• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6156 Players Online
  • 3266 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

SSM - Buffs and Nerfs

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Jacob1Jacob2, Jul 26, 2020.

?

Would you rather

1. Get banned from every server execpt Mineplex

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Only get banned on Mineplex

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Here's a list of kits in SSM that need to be buffed or nerfed.

Squid Nerf: Super squid shouldn't make you invincible because squids can easily combo you and avoid abilities making it hard to kill. Squids can easily use this to their advantage by attacking a player, and when he uses his second ability, and can completely take no damage from it and continue comboing until dead.

Creeper Nerf: Creeper is broken with its fast Regan and lighting shield. All a creeper has to do when he's low is run and will heal back to full health in under 30 seconds. Lower the regan to 2.5 and lighting shield so it doesnt last as long. This makes melee kits impossible to fight a creeper.

Snowman Buff: Snowman is a garbage kit. Make it so snowballs actually do damage, and to prevent spam, add a cooldown and get rid of the experience bar. The snowballs can be like a shotgun. Ice bridge needs to have a way to deal damage, maybe weakness if a player stands on it.

Zombie Nerf: Arrows deal too much damage like holy crap 2 hits kill me. Arrow Velocity and damage should be lowered. Spew Bile should be buffed cus its pretty useless but the arrows need a nerf especaly people with good aim can kill you in 5 seconds or less.

Cow Buff: Lower Primary attack cooldown. It takes forever for it to charge back again that its considered a low tier kit now. Change it so cows and actually combo people and not have to run waiting for it to charge.

Pig Buff: Bouncy Bacon uses too much energy where you can only use like 5 before you run out of energy, sure pigman form makes it better, but your praticly dead at that point. Make Bouncy Bacon use less energy and pigman should have a bit more armor so it doenst die in 2 hits.

Smash Nerfs:

Enderman Nerf:
    Dragon lasts too long and can easily win 1v1s

Witch Nerf: Does too much damage and knockback

Zombie Buff: Make the zombies give you extra hearts if they hit a player

Skeletal Horse Nerf: I dont even need to explain for this one.

Pig Buff: Players can easily run away from it and is useless give at least speed 4

Blaze Nerf: Lasts too long and no chance of surviving it

Chicken Buff: Change it to infinite missiles not eggs its so useless

Smash Changes:

-Fix bug where having 2 smashes don't work.

-Make it so when you use a smash, your health doesn't refill so it doesn't become broken

-Make the smash crystal appear randomly instead of the dramatic spawn so noobs can have a chance of actually getting it.

Game Changes:

-Fix glitch where your kits mix after using a smash and the game ending

-Replace teams with 1v1 mods because teams are dumb and 1v1s is what everyone wants

-Ability to vote for smash crystal

-Add a tutorial for new players

-Replace auto end with players hunger getting drained faster

New Gamemode!

This will be a different mode for SSM. instead of you having lives, you will have a percentage like in the real game. The percentage will be over the player's head, and the higher it is, the more knockback you take. In this mode, everyone only has 2 lives to prevent it from being too long. If your percentage gets to 500%, you'll be killed instantly to prevent exploiters. Big maps can only be used in this mode because knockback will send you pretty far like in the original. This is where new kits should be added to add more variety to the game. SSM deserves to have its own server its Mineplex's best game. Which means they should actually update it its been many years.

Posted Jul 26, 2020
    _NameTag_ and Legend998 like this.
  2. I definitely agree with most of the Nerfs and buffs especially for Snowman.

Witch I think is one of the underpowered kits. It should stay the same or can be buffed.

Posted Jul 26, 2020
  3. I personally think all the final smashes should get removed entirely

Posted Jul 26, 2020
    aaawesome likes this.
  4. This is a really good idea!

Posted Jul 26, 2020
  5. Hey there! I noticed this is another SSM thread regarding buffs & nerfs.
    I hope you wouldn't mind me kindly pointing you in the direction of the following feeds so that your voice may actually be heard!

