• 460 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8898 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Sorry SG friends :[

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jango_55, Oct 8, 2019 at 10:56 PM.

1. I haven't been working on my map in a while. Yet I just started back up! I was Build Fatigued. Guess that's what happens when you work on an SG map by yourself.

Posted Oct 8, 2019 at 10:56 PM
  2. Hey there,

I'm glad to see that you're putting some time towards making an SG map! We haven't gotten a map in a very long time so I'm excited to see a potential new map on the server! It's alright that it's taking you a while as SG maps are super super huge, so I recommend you contact some friends who would want to help you with the build, perhaps anyone who's interested who can lend a hand!

Moving to Off Topic

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 12:29 AM
  3. Heya

It's honestly great that you're attempting to make a map for SG. It is the hardest gamemode to make a map for, so I am very excited to see what the finished product will look like.
    However, I do have a couple of suggestions that you should probably take into consideration before continuing:

Please, make sure you read the guidelines for SG (https://www.mineplex.com/threads/survival-games.90/). SG maps are huge compared to other maps on the network, so if you don't know what qualities does one SG map need to get passed, there would most likely be bigger issues after MAP or MTT sub-team(s) request the fixes. It is important to design your map first before you start building anything, such as terrain, where structures/organics will be, etc.

As Arjun has suggested, why not bring some of your friends to help you? It is a map that takes a lot of effort, creativity, and time to do, and gameplay matters for SG as well. If you feel like this should be your solo-project, then sure, but it will take you a lot more time and effort to finish the map.

I hope your submission goes well, I'm glad to see so many people submitting these great maps for our network! Good luck and have fun while building!

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 10:49 AM
  4. Just here to wish you luck on the map. I think I remember you mentioning it a little while back.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 10:58 AM
    Jango_55 likes this.