• 2732 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8213 Players Online
  • 5481 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Some Ideas on Cake Wars

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Soulless98, Apr 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recently I've been playing cake wars a ton. It was mostly to just try it out at first but then I got hooked on it as it is very helpful on leveling.

Aside from that, from my time playing on Cake Wars recently there are always the few teams that go under the map. By the time you can even attempt to get them between protecting your own cake and getting others' the cakes get destroyed and they've already set up a little base under their island or the main island. My friends and I have tried to reach them under the maps by scaling the side of the islands carefully but at a certain point you can't reach the blocks anymore to get lower without dying. An idea that I'd like to propose to possibly fix/prevent that is if you're under the map too long you start taking damage. I've already seen this in Hive and it works magnificently so much so that it's kind of annoying. As of right now I can't think of any way that this would hinder regular playing of this game as most of the action goes on at mid, emerald points or islands.

Another idea I've already seen from other forum posts that seems to be in the works is a tracking compass, so yay! Don't have to spend too much time on that topic heheh.

The last thing I'd like to propose which some players are going to have very different opinions on is possibly a timer. The max time I believe that any game goes on is around 20 minutes. However, in game I may just be losing track of time, but the time after the cakes get destroyed at once seems to be much shorter than I remember and is very inconvenient. Plus I find the time after the cakes get destroyed to be a chance to take out another team who still had a cake, so by that time I'm trying to stack up on armor and any tools that could help me but before I have a chance to, time seems to run away from me and the game runs out of time. This could also be just because I wouldn't consider myself very experienced in this game as it is not my main, but it would just be more convenient to have some track of time within the game. I can also understand how some people would get anxious about the game if there was a timer that they could see, but for some others like me you could plan accordingly to how much time is left rather than making a rash decision and dying right after the cakes get destroyed. Also don't worry, I can completely understand if this idea isn't thought well of, I'm just throwing it out there and not expecting it to be thought highly of.

Alright, thank you for coming to my ted talk. I hope these two ideas get taken into consideration and are thought upon carefully. I look forward to the feedback!

Posted Apr 16, 2021
    Mothy likes this.
  2. I like these ideas. The timer thing has been suggested before as well, therefore I won't give an opinion. I really like your first idea though. I main micro battles as you know, but I have played cakewars quite a lot and people do tend to hide under the map which can be extremely frustrating and it delays the game longer than it needs to. Hive does have that thing where if you're too low, you start taking damage. I would like something like this to come into play for cakewars maps. It can be even worse if people hide under these maps with bows too. Overall I give a +1 for this idea, great suggestion!

Posted Apr 16, 2021
  3. Posted Apr 16, 2021
  4. Oh pog! I guess what I’ve proposed has already been thrown out there haha. Well, nice to know and I’ll look over the other post. I just skimmed over it before replying to this and there were already other ideas I didn’t mention because it didn’t come to me at the time. Well thanks!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 16, 2021
    IWantACookiieee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.