• 1117 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12594 Players Online
  • 11477 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Someone is trying to set me up for ban

Discussion in 'Help' started by Alcuhmy, Feb 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, my ign is Alcuhmy and I've almost never used mineplex forum before but I have played mineplex a lot for the past couple years and unfortunately my little brother stumbled upon another person by the discord name of Sammyy#1842 who said in chat that he won a minecraft account giveaway. He was really happy to get another account because, well, who wouldn't be? It's $26 for free! Unfortunately, some strings were attached to this giveaway. The main purpose he was going to use the account for was to trick some friends but once he logged in, he got another message from Sammy saying that his main account, Alcuhmy, was going to get banned for "ban evasion". Although, he was never evading any kind of ban but the person said that he has tipped off the mods since Sammy's previous main account (the alt he gave away to my little brother) was also used by previous people who have hacked. I really wanted to hear from the mods or admins about this issue whether he will get banned or not. He never did anything wrong and was completely oblivious to the alt account. We also have screenshots of the discord chat. I also wanted to see if there was a way to ip ban this person since he claimed that that alt account was his past main. Thank you.

Posted Feb 24, 2021
  2. I'm sorry to hear about this experience! First off, I highly recommend never taking free things or things that seem "too good to be true" from people in the Mineplex chat, or anywhere online as much of the time they will be scams like this. However, fortunately, ban evasion is not punishable as long as you're not arguing your punishment, as per the rules @ www.mineplex.com/rules. Additionally, if you have screenshots of this (in in-game Mineplex chat), I encourage you to report them @ www.mineplex.com/report and to look over the reporting guide as this does fall under Unapproved Transactions which could get them punished. To answer your last question, we don't IP ban so unfortunately, no we cannot. Since your question has been answered I'll be locking this thread. Feel free to message me with any more concerns!

Thread Locked; Concern Addressed

Posted Feb 24, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.