't get hit by it so make sure you try extra hard to dodge missile. Otherwise it's an instant recharge. Just run as much as the chicken does and it should be pretty easy to dodge, also it's a slow moving attack so if you put some space between you and the chicken, then you should be able to dodge it easily. Also for most kits that you use against it, you won't wanna use your attacks until the chicken lands or is close enough to the ground. So just save them because the chicken has to land at some point. It only takes a couple hits to kill them if you don't let them escape.

If you're still having trouble with chicken, I would recommend using skeleton against it. Just get away from it and bow spam it. The arrow barrage will help a lot. Or you can try using blaze or horse. Or even iron golem even though it takes more time to be good enough at it. There's actually a lot of things that can do well against chicken. But the main thing is to practice and be patient. Some chickens take a long time to kill.

Posted Jul 27, 2020