• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9089 Players Online
  • 6199 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Speed Builders Suggestion

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by gavin1214, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Let players play Speed Builders by themselves in their MPS. Like how it only takes one person to play Dragon Escape in an MPS, it should only take one player to play Speed Builders in an MPS. This lets people who want to get better at speed builders not have to wait on a lot of peope (or win on like round 9) in pub games. Would just be a cool feature to have imo.

- Edit: Just to clarify the main idea is just to let players play solo in an MPS. Choosing builds would also be cool and stuff (imo), but the main point is to play solo in an MPS.

Posted Jun 6, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 6, 2020
    xUmbreon and PhoenixSky like this.
  2. Hey,

In my opinion, I think a part of speed builders is to be able to remember the build short term and not longer term. That's why it is very difficult for some players to be able to perfectly replicate something so quickly, hence the name speed builders. I like the idea, but with the likelihood of 100 or more builds and more to be added, it'd be nearly impossible to remember each and everyone.

Posted Jun 6, 2020
    AnimatedFox likes this.
  3. I'm not quite sure what you're saying. I'm saying people should be able to play SB in their MPS by themselves if they want.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 6, 2020
  4. I suppose he inferred that you planned on playing Speed Builders in a MPS to learn all the builds. I think it's a great idea for players to be able to practice game modes by playing on their own, and adding would only take a minor tweak of how the game works. +1 from me!

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  5. Oh. You could learn a lot of builds from it, but it would mainly just be for practice / fun.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 6, 2020
  6. Hey, hey!

You could just do this with a friend that's good at it because that's really the only way you can really do it with private practice and redo it as many times as you want but I do understand the feeling of wanting to play but none of your friends are online to play with. Again though, I like the idea but it would be pretty interesting to make it so you can do it solo without winning, maybe it'll have a practice mode that you can enable whenever you're alone and it'll just keep on going until you force the game to stop.

+1 for the idea, it's cool and definitely something that I'd personally do since I love me some SB.

- Fox

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  7. I wouldn't mind seeing this get added. Players can already play Dragon Escape/Alien Invasion in MPS to practice maps and their parkour skills or just try and get world records so I don't see why we can't do the same for games like Speed Builders. I think this would be also a great opportunity for players to see and learn all of the new mini builds the moment they come out when a map update releases instead of having to wait in public games.

I think this is a pretty neat small suggestion that wouldn't take that much time to code and implement but yeah, that's all I have to say about it.

Posted Jun 6, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 7, 2020
  8. Hello there!

I've been playing Speed Builders for a small period of time, but anyway, I've noticed that a lot of players need more practice on some builds, especially on building some types of animals. To my mind, it'd be great to see this idea implemented. Moreover, more players will practice speed building and common games will be more interesting and longer. I was thinking about this idea and actually I really like it. Furthermore, it doesn't have to take a lot of time to become implemented, so developers won't lose a lot of time on it. As @Klobby has already said, players can already play Dragon Escape/Alien Invasion in MPS to practice their skills, and in addition Speed Builders as a game has also to be there.

Summarizing what I've said, this addition to MPS would be useful for everybody and I'm sure that players will be practicing it by themselves. So, that's +1 from me, thanks for expressing your idea to Mineplex community!

Stay safe,
    Plqmeriq

Posted Jun 6, 2020
    0775 likes this.
  9. Hey!

There are already plans to be able to play SB solo in MPS which is amazing in my opinion. Playing solo would help you get better at the game since you can just practice them and not worry about other players! It’d be nice if they made it to where you can pick the build you want to try out and it gives you as much time as you need to build it. Then after you practicing it a few times, you can do it with a timer on to see if you can do it before the timer ends! That’s a good way to implement this idea in since it allows you to practice as long as you want then you can add a time limit to test yourself!

Anyways, like I said, this idea is already planned to be added whenever so I’m happy about that. Thanks for the idea!

Posted Jun 6, 2020
    0775 likes this.
  10. I 100% agree with this idea. I think it would help out a lot of players who are struggling with memorizing builds in a short period of time (including myself, haha). There’s already a Dragon Escape solo in MPS, so I think they should do the same with Speed Builders. +1

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  11. Awesome! Maybe even a feature that shows you your faster build time on each build could be really cool.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 6, 2020
    ItsFree likes this.
  12. Hey!
    I defiantly do like this idea, I think it could really help players learn builds they are having trouble with or just simply get faster at the ones they know. There was a similar thread on this yesterday, suggesting adding a solo practice mode to the game that I'm going to link here. However, you're idea is quite different and I think this could work better because you wouldn't be earning xp/shards/gems for practicing so adding this to MPS would make the most sense in my opinon. If this were to get added though, I think there should be options on what you would like to build. For example, if you wanna get better at "fred the fox", you should be able to have the option to choose. However, if you just wanna work on getting faster maybe you could select a shuffle button? I think this would help players just so they can get better at what their goal is instead of waiting for certain builds.
    Overall, I think this is a great idea and could defiantly get implemented. The only issue would be having to make new maps and making a system on where you could choose what you would like to do (if that makes sense).

+1 idea

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  13. Hello!

I really do like this idea. Even though I don't play Speed Builders too often, this would be an amazing update! And as @Klobby said, players can already play Dragon Escape on MPS and practice their skills. So, why not make the same opportunity to Speed Builders. Overall, a very good idea!

+1

Posted Jun 6, 2020
  14. Hello!

Firstly, as it was mentioned above, an ability to play SB while you are alone on your MPS is already planned and it's included in GI Document about SB Update. Also, some months ago I posted a document with proposals for MPS Update where I also included that feature to be added after it was suggested by one active SB player directly to me.

A feature to play that game alone on your MPS is pretty good and it will be so liked by specific players. It shouldn't be that hard to do because actually a system to support solo gameplay is already exists and used for DE which I guess can be successfully moved to other game which is SB on that case. It really can help to practice in the building as well as you will be able to have fun and play even without other players.

What's about the ability to choose builds which you mentioned later, it sadly won't be possible to do as it probably will require doing big changes and maybe even rewrite a game which we simply can afford and overall we don't really need to add that. I just think it's better to practice on random builds rather than just one specific.

Overall, I will give +1 to that idea because an ability to play SB alone is something which I liked myself before and which I included in my idea about MPS update.

Posted Jun 7, 2020
    Plameriq likes this.
  15. Hi there! I actually really like this idea. Not only would it allow players to further practice Speed Builders, but it'd be a fun way to memorise the different builds without having the pressure of trying to build quicker than other players.

I can't really see this being a priority, just due to the fact that I don't think there's a huge demand for this, and it's pretty easy to practice Speed Builders by just playing it normally, but I think if this is possible, I can't see why it shouldn't be added. +1

Posted Jun 7, 2020
  16. To be honest, I just want it to be possible to play 1 player in mps for all games.

Posted Jun 7, 2020
    CheeseySF likes this.