• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6718 Players Online
  • 3828 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Some SSM Nerfs/Buffs

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by TekMonkeyJr, Jun 7, 2020.

1. This is my first time asking for buffs and nerfs to anything. (Note that all of this is my opinion and I haven't played a lot of SSM for most of these suggestions to be agreeable. Especially since I don't have Sir. Sheep and Villager)

But without further ado, here are some needed Nerfs/Buffs for SSM kits. (Also note that not all kits will be covered and I won't be specific with most changes)

Snowman

Blizzard - Also creates the slow effect when hit with it. Move changes into a rapid fire minigun, (like the Blaze's Inferno ability) when midair.

Ice Path - There's another layer under the first one and it comes out faster.

Wither Skeleton

New Passive: Withering - Direct hits with the Guided Wither Skull cause the Wither effect. Instead of doing damage overtime, you are able to do more damage attacking for 3 seconds. The damage increase applies to the Wither Image as well.

Creeper

Sulpher Bomb - Has increased cooldown from 3 sec - 5 sec

Explode - Cooldown starts after the explosion and has decreased cooldown from 8 sec - 7 sec

Zombie

Corrupted Arrow - Has only 4 levels.

Death's Grasp - Hitting it successfully has a 2 sec cooldown instead of a 0 sec cooldown

Wolf

Cub Tackle - You get slowed for 2 seconds instead of 5 seconds

(Wolf and Spider have the same mechanic when jumping so I think it should say the same for Wolf)

Skeleton Horse

Bone Rush - The animation, sound cue, and attack all end at the same time

Well that was all my thoughts on those 6. What do you guys think?

Posted Jun 7, 2020
  2. I actually agree with the majority of this thread, however, I think Snowman is fine the way he is right now. Skeletal Horse needs a whole rework in my opinion, and I would rather see an entirely new Skeletal Horse than just an edit to Bone Rush. Your thoughts on Zombie are pretty accurate; I agree with them as well.

On paper though, I feel as though Withering would be too strong, but Wither Skeleton is a niche mob already so maybe this will brighten his playstyle a bit. I feel as though Wolf would be too weak so maybe 3 seconds instead of 2 for the Cub Tackle.

It should also be noted that Wolf doesn't have the same leap as Spider, they are different and that is apparent, although they both move at roughly the same height and have similar velocity.

Anywhoo, nice thread, just tweak some things in my opinion and that would make for some good nerfs/buffs.

Posted Jun 7, 2020
    xEspe0n and TekMonkeyJr like this.
  3. Pretty much agree with everything here. I haven't played Snowman or Wither Skeleton so I can't say much about them, but do think Wither Skeleton needs a buff from previously fighting against it. Wolf definitely needs a nerf on Cub Tackle; 5 seconds is an extremely long time to be held down and needs to be reduced.

Posted Jun 7, 2020
    TekMonkeyJr likes this.
  4. Snowman eats your hp if used correctly, doesn’t require any changes besides removing the 7 damage buff

Posted Jun 7, 2020