• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7783 Players Online
  • 4893 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Spawn Killing

Discussion in 'Champions' started by omgbqby, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Spawn killing is an annoying thing that all champions players have gone through, usually when the other team is winning the game. When other players spawn kill, its much harder nearly impossible to kill them because they can keep reviving themselves if they click on the kits. In order to stop spawn killing and to give the other team a fighting chance, I propose that we make players that spawn in their base invincible until they leave the spawn. That way, spawn killing can't happen because the team simply can't die. This would work sort of like a healing station in cake wars, but instead the healing would be much stronger.

Posted Aug 9, 2019
  2. +1 Love the idea! I always get spawn killed in champions and I think this would be a great edition.

Posted Aug 9, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  3. Love the idea as well!, maybe a invisible border so opponents can not get in the spawn? Thanks for bringing this up!

Posted Aug 9, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  4. Hey there,

I too have often been in Champions games where it becomes really hard to exit spawn because we are being camped/constantly killed. Honestly, I don't see any major issues with your idea. The only thing I worry about is if this is possible to implement. If so, it's a great idea and would eliminate problems with spawn camping all together. If not, maybe invincibility could be applied for a short duration of time, 2 or 3 seconds [like in Cake Wars]. Just long enough for a player to leave spawn. Either way, I do believe implementing some sort of invincibility mechanic after spawning in Champions would do the community good and make games way more enjoyable and fair.

Posted Aug 9, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  5. All out for this idea. Being unable to get out of your own base can be a struggle for many, and I totally understand where you are coming from. I would say declaring a region around the base that disables PvP between differentiating teams possibly?

Posted Aug 9, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  6. This would allow people using ranged abilities/attacks to stay invincible in their base while attacking the enemy team. If this were to be implemented, people should not be able to attack before leaving their base. An alternate solution would be to make the kit selections team-specific (preventing people from regenerating using the opposing team's base), but this may not be possible without extensively reworking the kit selection code used in Champions.

Posted Aug 10, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 10, 2019
    Starx280 and Typr⌨️ like this.