• 771 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8102 Players Online
  • 7331 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Squid Shooter not in MIN: Intentional or Bug?

Discussion in 'Arcade Games' started by lmaoluke, Aug 30, 2020.

1. hi all,

when mineplex released their new queueing system last year, some additional games were added such as milk the cow, squid shooter, and tug of wool. as of now: milk the cow is playable in MIN lobbies, but not in its own MTC lobbies; squid shooter isn't playable in MIN lobbies and also isn't playable through its own SQSH lobbies; and tug of wool was removed completely (from MIN + its own lobbies).

while it is a known bug that various games' own lobbies do not work (including milk the cow, squid shooter, sneaky assassins, and wither assault), i still wonder why squid shooter mysteriously disappeared from the game rotation within MIN lobbies. i think it may be a bug since squid shooter follows directly after super spleef in the rotation; they can both be abbreviated to SS (though squid shooter is commonly referred to as SQSH), so this might have caused the bug. nevertheless, i'm tired of hypothesizing and want an official answer. ive seen this question asked numerous times in mineplex discord servers, but i haven't seen some sort of formal acknowledgement (*from a mineplex official!) that deciphers between it being intentional or a bug.

my question:
    was the removal of squid shooter in MIN lobbies intentional? or is it a bug?

regards,
    luke

Posted Aug 30, 2020
    JAKE///, Xukuwu and Kristo like this.
  2. squid shooter sucks imo so hopefully not

Posted Sep 12, 2020
  3. The data points might be broken, you can't submit maps for the game even though it's in MPS.
    The game wasn't very popular either from what I've heard.

Posted Sep 12, 2020
  4. I’ve been told that squid shooters is like super badly broken. So that’s the most likely reason

Posted Sep 12, 2020
    Young_Inventor likes this.
  5. Tug of Wool had a bug where the game wouldn't end after the timer was up, apparently the bug was so bad, that the game would need to be re-made, so they instead just removed it. Squid Shooter is intentionally not in the MIN lobbies, however I don not know the reason for it, but I believe it has something to do with bugs, or bad gameplay, considering it's a very old 2013 minigame.

Posted Sep 12, 2020