• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9047 Players Online
  • 6157 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Speed builders teams?

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by frituurgarnituur, Jun 5, 2020.

1. I think it would a pretty cool idea to add speed builders team mode, with bigger builds and more time to build.
    A solo practice would also be nice where you can select builds you want to practice, or select all builds just to play by yourself.

Posted Jun 5, 2020
    Laylq, loomingbear and AnimatedFox like this.
  2. I think adding a speed builders team mode is an interesting idea! Some changes might have to be made, though, like harder builds. I think it'd be really fun!
    As for a solo practice, while it would be fun, I don't think it's very practical. You can already do this in MPS with a few friends.

Posted Jun 5, 2020
    0775 likes this.
  3. I agree! I can definitely see this as a game that I would play in the future but I see this as a game that would take some time to implement. I feel like it would take some time to create because there would have to be completely new builds for each round. Also, when you say teams are you suggesting that there would be four to a team and four total teams? As for the solo practice, I agree with @Emiliee and think that a solo practice game mode isn't needed.

Posted Jun 5, 2020
  4. Hello there!

To be honest, I've already thought about Speed Builders Teams and I'd like to see its implemented. I'd actually play there with my friends, and I'm sure that it'll consist with a lot of fun! As trainees have already said before, there's no sense in implementing solo mode of Speed Builders for practicing your skills, because you can do that on MPS with somebody. So, I really like this idea and I hope to see it implemented, +1 from me!

Stay safe,
    Plqmeriq

Posted Jun 5, 2020
  5. It would be difficult to coordinate the building with your teammate, I feel that those who'd voice call would have an overwhelming advantage due to the short time limit. On the other hand, I would love to see a team mode added to Master Builders. It's one of the things you have to go on another server to play, and it could potentially solve the party bias, where people who play the game together give each other high votes. With a team mode in place, they would be playing there instead.

Posted Jun 5, 2020
  6. Hey!

As a speed builders fan I am always interested in new ways the game mode could be experienced. I would like to hear more about your ideas about how this game mode would be created. I think the idea of teams is a little problematic. As @Thenorn said and others mentioned, it would be difficult to coordinate with team mates and would be best suited for implementation on Master Builders. However, the only way I can see teams working for speed builders is that each team mate would be given a segment of the build and after the timer runs out the build is assembled and the team with the least completed would be eliminated. This would prevent any problems with collaborating with team mates since everyone has their own dedicated section and won't interfere with what other people on the team is trying to do.

I think the idea is a strong one since speed builders is definitely one of the most popular game modes on the network but the idea could perhaps be more developed a little more with how this game mode would function with consideration for people who are playing solo.

Posted Jun 5, 2020
    Sailings and YoungSavage220 like this.
  7. I actually really like this idea, as it eliminates the communication between teammates problem. To get rid of the confusion when trying to memorize the build, I think that the game should only show what each person has to build. For example, there would be four parts for each build and instead of showing the entire build to the whole team, it would only show the one part that the player is responsible for.

Posted Jun 5, 2020
    Meami likes this.
  8. Hello! Now this is something I'd love to see happen! I am a huge fan of speed builders and enjoy playing it! I do usually play a lot with one of my friends and I think this would be a great idea. There would have to be a lot of brainstorming into how they would make this work though, would there be 1 huge build you and your teammate build together, would it be 2 identical builds and your % adds up, would you be able to break blocks that your teammates placed, would you receive half of the blocks and they'd get the other half? So many questions and brainstorming that would go into trying to make this work, however that does not mean it can't be done. I believe a good solution can be found that'll make this a perfectly playable and stable game in the future. I would like to see it become a reality and am happy if it were to be implemented! +1 from me.

Posted Jun 5, 2020
    Sailings and Plameriq like this.
  9. Hey,

I don't play Speed Builders all that often, but I do like the idea of adding a team mode for SB. I think it could be developed fairly easily, and be an all around playable gamemode. However, to compensate for there being two players instead of one, I think the builds would have to be more difficult. And as Zayta mentioned, there's multiple questions that have to be answered, and some changes that would have to be made to make sure this game is playable and challenging.

If some of the requested adjustments are made, i'm really interested in this idea and I believe it has a lot of potential as a future game.

Have a good day!

+1

Posted Jun 5, 2020
  10. Hey!
    Speed Builders Duos
    I think this is a really cool idea and I'd love to try it out. I personally love Speed Builders especially when I get to play with my friends. However, I don't really know how this idea would work, I think it would be hard to build quick with a partner but hopefully the builds would be designed around that, and maybe a bit more time then solo Speed Builders. Also, as mentioned above, I think this idea would take awhile to implement due to the creators/build team needing to make new builds and maps in order to make Team Speed Builders work. One question I do have though is, when you say team, do you mean duos or like a four person team? I personally would like both modes, I think it would be rather cool to have a duos and team mode however, I'm assuming you're talking about like a four team mode.

