• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10510 Players Online
  • 7620 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Something is different when being "shocked."

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by Qwop Expert, Jul 23, 2020.

1. I dont know if its my shader pack which was recently updated, but the way shocking behaves has changed very slightly giving more of an advantage to the shocker.

Im not exactly sure what it is, but I have always been able to very slightly follow where the shocker is going, while my screen is very dark and shaking while being shocked and stunned. Now its been going completely black, or completely black for longer...

Anyone else notice this? Maybe specifically on PC? I am gonna try downgrading my shader but id rather keep it.

Posted Jul 23, 2020
  2. Heyyo~

Usually, issues involving black screens are related to texture packs and/or shader packs, so this could be a possibility. The easiest way to see if this is the case is the remove the shader pack for a few games and see if the issue persists. Another possible reason could be optifine, since some issues do happen when optifine specifically is installed. If that is the case, you could try changing some settings to see if that fixes the issue.

Have a great day! If you have any further questions/concerns feel free to PM me!

Posted Jul 23, 2020
  3. Hihi,

I was giving my opinion because of this~
    If my assumptions were wrong, then I apologize.

Posted Jul 23, 2020
    Ruffybear likes this.
  4. Well it’s easy to 1 look and see this guy has a bedrock account, and 2 you can see that it’s in the bedrock forum.

Posted Jul 23, 2020
  5. Just to update it is the shader pack ESBE 2G. It was recently updated to 5.0 and this made the shocking effects totally black for about 1-2 seconds longer. 4.3 is okay.

Just in case anyone uses this awesome shader (which you should be).

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 2, 2020
  6. I actually noticed it without the shader, it seems to also slow you down slightly longer. I only played a few rounds so I’m not 100% sure yet.

Posted Aug 2, 2020
    Qwop Expert likes this.
  7. Oh thats just great to hear

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 4, 2020
  8. Yep the spamming speeding hiders get more of an advantage lovely

Posted Aug 4, 2020
  9. None of the new people are gonna see it. They are gonna think that its normal. Hopefully this stays on the DL for now, but Mineplex should really look at this, should they want to keep the games faithful to how they have been.
    Its busted. I cant see names anymore. It was never totally black, even hiding tags now and I have always been able to track while being shocked. It wasnt my pack, its just my pack has a light and darkening effects whether your in a shadow or darker area\biome.

Take a look Mineplex! This can potentially destroy the balance in games that have been tested tough for a decade. Not just saying this because it effects me either, it is a minimal bother right now. Has potential to lopside the game though.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 5, 2020
  10. To be honest tags shouldn’t be on the hiders at all since it creates unfair targeting/mercy (between friends). It’s also a dead giveaway for a hider hiding as an animal on the ground.

Posted Aug 5, 2020
  11. Yeah I dont really use them unless im recording a cheater. Lately they have been much better accepting with the log as tag evidence, which is something they absolutely have to do. I agree the tag could go, but you dont really notice it until its too late for the animal anyway.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 5, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  12. Yea and also they need to fix animal heads since that’s a dead giveaway oh who’s who

Posted Aug 5, 2020
  13. animal heads are part of the game.

-If you arent "acting" like the animal you are usually looking down, dead giveaway

-if you are hiding near a mob animal in a block or something, the animal(s) will always "look up" and face you, dead giveaway... this even works through walls so you can tell if someone is inside

These are part of the game. If people dont wanna act like the animal they are hiding as, they gonna die.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 6, 2020
  14. No that’s not part of the game. Having to act like an animal is, they shouldn’t look at you and you shouldn’t have to angle your head properly these were fixed on java and probably will be changed on bedrock in another 5 years.

Posted Aug 6, 2020
  15. Watching other animals mobs got me 3 kills today. They look right at the hider. Might not be part of the game, but it works.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 7, 2020