• 1514 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9952 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Squid Siege

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by CupAWup, Aug 17, 2019.

1. So this is underwater, and you have permanent water breathing/Depth Strider 1. Also, they get night vision. There are squids in the water that you have to kill. There are 2 teams that have to kill squids though and the team that kills the most squids wins. The map can just be like underwater but with some decorations maybe.

Players also get iron swords. They also get arrows for shooting squids (With infinity enchant).

There can also be power points where u get strength (squids have 20 hearts)

Posted Aug 17, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 29, 2019
    NothinButNetYT and Yato like this.
  2. Interesting Idea
    +1

Posted Aug 17, 2019
    CupAWup likes this.
  3. Hey
    It's a cool concept, but it seems like it would get repetitive. Killing squids over and over would get boring very fast, especially if there's no other goal in the game. Because of that, I don't believe this game is suitable to be implemented.

However, I could see this, with a few alterations, being a nano game. Perhaps each player would get a sword that would one hit squids, and whichever team (or player, I'm not sure) has destroyed the most squids wins. It would be a short game of squid shooters with or without teams. Shortening this game as I suggested could help in solving the issue of boredom, but it may not.

Overall, I'm not supportive of this new game idea as it would get boring. The nano game edition might have potential, but I'm just throwing it out as an option for other people.
    Keep 'em coming!
    pancake

Posted Aug 17, 2019
  4. Yeah, i agree it should be a nano game and I added a sword and yeah, it may get boring just hitting squids. Maybe the squids should give blindness if they shoot ink to get away.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 21, 2019
  5. Maybe adding power ups? Or, different morphs? This is quite intriguing.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    CupAWup likes this.
  6. This feels like a Macro game to me personally, I like the concept of it, and how it is underwater. I'd love to see a game that incorporates underwater stuff because I do not really see that ever in games. This game idea needs a bit of work but overall I love the idea, +1.

~Thunderbelly.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    CupAWup likes this.
  7. Maybe the squids give poison 1 for 5 seconds when damaged? And a power point where you get enchanted armor maybe

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 22, 2019
  8. Seems like a pretty cool idea though as another user mentioned it would become pretty repetative. If there were more additions to it and different ways to play the gamemode it might be more interesting. Good job anways and good concept.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
    CupAWup likes this.
  9. This sounds like squid shooter, how would it be different besides the addition of teams? I think that it’s a decent idea, it’s just it would be similar to squid shooter. Also as mentioned it’d be pretty repetitive. Something underwater would be cool but maybe not featuring killing squids. All in all going to give this a -1, but thank you for sharing your idea!

Posted Aug 29, 2019
  10. Squid shooter's a nano game? Maybe squids give Poison 2 for 3 seconds if they shoot ink (And some blindness) and there can be power points where you get Strength one (Squids should have 20 hearts)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 29, 2019
  11. Squid Shooter is only accessible in MPS I believe.

Posted Aug 29, 2019
  12. Maybe a better attack would be a rod? Where each hit deals X damage?

Posted Aug 29, 2019
  13. Yes, I'm aware; the concept just reminds me of squid shooter. It would be easier I guess to make squid shooter playable as full game or maybe add it to NANO?

Posted Aug 29, 2019