• 998 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6395 Players Online
  • 5397 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Spawn couple pieces of steak in SG(experimental change)

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Wiz2K, Mar 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here is an experimental idea I would want to probably try adding if the community would like it. When an SG game starts, everything will happen as it is, where everyone is picking up the chests in the center of the map, and then will run away. Let's say that when the speed effect runs out for everyone, everyone will get a certain amount of steak to use for hunger purposes. I think that hunger is something that doesn't affect the gameplay nor does give an advantage over others, so I think people should be given food after speed is off for all people.

I am not sure what to do about food that is spawned in chests, but I think those could stay. Many people do have troubles though finding food during the first few minutes of SG, and people hate it when they instantly lose hunger with good items.

This might be a wacky change, but I think this won't affect the SG community a lot if implemented. I think this could be more of a satisfying change for everyone in the long run. I am not completely sure of the amount of steak to add yet, but I originally though of 12 pieces. Then I decided to switch it to 6, but I am not sure. Edit: After looking at other threads and responses, I decided to change it to a couple pieces of steak. Feel free to criticize my idea if this might completely change the style of SG. I personally think it won't, but can't wait to see what people have to say about this idea.

Posted Mar 25, 2020,
    Last edited Mar 25, 2020
    AspiringMod likes this.
  2. I personally think this idea would completely change the game. If your hunger bars are not filled up you cannot regenerate hearts. Part of the challenge of the game is trying to find food in order to regen if you are low on health. If this idea was implemented, I think games would go on longer than they do. If this idea was implemented, I think that maybe 1 or 2 pieces of steak could work but no more than that.

Posted Mar 25, 2020
    Worpp, cards4in and Wiz2K like this.
  3. Definitely agree with this as well. I was overestimating the number of steak so I just changed my title to a couple pieces of steak. Thanks for the feedback though, I really appreciate it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 25, 2020
  4. Hey

Admittedly, I don’t know how I feel about this idea. To start, I’ve personally never encountered an experience where I’m about to die from food loss. Sure, it’s gotten in the way of regeneration and I definitely have it to blame for a few deaths here and there, but all in all food isn’t too hard to find. I feel like giving people a few pieces of steak somewhat ruins the point of the game to scavenge and find food for yourself.

However, limiting it to just a few pieces makes a little more sense. Even if just one piece, it’s definitely feasible and in my mind wouldn’t make too much of an impact. If everyone were to get, say, one piece at the start of the game, or after speed wears off as your proposed, I could see this being a helpful, balanced boost.

Overall, this idea could work theoretically but it also has its disadvantages.

Posted Mar 25, 2020
    xGetRekted and Wiz2K like this.
  5. This idea is fixing a problem that was never there to begin with IMO. Food is rather abundant in SG, I don't think it's difficult to pick up some amount of food here and there from a couple chests. Steak is a pretty strong food item, restoring 8 food points; almost half of your hunger bar.

I'm against any form of grace period in SG. It's holding your hand as you go to mid as well as going out of it. It makes the game dull and non-challenging. This only adds to this idea of a grace period and takes away from the challenge. But once again, hunger isn't exactly an issue to begin with.

I don't think you should be given food at all, it's already easy enough to find some anyways. I'm not sure what the idea is trying to achieve in the long run.

Posted Mar 29, 2020
  6. While I can understand your interest to an extent, I'm not sure this is actually the best plan of action. As a few individuals have stated before me, part of the game is meant to be gathering resources (including food) and I'm not sure what taking that away would accomplish in terms of practical gameplay improvements.

Additionally, as I'm sure you're aware of it's a lengthy process for Mineplex to develop and push updates even when they're as seemingly simple as yours. Frankly, I'm just not entirely sure this would be worth the developer and testing resources required to bring it to fruition.

Posted Mar 29, 2020
  7. Honestly, this sounds like an amazing idea, but since I'm a fan of the traditional Survival Games I personally would like it to stay the way it is, change is always good but I feel like this change would make the game mode something completely different to what it is now.
    This though, brings me the idea of making your suggestion a whole new survival games game mode, something like the way there's solo survival games and at the same time team survival games, honestly would love to try playing your version of the game mode but I feel like the old one should stay as well, for the people who wanna play it the way it is, I hope you agree/understand my point, and I would really love to see this in future.

Posted Mar 29, 2020
  8. Every game requires skill to master. There are different aspects that you must practice to become better at the game. In dragon escape you need to practice where to use your leaps, in speed builders you have to figure out which blocks to place first to build it the fastest, etc. One of the things you need to practice in hunger games is looting. You find food from chests. This is a key component to the game. I am not a fan of the idea because it completely changes how the game works, in my opinion. Food is rather abundant for me, but this is only because I have practiced the game enough to know where I can find it.

If they were ever to change food, then I think they should increase the amount of food from chests. The whole point of survival games is that you start with nothing.

Posted Apr 1, 2020
  9. Food is abundant in chests and so, therefore, giving people free steak isn't necessary. If someone has such an issue finding any food so much so that they can't regen, then that is a player skill issue and they shouldn't be pandered to with handouts. It's for this reason that GI has concluded to deny this idea.

Not Planned - Denied by GI.

Posted May 4, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.