• 1311 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2023 Players Online
  • 712 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Some suggestions for christmas chaos 2019

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Comrad_Pepe, Nov 20, 2019.

?

Should these be put in consideration

1. yah

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. nah

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Since the holiday season is approaching I thought I might as well give some suggestions.

1. Please please please fix the spider thing from last year. I remember playing the game last year, and holy crap the cave part was hard. When you reach the part where you dig a path for Santa, the spider spawn rate is absolutely insane. These spiders will swarm you and if you get cornered, there's no way you can fight them all and you'll basically a goner. Without any special moves or anything, defeating these spiders is incredibly hard. I've heard people say to not collect the presents but every round there's some noob who will collect it, and even if you don't touch the presents there are still billions and billions of spiders. My suggestion would be to nerf the spider spawn rate so it would actually be possible to pass the level, cause last year it wasn't very enjoyable because of the spiders.

2. Make the player count higher. Last year I remember that the player count was six people. This isn't enough in my opinion because someone will either quit, die, or be afk in the beginning. Having very few players makes it practically impossible to beat the spider part. Even if you get past that part, someone might do a dumb move and fall of the rainbow bridge, leaving you with even fewer teammates. My suggestion would be to raise the player count by one or two people, this way it won't be that big of a deal when you lose a player.

3. Maybe make both Christmas chaos' available to play. I remember one year both Halloween horror and pumpkin's revenge was available in the lobby, so it would be great to have both Christmas chaos one and two in the lobby.

Anyway, these are some of my suggestions for this year's holiday game. Please feel free to leave your opinions down below :)

Posted Nov 20, 2019
  2. You've brought up a lot of different ideas here, so I'm going to respond to each individually.

Personally, I don't see this as an issue. While I definitely agree that the amount of spiders makes the game difficult, this is intentional, as the game is meant to be challenging. Making seasonal games like Christmas Chaos difficult actually increases the longevity of the games, as the harder they are to beat, the more time people put into playing them. If Christmas Chaos was easy to beat, most players would simply beat it first try, get their reward(s), and stop playing until it is back the following year. So yes, the spiders are rather challenging, but I believe that this challenge is part of what makes the game fun to play.

In the same vein of my response above, I believe that having a small player limit adds to the challenge of the game, which ultimately makes beating it more rewarding and enjoyable. I think that the current player limit is actually quite well balanced for this particular game. Furthermore, I definitely acknowledge that players leaving, being AFK, or being generally less proficient at the game can be issues, this is easily solved by queuing with friends or other competent players. If you are ever looking for new players to play with, our #call-for-arms channel on the Mineplex Discord is a great place to start.

I don't particularly like this idea, because it would split players between the two versions of the game, lowering each games player count and potentially increasing the time before the games would start due to lack of players. Christmas Chaos II was made as a replacement/updated version of the original, so it wouldn't make sense to bring it back in addition to having the second version as well. While sometimes adding a secondary game during an event works well, such as the temporary reintroduction of Alien Invasion alongside Area 51 Raid, this just wouldn't work in this situation because the two versions of Christmas Chaos are far too similar.

Posted Nov 20, 2019
  3. Hello!

Although, I commend you for sharing your ideas. I do not believe that they are absolutely necessary. I never saw the spider spawn rate as an issue. Rather, more of a challenge. I also never saw the player count as a problem either. Six is a good number to play the game with. This creates a challenge for all six players playing, and also creates an individual role for each player. Finally, having both Christmas Chaos I and II would not make any sense to me. The second version is an updated version from the first game, just like stated above me. Stating these components. I give this idea a -1.

Posted Nov 20, 2019