+1 idea

Solo Practice
    I would also love for this to be implemented. I've been trying to play Speed Builders more often so I can memorize the builds to decrease the amount of time it takes to build for me. However, there are certain builds like "Fred the Fox" and honestly all animal ones, that I can't seem to get no matter how much I play. I think that the practice mode would really help players that struggle with certain builds so they can get better at the game itself. As @Emiliee and @YoungSavage220 have mentioned however, you can already practice with your friends in MPS. I personally think if the solo practice mode was to be implemented, you would be able to have the option on what you would like to build (what you're having trouble with), that's just how I see the idea.

+1 idea

Posted Jun 5, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 6, 2020
  11. Hey, hey!

I love the idea of having this. I mainly do enjoy playing speedy builders and I would think a team mode would be great, though, I could lowkey see this being abused in a way if the teams are/aren't randomized. What I mean by this is if another player in your team just likes to grief the build and/or does not cooperate and ends up getting you both removed from the game. I see this as a potential downfall but again, it'd have to be seen in action in order to actually base off the downfalls.

I'm for sure a +1 on this idea, I'd even play it with close friends or in parties with others. Great suggestion, hopefully it does get implemented!

- Fox

Posted Jun 5, 2020
  12. Definitely agree and I tink the solo practice mode is a great idea! I play speed builders alot as Im pretty good at it and adding this will make speed builders better for sure!

Posted Jun 5, 2020
  13. What if your like me and have no friends. I feel that they should let me build in mps solo because of my lack of friends. As for the actual thread teams mode, i honestly dont know how to feel, i would have no friends to play it with so i mean it sounds interesting just i would probably never play it.

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  14. Yo!

I don’t really mind the addition of a teams mode. It sort of seems boring really but I don’t see a major problem with adding it! Of course, developers would have to sort of rework the way Speed Builders works and add new builds, it would just be a lot of work. Also how long does your team get to build? How big is the area you need to build on? A lot of important questions here that would be helpful to have answered for developers! So really to add this “duo” mode, there needs to be a lot of work put into it and good ideas to make it the best it can be!

Also, the solo mode is already an idea that is getting added soon! You can check the SB document in the CI discord for all of the planned updates! But I think it would be cool if you could pick the build you want to do and it would just then play like a normal gam would but you have to build the build you picked. Anyways, thanks for the ideas!

Posted Jun 6, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 6, 2020
    Laylq likes this.
  15. I love this idea! This would bring a whole new strategy to the game. There would have to be great communication between the teammates.
    I’m all for this! +1

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  16. I was really intrigued by the team Speed Builders idea. There's a lot of questions asked in this thread but, some aren't really relevant to the core question of "Would it work?". There were also a lot of good ideas which, after reading, gave me a good idea of what this could look like. For me, a team mode would make the most sense as duo mode. I see this working like a relay of sorts. One person would start off the build and get as far as possible within the time given. After that, the second teammate would be given the remaining blocks to finish off what they can in their time limit. This system allows for little coordination needed between teammates which will make solo queuing more feasible.

Regardless of how it would turns out if it became a reality, I see myself playing more speed builders as as result.

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  17. Hey there!

As the above have stated, I am not sure if this is such a good idea. Mainly because communicating with your teammate can be difficult, and also the teammate may troll to stop you from winning. As @Sailings has said above me, it would be a good idea for each teammate to have individual roles, such as one does the base, and another does the details. For now, I will give this idea a +0.5. I like the idea, but I'm not sure how it would work. Have a great day!

Posted Jun 6, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  18. That wouldn't be solo practice then. The point of solo practice is that you can keep playing alone and not have to worry about bringing your friends on or worrying about them making a mistake. Solo practice would be a great resource to learn builds.

I don't like the idea of team modes; it would get chaotic (which isn't always a bad thing) and get pretty confusing with who does what.

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  19. While yes, it isn’t technically solo mode, adding a solo practice mode for one game will make others want solo practice mode for every other game, which just isn’t necessary. Even though it isn’t completely solo in MPS, it’s still a great place for you to practice.

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  20. Hi there!
    I really like your idea of implementing a team version of Speed Builders. I do feel as though more time should be allotted to each team so that they can adequately plan their build as well as complete it. This extra time would essentially off set the time it takes for the team to communicate regarding their plan. I would be very inclined to play team Speed Builders! :)
    In response to your idea of solo practice, I do not think this is necessary as players can practice building anywhere on their own.

Posted Jun 6, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 6, 2020