SSM Game Insights Suggestion Form Here
    SSM Feed with more info from SSMGI Member @Niervaco Here
    SSMGI Official Update Proposal (Submitted as of this being posted) Here
    Tell your friends and share these links around the forums!

Thanks,
    ~Hubble

Posted Jul 26, 2020
  6. I think milk spiral should hit more frequently instead of every half second, I always have some cases where milk spiral goes through players not damaging them

Posted Jul 26, 2020
  7. I kinda agree with this. Just making the sulphur bombs cooldown higher and removing the lightning shield would completely fix creeper in my opinion. The lightning shield makes some kits unusable, like skeleton. I mainly agree with the regen rate. It's a little too high.

Maybe lower the regen rate and increase the defense.

Good zombies players have amazing aim. Making it almost impossible to get close to them and by the time you are in fighting range, you're one hit away from dying. Just like you said, I would just lower the max damage an arrow can deal per shot.

I mainly use pig, and I do consider myself a decent pig player. I think the pig is fine just the way it is. Most of the time people tell me its "op" because you can spam the moves. The energy cost for both moves is fair and balanced since I don't think people would love to see a pig running at them at full speed shooting bacon everywhere(like when you use the smash).

The pigs smash is....ok. I usually just use it for the heal.

Posted Jul 26, 2020
    _NameTag_ likes this.
  8. Hello, thank you for taking the time to write this. I feel that issues like these are extremely important to the game and that they can't be stressed enough.

I'm about 50/50 on this one. While I do agree that yes, super squid can be annoying when a squid uses it at the right time, I also feel like many squids would just get shredded without it. Many kits also have more abilities at their disposal, so if one of them gets cancelled out by SS, then you can just wait until it's over before you use your second ability. Or another scenario is that the cooldown on a specific ability is lower than SS. So you can just use it again before SS has time to recharge. Like a creeper can use sulfur bomb 3 or 4 times before SS recharges.

Creeper is in my opinion one of the main issues in the whole game. I think that LS should be removed or the regen should be nerfed. I don't think that it needs LS AND the highest regen in the game. I also don't agree with sulfur bomb having such a short cooldown. It's way too deadly for how short the cooldown is and many creepers I see are able to run and spam and it is very hard to counterplay unless you're using a ranged kit.

I think that snowman needs a rework more than anything. The snowball thing is weak but annoying, and I feel like it shouldn't even be part of the game because it's basically useless unless a player gets hit with it when they're jumping over the void. I think that your fix for it would make snowman a better kit to use and way less annoying to play against. So win-win.

I mostly agree here, don't feel the need to discuss it in much detail.

As someone who uses cow as one of my mains, I really do not think that buffing it would be a good idea. Cow is actually already easy to do combos with especially when its passive is charged up. Angry Herd also does plenty of damage as well as pushing the players back a lot. So I think that cow is good how it is, although I think that its regeneration or armor should be nerfed a little.

I don't use pig too much and I don't see a lot of players who use it either. But when I do, I have some trouble against them because I feel like there is actually a lot of bacon spam but if you can dodge it then pig isn't so hard to kill. So I am going to trust @xEspe0n and say that pig is fine how it is.

For everything else, I feel like I don't need to go into much detail on it. I agree with the smash changes, but to be honest I don't think that smash should be here in the first place. I guess voting for it each game is as good as it's going to get but I personally hope that once the update happens, I never have to see it again. I'm not a huge fan of teams mode, but not of 1v1s mode either. But I know a lot of people are, so I guess I'm neutral to it. Also I'm neutral to the new game mode, but also leaning more towards not really wanting it. It seems like a great idea, but I don't think that SSM is popular enough for it yet. Whenever I'm online, I notice that SSM doesn't have more than 80 players at a time. So I feel that adding too many game modes will cause there to be less players on each individual one. Hope you can understand what I'm trying to say here. However, if SSM gets more players in total, then I would love to see this added!

Posted Jul 26, 2020
    xEspe0n likes this.
  9. Thread Moved to Game Alterations
    I don't have any opinions on the suggestions, but I wish you good luck.

Posted Jul 27, 2020