• 354 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2438 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Spending gems on cosmetics

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Korben2005, Oct 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have been noticing alot if people talking about how they have a huge amount of gems and nothing to spend them on, so I was trying to think of things you could use gems to buy. But the only thing people use them on is kits. What if you could spend gems on gadgets and other things like pets. Maybe you could add a new section of cosmetics that you spend gems on. Or you could use gems to upgrade things like the "space suit" outfit. When you upgrade it you would get a better bost from that thing. Like for the space suit you could jump a block higher every time you upgrade it.

P.S.
    I'm not totally sure if this would be allowed because you can use shards to buy chests which can give you cosmetics and I don't know if that would be against the rules about not beinf allowrd to exchange soft/hard currency. If this is the case would you be allowed to if you added cosmetics you can only obtain by using gems to buy it?

Please let me know what you think of this idea and whether or not it would be allowed. Also any constructive criticism is welcome!

Thanks for your time,
    -Korben

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  2. Hey,

You can also use gems to donate to communities and in some games use gems to upgrade the kits like in SkyWars. If this were to be added then Shards would be less admired as instead of opening chests using shards, you can just buy items with the hundreds of thousands of gems you've been saving up. I personally don't think this will be added due to players paying with gems on the cosmetics rather in chests.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this comment, feel free to PM me and I will try to get back to you ASAP.

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  3. Hey
    I've always advocated for this idea, which is why I support this! Players often complain about useless gems lying around; purchasing cosmetics with gems would create an opportunity to spend their gems. Unfortunately, this would be a temporary solution, however it would help clean out a fortune of gems in the economy.

Though shards serve as a way to obtain cosmetics, they are also the currency used to buy chests. There is not a maximum to buying chests, as there is with kits, unless a user has earned every cosmetic in the game. Those players are uncommon, and in spite of that, newly available cosmetics are released fairly often throughout the year (holidays, events). Gems are not lucky enough to be in that scenario, however; there are limited items offered to be bought with gems. All in all, shards can afford to lose their cosmetic shop to balance out the abundance of gems either gained from stacked games, or earned through competitively playing.

As for the costume upgrades, even with the factor of gems removed from the equation, I am quite fond of the idea. It's very thoughtful of you to come up with it; not once have I viewed a suggestion alike this one. Not only does it provide a way to utilize gems, it jazzes up costumes that seemed bland previously. It would definitely inspire players to update their costumes as much as possible. Costumes don't receive too much attention - this would certainly bring an exciting new feature to the table.
    Space Suit increasing the jump boost by one block each upgrade sounds cool to me, but perhaps two blocks to further emphasize the difference.
    For the Rave Suit, as an obvious suggestion, the speed could be boosted more and more until it's too fast to be fun.
    Freeze Suit: The ice bridge could last longer or become larger.

Perhaps not the most unique ideas, but as a start, the above could be helpful for creating more original suggestions.

I'm not entirely sure if it would be against the EULA as you stated, but I doubt it. Don't get me wrong, I don't know, but my gut leans towards no.

I adore these ideas - keep them up!

Posted Oct 14, 2019
    Korben2005 and Jocoe like this.
  4. Then what do suggest as an alternative to use with our gems, instead of just rejecting the idea altogether?

Posted Oct 14, 2019
    Korben2005 likes this.
  5. Use it on kits upgrades, which you need to be a certain level on the game, and also you can use it on communities.

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  6. There's got to be more than 2 options to use gems on, because people still hog them since they can't use them on anything for themselves. Other than one game with kit upgrades.

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  7. If game of the week comes back they can use gems on the fountain.

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  8. Thanks for the encouragement! I hope I can keep coming up with goods ideas!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 14, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 14, 2019
    Jocoe likes this.
  9. I like the idea but I don't think it'll happen, which is what I'm trying to say above. I look forward to seeing more from you!

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  10. Game of the week has been said to not be coming back

Posted Oct 14, 2019
    Jocoe likes this.
  11. That's a rip

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  12. It might not happen but I do think that it has a shot, thank you for your input though!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 14, 2019
    Jocoe likes this.
  13. Hellloooo

I think it’s a nice idea. Even with communities, it’s still hard to find a way to use gems. There’s only so much you can do with them. From that perspective, I think having the ability to spend gems on cosmetics would be good.

