• 350 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5863 Players Online
  • 5513 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Splitting Generator Resources

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by saafl, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Hey,

I've played a lot of cakewars and I would love to see a system where you can split resources with a teammate after a lot has piled up on the generator. Its annoying to see the entire stack of bricks go to just one player and the other player gets none. Please leave feedback!

Posted Dec 28, 2020
    PlebAU, Sammie, MC_Of_Minium and 4 others like this.
  2. I pretty much wholeheartedly agree with this. It is so annoying when you get a random just sitting at the gen at the entire game wasting resources for the other three.

+1

Posted Dec 28, 2020
    C2MineCraft, Gil-galad and saafl like this.
  3. Thanks for the feedback!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 28, 2020
    ilyLegend likes this.
  4. so true.

it's so annoying when your just a second late to the gen and the other player gets like 33 emeralds and you get nothing. how do you propose we could make this happen though? like what method could we use? it would be weird to see when you get to the gen only half go to you, even when your the only person left after cake rot.

Posted Dec 29, 2020
    Kight and Paladise like this.
  5. Agreed. I think they should make it so that resources are given proportionally to members on the team and that if someone comes 1 tick late to the gen, the still get half of the resources. Wouldn’t that be nice?

Posted Jan 10, 2021
  6. they could increte items

Posted Jan 13, 2021
    C2MineCraft and Paladise like this.
  7. Agreed! Its really annoying when your teammate takes all your gen resources and falls into the void. Splitting gen will allow you both to get recourses

Posted Jan 27, 2021
  8. I agree with this! considering we have all had to wait for those bricks after them all being taken. I would love to see this go ahead

+1

Posted Feb 3, 2021
  9. heyo! :3

I agree with this! i believe that we have all be through a stage where we have had to wait a long while for those resources that have been stolen by a teammate that stubbles off of the edge!

have a wonderful day, you are loved
    Kehs <3

Posted Feb 6, 2021
    PlebAU and Jet Starglaze like this.
  10. Hey

My first thought was.. Why not share items by putting them in the chest? If you’re afraid of teammates hogging items, there’s not much you can do about that. First come first serve, you gotta either be on the generator to get resources or be the first in the generator to get the excess resources.

Sure, they can increase the overall resource drop rate, but what’s the point if someone’s hogging all the resources to begin with? I mean, if they’d like to have it automatically be given to everyone evenly when a single teammate gets on the gen, I don’t necessarily think that’s fair.
    Imagine chasing after someone who’s all leather, they go to an island with 2 bricks. The moment their teammate hits the gen after being off it on purpose their teammate gets bricks while running from not doing anything, allowing them to clutch buy full iron without having to wait on a gen. Same applies for emeralds.

I don’t think it’s a good idea, I feel like it’s part of the game to sit on the generator and gain resources and by evenly splitting everything automatically would create problems.

Now, if you’re talking about only taking x amount of items from the gen at a time and the rest be left on the ground for your other teammates. I feel like that’ll cause a lot of frustration to people who use all of the resources as a clutch. Say you’re at your island and you get Polly’d. You’re alone and you need brick right away to cover up your cake, but you can only pick up 5 out of the 15 laying there. I don’t see that ending well, I’d be very upset.

Overall this is a situational issue and depends on the gameplay in my opinion.

Posted Mar 5, 2021
    Stormiiee and siee like this.
  11. I solo queue cake wars a lot, and this is a biiiig issue. if you get to the gen 1 second late then bam your incompetent teammate gets all the bricks and emeralds, will upgrade to full diamond, and will walk off the edge. And If your doing all the adventuring, then when you die and come back then there's nothing left for you. In bedrock, nobody puts anything in the chests, it's unused if your not in a party.

Maybe not when people are standing on the gen. Maybe they could use a system where a player arrives within 1 second of another player, it's evenly split.

same as my response as above, the 1 second player method could be used.

Posted Mar 6, 2021
    Kight, Ryan9116, PlebAU and 2 others like this.
  12. I like @Jet Starglaze 's idea. I know how annoying it is, so instead having a system where if a player arrives within 1 second of another player the resources would be evenly split sounds good.

So say there is 20 bricks waiting there. The first player there would get 20, but they would still "be there" - if others arrive within a second of the first, they would also get 20.

Posted Mar 6, 2021
  13. I just feel like people are still going to complain about said issue, 1 second will soon enough not be enough time. If you extend this too much you risk people clutching the game like I said above. Also, Cakewars is a team game, you’re meant to work together and communicate. I only play Java and I’ve seen people use the chest just fine. In my opinion, people are going to make a big deal about the delay in getting materials and blame it on losing a game by not being able to get x item fast enough to prevent their cake being eaten.

I’ve played enough games to say, yeah, 5 seconds makes a big deal in losing your cake. You also need to take into consideration how this change will affect competitive Cakewars too. Every little change will cause a discussion as a result, maybe someone should tag GI.

Posted Mar 6, 2021
  14. i Agree with this as its annoying when you are close to the gen but ur teamate gets there a milasecond-second before you.
    +1

Posted Mar 6, 2021
  15. Why would it be an issue, it’s just strategy that you would use to get more bricks. Other teams could do the same as well. It’s basically the same as asking teammates for bricks and they give you some.
    I don’t think the person will keep chasing you if you’re still in your base because there’s 3 other teammates, or in duos just another person. If you split the generator with someone, I doubt they’ll have enough for full iron armor just immediately unless there’s 48+ bricks in the generator. Which would be unlikely unless all of your teammates left their base for more than a minute. Like it’s really not going to be that OP, it would just split the generator evenly depending on the amount. But let’s say you’re playing standard and you have 64 bricks or emerald in your generator. If 4 of your teammates go in the generator at the same time that would be 16 iron each, and I don’t think it would affect the game much. Because as I said, I could just ask my team for some resources or just go in the team chest and just take some bricks, emerald or nether stars out.

Also, most servers have split generator features to make getting stuff easily, and I don’t think it would make anything too OP or unnecessary. It’s just another strat that would be meta for cake wars.

Posted Mar 6, 2021
    Jet Starglaze likes this.
  16. Hi there!

Like many above I completely agree with you. It can be very frustrating if you've got somebody who takes all the bricks and emeralds a split second before you while you've been out there fighting and then you have to wait a minute or so if you want to get better armour. I understand what @Bhunie is saying about communication, however, this is much harder on Bedrock than Java as Bedrock generally has a younger audience and therefore, many players have Xbox privacy settings restricting them from using the chat and other players are ghost muted and don't realise it.

I personally don't see any harm in making this change and it shouldn't be too difficult to implement on both platforms.

-MC Minium

Posted Mar 6, 2021
    Jet Starglaze and Gil-galad like this.
  17. Facts, especially if ur playing with someone that hogs the gen all game and stores it all in their echest smh

Posted Mar 12, 2021
    Jet Starglaze likes this.
  18. I totally agree with this idea because if I'm going around to other islands and fighting other teams and then I eventually die. When I get back to my island my teammate could pick up all the bricks / other resources and then I'm left there stuck with nothing. I don't agree with the change someone suggest above with both players receiving 20 bricks because then it's basically doubling the amount of resources then what should be coming out. However, I fully support splitting whatever resources are currently there with everyone on the gen. I would not be opposed to the first and second player both receiving the same amount, but If eel like if we stretch it to where all 4 players on the team receive the same amount that means, for example 80 bricks would come out in the same time as 20 normally does if that makes sense? Anyway great idea!

Posted Mar 13, 2021
    20LeeBrian1 likes this.