• 3355 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12434 Players Online
  • 9079 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Squid's Ink Shotgun

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by tbearawsomeman, Nov 19, 2018.

?

What suggestion do you think would fit best with Squid

1. Suggestion 1

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Suggestion 2

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  3. Suggestion 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Now we all know that squid's Ink Shotgun is/isn't op. The problem with squid's shotgun is that every time you hit someone, it doesn't seem to do that much mage/knockback, even when hitting all 7 pellets. Now I want to present a few ideas for how Squid's shotgun and squid in general, can be given new hope.

Suggestion 1: Ink Blindness: Whenever you hit 5 or more of your pellets, you will give your target blindness 1 for 0.5 seconds. The reason I suggest this is because it flows better overall with Ink Shotgun, and gives the Ink portion in the title a little more purpose.

Suggestion 2: Revert squid's Ink Shotgun damage to 2. Now I can already smell the comments saying that doing this would make squid too op, but hear me out. I fell that if we remove Fish Flurry, it can give Ink Shotgun more spotlight and give it a better purpose. If someone were to do this, it could benefit squid as well as make squid more offensive instead of defensive.

Suggestion 3: Give more knockback to Ink Shotgun. When I was browsing the SSM Basic Guide list, I saw that squid did 300% knockback with Ink Shotgun, but i'm assuming that as nerfed to be like 150% or so. I feel that if you keep Ink Shotgun's 1.725 damage per pellet, the knockback could help balance the kit.

I'm open to any feedback/suggestions!

-tbearawsomeman

Posted Nov 19, 2018
  2. Suggestion 1 - I mean, even with blindness you can still see in front of you. Considering Squid is a melee kit, I don't really see this as being useful, and more just annoying.

Suggestion 2 - What does giving a move more spotlight have to do with making a kit better. Fish Flurry is easily the worst ability in the game, so I don't see it taking Inkshots "spotlight". As for the 2 damage per pellet, I guess it could work

Suggestion 3 - I'm not even going to comment on why knocking your opponent away from you directly contradicts squid considering it's a melee orientated kit lol.

Jam is probably gonna plug his Tidal Wave Fish Flurry replacement idea here so.

Posted Nov 19, 2018
    _JPXFRD_ likes this.
  3. hmmmm
    --- Post updated ---
    Suggestion 2.

Posted Nov 24, 2018