• 1933 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4017 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

SOME MIGHT FIND THIS OFFENSIVE

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Kiaye, Oct 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't see how the only reports that get attention is filter bypass or rude warning instead of the reports about hackers. Which isn't fair. We have 50 + Mods and they don't respond to not one report when it comes to people who's hacking. Then the people who party with hackers isn't fair either; but you mods are quick to respond to a "comment" so someone can get mute.

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  2. Are you talking about reports like /report or staff request? There aren't 50 staff members on at a time ever from what I have seen because of their schedule irl probably. That makes it hard for them to respond to every single report. There is also no system that mutes people being toxic or bypassing the filter while there is one for hackers. Therefore, people hacking aren't always their top priority.

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  3. Kiaye just be patient. I know sometimes you might get annoyed but, they do have a hard job believe it or not. Just be patient and hopefully they will respond to you so shortly!

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  4. I get my hacker reports accepted within 24 hours all the time so idk what you're talking about.

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  5. Yo!
    Firstly, not every staff member checks the /reports, however, quite a ton of us do. The reason chat reports get dealt with quickly is due to it being easier to process where as hacking reports require us to deeply investigate the suspect which does consume a ton of time & sometimes the player is offline and we have to see if they log on again etc. I myself like to balance the /reports I process, so if I do 30 chat reports I try to do 30 hacking reports as-well. I would like to note that, sometimes staff may not be available when you report a player because being a staff member requires us to help-out in a lot of areas of Mineplex not to strictly do /reports. I do understand why you are upset over it, but I suggest recording the suspect and reporting it on our website at www.mineplex.com/reports since those will be reviewed quickly by our RP (Reports Patrol) team.

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  6. Unfortunately, it is true that /reports for hacking offenses usually take longer than chat reports. The report queue for hacking offenses is always filled with "bad" reports. When I go through reports, only about 50-60% are reports result in a player receiving a punishment. This is because the player is either reported for reach (which is only handled by QA), or they don't appear to be hacking. Since players can easily toggle hacks, we have to watch for a while to make sure that they're not just turning them on and off to avoid being caught. There is also a high volume of them. Hacking reports are checked though, so please be patient, and thank you for taking the time to create them.

Chat reports are answered much, much quicker than hacking reports. They can be handled in Staff-1, all the evidence is provided in one nice neat place, we don't have to hunt anyone down, and if there isn't enough evidence the report can be quickly rejected since all the evidence is already there. I see where you're coming from, but there is rarely a time where I don't see reports being handled.

Every moderator is not online at the exact same time, as we all have our own lives and responsibilities. There is a more efficient way to deal with hackers than /report though (though reporting does help). Assuming you're not already in the community, I would highly recommend joining it; StaffRequest is a community which is used to ask staff questions/report players from anywhere on the server. To request to join, type /com request StaffRequest and your request will be reviewed shortly. Once you're accepted, you'll receive a notification in chat and you can begin talking in the community with the /com chat StaffRequest command and use "!" before your message. There are, however, guidelines to this community to keep in mind. Almost every staff member is in the community, so incoming reports are almost always responded to quicker than /reports. You are not guaranteed to get a response in the community, but it's usually pretty quick.

As always, you can create a forum report against the appropriate player at www.mineplex.com/reports. I would recommend reading the reporting guide before creating a report; please note that hacking reports require video evidence. Forum reports are guaranteed to be responded to, unlike /reports.

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  7. Hey!

@Glamourized has perfectly summed up this situation in his post above. I suggest you read it as it does clear up a lot of things that you have said. If you have any more questions, send either of us a PM.

Thread Locked - Concern Addressed

Posted Oct 14, 2019
    Glamourized and Jocoe like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.