That being said, at this point, many people have at least a million gems. Some people have multiple million gems. If this were added, people could buy most of the cosmetics with their gems which would defeat the purpose of chests, unless the gem price for cosmetics was extremely expensive.

I wouldn’t mind seeing it added, but there would need to be a solution for the pricing.

Posted Oct 14, 2019
    Jocoe likes this.
  14. Would it be possible to have a separate "store" for gem cosmetics and possibly perks? Then you could have exclusive items for a limited time. This could justify higher pricing, and maybe you could make a new cosmetic 1 time a month that is 100k gems and dosnt stay in for long, maybe 3 or 4 days. That could help with people having to many gems. gems out so that while they may buy most of the items at first eventually they would run out right?
    Please let me know what you think, also if there is any way you think this could be improved!

-Korben

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 15, 2019
    510bike likes this.
  15. While I would love to see more uses for gems, I am pretty sure this idea violates the EULA. Allowing players to use soft-currency (gems) to purchase items only available for hard-currency (shards) would technically not allowed. However, one interesting idea you mentioned was adding the ability to upgrade a cosmetic using gems. I would like to see this added with a minor tweak. One downside of this addition is that it would be confusing and inconsistent to mix up gems and shards into cosmetic-related purchases and I would much rather prefer keeping shards strictly for cosmetics. I am also not sure if this would violate the EULA, but it seems like a cool feature to implement with shards instead of gems. Overall, most of the suggestions you've provided are limited by Mojang's EULA but I would like to see the cosmetic upgrade feature implemented, just with shards.

Posted Oct 15, 2019
    Jocoe likes this.
  16. I think that’s a good solution, a separate gem store would be nice. Although, I don’t see a problem with leaving the cosmetic there for a whole month instead of just 3 or 4 days since people could only purchase one per month anyway. That way if someone sees a cosmetic they really want but can’t afford it, they would have time to save up to purchase it

Posted Oct 15, 2019
    Korben2005 likes this.
  17. I had thought this might be the case but I thought I might as well propose it just to check. Thanks for the letting me know though!

On a side note what parts would not be limited/vetoed by the EULA?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 15, 2019
  18. Yeah, I totally agree with this. Ever since the crazy area 51 raid game mode I got around 300,000 gems legit and it's honestly insane. I didn't even grind the game mode and heard that some players get around even 2 million gems! Maybe like some rank up system where you get a cool little icon next to your name after you spend a specific amount of gems to 'prestige'. An In-game gem store would be a really good fit for Mineplex because personally I know that when you have everything it gets boring. Kits are pretty cheap so I just have my gems lying there with no practical use.
    Good thread, I'd love to hear more soon.

Posted Oct 15, 2019
    Jocoe likes this.
  19. I'm not against the idea of letting people use gems to purchase gadgets such as flesh hooks etc since people don't open chests strictly to find those items, but as mentioned above, I'm pretty sure this violates the EULA so it probably won't happen. I definitely don't think you should be able to purchase costumes as I know there are some players that open chests just to complete their set, so it would reduce Mineplex's revenue. Upgrading cosmetics using gems is actually a pretty unique idea and one that I don't think I've heard before. It would be pretty cool if after you invest a certain amount of gems you get an extra speed upgrade on the rave suit, or jump higher with the astronaut suit as you mentioned. Finding something else to use gems for that doesn't violate the EULA is tough, but I appreciate you taking the time to come up with these ideas.

Posted Oct 15, 2019
  20. Pretty sure the idea of using gems to buy cosmetics is against the EULA. They have to remain separate, and that’s why shards are currently used for cosmetics. However you can use gems for communities, so if you or a friend had a community you could unlock everything pretty easily. Additionally, although small, you can use your gems in clans to trade in for gold. Apart from that, there’s not too much to do with them. Being able to buy cosmetics with gems wouldn’t likely happen, so I’m going to lock this thread as it’s not planned.
    If you have any other ideas for gems, feel free to make a new suggestion! Additionally if you have any questions you can always message me!
    Thread locked - not planned.

Posted Oct 15, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.