• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Space Game

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by MelonHead15, Dec 3, 2018.

1. MelonHead15

MelonHead15

SImilar to @Blastronaut360 https://www.mineplex.com/threads/new-nano-game-idea-microspace.12047/unread
    Idea
    My game will be similar to UHC so with plugins (if possible) it will be a modified version of the mod glacticraft your goal will be the first one to get to space if you are you will earn extra gems for that then for places 1,2,3 is just once you get to the moon it's the last one died after fighting with each other.

Edit----

So after recent discussion, this will be more of a minigame/nano game your goal will be to complete a set of challenges parkour/knowledge/combat and get items towards it to build your spaceship the items could be oxygen, swords, and bow (For combat) Once a game a random player will get a power up to use and sabotage a players spaceship. The kits will be something like extra oxygen and increased the chance to get the powerup.

Posted Dec 3, 2018,
    Last edited Dec 6, 2018 at 11:44 AM
  2. Lionatthezoo

Lionatthezoo

Hello,
    your idea is certainly interesting and I would be interested in the answers to the following questions -
    1 - What would the kits be
    2 - How many players would it have
    3 - Is PvP allowed
    4 - How do you collect resources
    Any more information you can provide about the idea would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Dec 3, 2018
  3. MelonHead15

MelonHead15

Hello,

1. This would be like UHC so there would be no kits.
    2. I think there would be up to 4 since this game takes a while from 30 minutes to an hour.
    3: Yes PVP is allowed.
    4: Like a regular Minecraft single player world.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 3, 2018
  4. Lionatthezoo

Lionatthezoo

Hmm, interesting. I am concerned that the game may take too long and players may get bored. Additionally what resources would be required to win the game. Also, what would the reward for winning be (i.e 500 gems)
    Also, any more information about the idea that you could provide would really help me visualise the idea better.

Posted Dec 3, 2018
  5. MelonHead15

MelonHead15

Okay, I could see about that but we could make this a clan style type game. So players wouldn't be bored and instead of it ending like that it's endless building bases conquering space stations planets etc.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 3, 2018
  6. Lionatthezoo

Lionatthezoo

Hello,
    this also is an interesting idea, however, this would require a full team and (just like clans) this would be very demanding for those who manage it. I feel that the aim would be to make it more of a mini-game. To do this we could have it more of a challenge game, where a player has to complete x amount of random challenges to get to a spaceship which allows them to win the game. Any suggestions you have also to make this more of a mini-game would be very intriguing.

Posted Dec 3, 2018
  7. MelonHead15

MelonHead15

The challenges idea sound like a good idea for example you have a team of 3 players in a walls map you find the diamond if you do you get oxygen tank then you would have to find a mob spawner then you get 1/3 of the rocket.

* I could very well see this being a challenges

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 3, 2018
  8. Lionatthezoo

Lionatthezoo

Hey,
    The idea is now starting to come together. If the game was a challenge based game in order to get certain spaceship parts then I think it could be beneficial to have kits in the game. I am interested in whether you have any suggestions for kits for the game. Also would there be any form of life system, for example if you fail a challenge you lose a life and if you lose all of your lives you are out of the game, this would make it so you could have 16 players in the game and at the end if there were more than 1 person at the spaceship there would just be a tiebreaker challenge to determine the winner.

Posted Dec 3, 2018
  9. MelonHead15

MelonHead15

Okay depending on what the challenges are here are my kit ideas you get either get a diamond sword/bow, extra oxygen.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 4, 2018
  10. Lionatthezoo

Lionatthezoo

Ok, so now to further develop the idea we need some 'challenge' ideas. I think we could have 10 challenges all about 2 minutes long (or so) and each one results in a particular part of the spaceship being rewarded. I have thrown some starting challenge ideas below and any you can add would be great. -

1 - Some form of parkour challenge which could cycle through a different map each time the game is played
    2 - A race to get to a spaceship part (not sure exactly how this would work)
    3 - Some form of mini pvp match

Posted Dec 4, 2018
  11. MelonHead15

MelonHead15

TH
    Those are all good

We could have a Knowledge game for an example what is the big bang what is a supernova.

To get each part it will basically just spawn the part in your base/area if your done/completed I have an idea one random player gets a power-up during a random time during the game but the player must use it as soon as they get it will partially or fully destroy part of their ship More challenges like parkour will be to get oxygen tank for your self bows and swords for combats and masks.
    --- Post updated ---
    The powerup could be kit which will increase the chance of you getting it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 6, 2018 at 11:40 AM
  12. AbsentAccount

AbsentAccount

Hello Melonhead15 and Lionatthezoo!
    Melonhead15 I have seen you post many ideas already, and I love that. You have many creative thoughts, keep it up!
    As for the game, I really enjoy the concept of it. I would definitely love to play this mini game. Here are some of my comments and suggestions.
    I picture this being one of the last challenges of getting into the space ship. (Possibly having another "boarding stage" or something of that sort where they check to make sure that the space ship is fully functional.) For the race, I would suggest it being like the Minecart Nano Game, where players are riding an animal (probably a sheep) and they have to race to the Space Ship because their base is under attack by aliens? This way players are forced to complete challenges in a timely manner, and it keeps the game moving.
    Once they are on the sheep they have to use the gold blocks in the floor as boosts to get to their ship quickly. Also, in terms of the map layout for this specific stage, it could look similar to an airport terminal where the "horizontal escalators" make you go faster. This challenge could take about 15-30 seconds to complete normally and players would be given about 45 seconds to make it to the next stage, where they are safe from the aliens for at least a short amount of time. Players would see a big metal shutter come down behind them to hold off the aliens for a specific amount of time while they try to complete the next stage and escape the aliens again. With this concept, players would only have one life, since aliens are not just going to reset and give the players a second chance.
    I would love to see a game like this introduced. Have a great day!

Posted Dec 8, 2018 at 3:09 PM
  13. MelonHead15

MelonHead15

I could see this but to me this seems combo of nano games we already have.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 8, 2018 at 6:38 PM