• 321 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4398 Players Online
  • 4077 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Spleef please

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by CursedPvPYT, Mar 5, 2021.

?

Spleef gamemode

1. yes

86.7%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. what is spleef

13.3%
  1. There are no bedrock featured severs with good original spleef. I think it would be awesome if a spleef game mode was added. it would bring many players to Mineplex and would make the server so much better.
    thanks

Posted Mar 5, 2021
    Jet Starglaze and yvuggu like this.
  2. Hey! I agree that spleef would be a nice game to add to bedrock. Although I don't think spleef would be good as it's own game. I do think it would be cool to add to mixed arcade though because it's more of a mini game.

Posted Mar 5, 2021
    CursedPvPYT likes this.
  3. I personally would love to see a game like Spleef on the bedrock server.

On the off-chance that somebody doesn't know what spleef is or it's at the tip of their tongue and can't remember, the simplest explanation is that you're on a platform of land and your goal is to make people fall off the platform into the void by breaking blocks beneath them, or whatever is beneath the platform, and be the last person standing.

The game is such a simple concept that it doesn't seem like too much trouble for the community and would be a nice addition as a non-PVP game. I don't imagine it'd take away from any game and can see it getting good players.

As a bonus, games like spleef are super handy on Bedrock give it's cross-platform. Coming from someone who plays Bedrock on mobile and has difficulties with controls at times, it really would be a nice addition that isn't too complex to play and doesn't demand high levels of skill to play. It's a basic game which is short and enjoyable for anyone, regardless of what device they're using. The only argument that could be used in this is probably "it's not original", but I don't think that should determine a game implementation and I think that this is such a basic game premise that it'd be fine to implement. We already have a spleef game on the Java edition anyway, so I don't see much issue in adding one to Bedrock.

We could also add some form of kits to the game to give it more gameplay, like on Java, say a jumper kit that gives you leaps, a bow kit which explodes a chunk of blocks and the basic snowball kit. Other ideas are kits that give you feather falling (since certain maps could be raised) so you have reduced fall damage and a shovel. Potentially the "hitter" which can't break blocks but can directly hit other people- this one definitely could annoy and would only be implementable if PVP was disabled for other people. One other idea could be a safe-teleport that's one use throughout the game and just your hand to break blocks under others. This could benefit people with slight mobility issues. Not completely sure how feasible that last one is, but felt it was worth throwing out a few ideas! (:

+1

Posted Mar 5, 2021
    Mothy and CursedPvPYT like this.
  4. Yessss, I love spleef and I feel like this would be a great and easy addition to the server.

+1

Posted Mar 5, 2021
    CursedPvPYT likes this.
  5. Not really a bedrock player but I could see players enjoying this

Posted Mar 5, 2021
  6. I have started to try and get into Bedrock and personally I think more quick, minigame type of games should be added to Bedrock. I think that Bedrock has a large enough player base as well to actually support a game like Spleef. My only concern with adding Spleef would be for mobile players as moving around quick is a little bit harder to do with the mobile controls, however for Windows 10 players this wouldn't be an issue. I would also suggest that the archer kit that's a kit on eh Java version of Super Spleef should not make an appearance in the Bedrock version because it would make the controls extremely hard to actually function with. Overall I think Spleef would be a great addition to the Bedrock network and I could totally see it making an appearance in the future great suggestion!

Posted Mar 6, 2021
    CursedPvPYT and yvuggu like this.
  7. Heyo!

What a fantastic idea!

Firstly, I used to play a lot of super spleef back in the day, and I'll tell you, I was amused by every aspect, however, since this is a bedrock suggestion I'll start stating some pros in cons regarding this. As stated above by @Jylie and @Epicbuilder435 the controls might be a bit challenging regarding this specific game. Nevertheless, the whole point is to play it and be satisfied. Now personally, I don't quite have a bedrock account, however, I have played bedrock at my friend's place a while ago, and the controls are catastrophic in my opinion. Since it was my first experience with bedrock I wasn't used to the controls (taking screenshots, keys, and clicking, etc...).

On the other hand, there are some areas around bedrock spleef which I was intrigued on. Firstly, the player count on the Mineplex bedrock platform is outrageous, meaning that the majority of players on that specific platform will be in for a treat. Secondly, builders can supposedly implement larger maps that could cover more ground for players. Back when super spleef was prominent on the java platform, most individuals (snowballer kit) didn't have much space in terms of the map capacity, so implementing more/and or bigger maps could have a significant impact on players. Note: the snowballer kit couldn't leap so that's why. Another suggestion could perhaps be an achievement kit. Nowadays, achievement kits escalate in a minimal amount of mini-games. Now, I'm not saying this could be a mandatory or highly suggested idea, however, I am saying this could be looked at from a couple of game insight members.

Lastly, I'm going to give a little reflection on my thoughts. I totally believe that this being implemented on the bedrock platform could be successful. Again, this is a mini-game and not an event or special occasion, however, you never know (anything could happen). In favor of you @Minecraft2026, hopefully, you can give some feedback/and or suggestions if you please. I hope my thoughts on this topic had great value. Cheers!
    -Justin

Posted Mar 6, 2021
    Ryan9116 likes this.
  8. Hi there!
    I agree, there should definitely be spleef on the bedrock server.
    +1 potato for you!

Posted Mar 7, 2021
    CursedPvPYT likes this.
  9. lifeboat spleef was very epic back in 2013 so i agree

Posted Mar 7, 2021
    CursedPvPYT and EpicEnderDragon1 like this.