• 811 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12417 Players Online
  • 11606 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Implemented Special cosmetics

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by NinjaMaster895, Nov 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok so I have an idea for special cosmetics that you can get from special events (I’ll make thread about that later) 1-3 months.
    You’d get special mounts or special gadgets or special morphs etc.

If you have any more ideas feel free to share

Posted Nov 3, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 3, 2019
  2. If by special events you mean like special games, such as the Halloween or Christmas games, then we kind of have something similar already. I don't think adding them any more regularly would be effective, I think having them for just the holiday games or other special occasions such as the Mineplex Oscars would be fine. If you don't mean special games then I'm not sure what other kind of special events we would have.

Posted Nov 3, 2019
  3. Hey there!

First off, it would be great if you added more detail and developed your idea further, as it's difficult to give feedback without a full picture of what you envision.

There are already cosmetics that are attainable from special events, such as the 'Deathraze' diamond sword name obtained from beating Halloween Havoc challenger mode. Mineplex has been giving out special cosmetics from events for years, such as the 'Decrepit Warhorse' mount obtained from beating Halloween Horror back in 2015. How would your idea differ from this?

Posted Nov 3, 2019
    jacvb and Bunni like this.
  4. I mean like games that have special features to them

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 3, 2019
  5. I don't imagine we could do special events but so often. Every week would be really resource heavy and would require a lot of development time. We previously had the gem fountain that players could fill with gems every week to unlock a special version of the game modes on the server. It quickly died out with few players being interested in it and it was really hard for our developers to upkeep games every single week. It got to the point where games were being repeated and other players got bored of the same versions over and over again.

Every month may be a bit more manageable, but it would really just depend on how big of a special event you are hoping for. As I said before though, the games get boring after a while and players lose interest. If you have any suggestions on how we could keep player interest for longer periods of time, I'd be happy to hear some. I think this idea could definitely use a lot more elaboration, but based on our history, this general idea hasn't been successful with our community unfortunately.

Posted Nov 3, 2019
  6. I mean new cosmetics. Like cake sword weapon name if you beat a special cake wars game or iron golem pet if you beat a special mob arena game. If you have new special cosmetics feel free to tell me (I can’t think of any names)
    --- Post updated ---
    I changed it to every 1-3 months

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 3, 2019
  7. As others stated, this idea is sort of already in place. From events games such as Area 51 Raid and Halloween Havoc, winners received prizes such as various titles and sword names. Likewise, the winning team in a Cake Wars tournament held in January received exclusive particles.
    While it seems like a great idea at first, I am not sure if it will be the best use of time for our developers to create very exclusive cosmetics, especially every 1-3 months. Sword names and titles would likely not take much time to add (or give out already existing ones), but I imagine cosmetics such as gadgets would take more time and effort to create. It would be a better use of resources to just make new cosmetics available from chests so that everyone has a chance to receive them instead of a small number of people.

Posted Nov 3, 2019
  8. Ok I’ll change it to easier things

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 3, 2019
  9. Hello hello,

I am a bit confused by the suggestion. To release a limited-time cosmetic every 1-3 months seems like something that would not be worth the time it would take because of how often it is. We already have the rewards from the Mineplex Oscars and Halloween Havoc as our limited-time cosmetics that players can get if they win these events, so having this opportunity every 1-3 months would make it a lot less valuable to people. I think that, even if it got implemented, that the rewards would need to be really cool, like diamond sword names, which we currently give out. Since these are only available from these type of events, I think that it would better work out since almost everyone has cosmetics and mounts.

Posted Nov 3, 2019
    landay likes this.
  10. I know this has been said a lot already, but this already comes in the seasonal events and the odd exception such as the Area 51 event. My issue with this is it will consume developers time when they could be doing other things like bug fixes. They already create different cosmetics and games for the seasonal events and then monthly PPC benefits, so I don't really think it's viable.

Looking at this idea from another direction, I do believe there should be more events, just the rewards need to be rethought maybe. An admin give chests and shard/gem rewards to players if they complete events like they do in the newsletter competitions. Currently, my stance is -1 as there are already the seasonal events and then the random events that are hosted such as the Oscars and other events. I think you're trying to get at something that would well suit Mineplex, you're just not really detailing it enough for it to be plausible. Can you provide examples of such rewards your thinking of maybe?

Posted Nov 3, 2019
  11. I don't believe that we should receive a special cosmetic every 1-3 months. The Developments team may not have the time to create special cosmetics for less than 3 months. The special cosmetic only appears when you complete the special event games (Halloween Horror, Christmas Chaos, etc). If this idea has been implemented, I will like to see the new diamond swords name.

I think this will encourage more players to join the server. +1

Posted Nov 5, 2019
  12. Marking this as implemented because we basically already do this. We give out custom cosmetics for the Halloween event (the sword name, etc) and the Christmas Event (advent calendar last year). Other events sometimes get cosmetics too. Message me with any questions or concerns.

Posted Nov 7, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.