• 271 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1474 Players Online
  • 1203 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Solo mode in Cake Wars

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by TheSwordLord33, May 12, 2019.

1. Hello Mineplex, I was just wondering if, for the next Cake Wars update, you could add a Solo Mode please? I'm sure lots of players would enjoy is new mode as well, so could you please keep this in mind for the next update?

- TheSwordLord33
    --- Post updated ---
    Hello Mineplex, I was just wondering if, for the next Cake Wars update, you could add a Solo Mode please? I'm sure lots of players would enjoy this new mode as well, so could you please keep this in mind for the next update please?

Posted May 12, 2019
  2. This has been suggested before and I, among others, did not agree. It’s hard enough sometimes to find a duos game and having 3 game modes for one game usually does not go well in finding games despite popularity. I feel there is no reason to wear it out and we should keep it as is. This is a -1 from me

Posted May 12, 2019
  3. Hey! As said above it's been suggested before and hasn't been implemented. I would love for solo cake wars however there isn't enough demand for a solo game mode, maybe in the future if cake wars gathers more players it can be introduced but right now it doesn't look likely.

Posted May 12, 2019
  4. I’ve seen a lot of suggestions recently and in the past for Cake Wars, but unfortunately this probably won’t happen soon. If we added a whole another gamemode to Cake Wars, it would most likely split up the playerbase/community. If we gained more and more players in the future, I could definitely see this as a possibility, and would be something I would enjoy personally as well! I’m not incharge of new updates regarding Cake Wars but I hope to see a Solo Cake Wars gamemode in the future. I’d also like to state that similar ideas for implementing a Solo Gamemode for CW has been denied before. Have a good day!

Edit: I’ve just realized this was a suggestion for Bedrock CakeWars but my point still stands. Hopefully in the future, we can implement something like this but at the moment I don’t see enough demand for a Solo version of Cake Wars on Bedrock.

Posted May 13, 2019,
    Last edited May 13, 2019
    DietSnowLOL likes this.
  5. In order for a Solo Cake Wars to happened, we must have a lot of players interested into it. Unfortunately, We don't have much players in the server. In all honestly, a Solo Cake Wars is a quick game so I can see it becoming a gamemode in the near future. But as of now, Standard Cake Wars is the way to go! Good luck on your games!

Posted May 13, 2019
  6. Hi hi!

On the bedrock server, we already have 2 versions of cakewars, Duos, in which 8 teams of 2 face off, and regular where 4 teams of 4 face off. To add solo mode, it would become more like survival games in a sense where individual players would face each-other in a battle to the death, except you can respawn until your cake has been eaten, plus upgrades and islands. While i would play this game, there arent too too many players who play duos, its mostly teams so I dont think this feature will be added anytime soon, but as the playerbase grows, more games and features are always added, so its a definite possibility!

Posted May 13, 2019
  7. It would probably have more popularity if they removed duos and added solo

Posted May 13, 2019
    DietSnowLOL likes this.
  8. ^

Posted May 13, 2019
    Jango_55 and cerns like this.
  9. Hi there!

Personally I don't really feel like this would fit so well on Bedrock. Main reason for this is that people overall play way more Regular than Duos currently. This would mean that players are split up even more and could leave a game mode with no players at certain times. You have to remember, a lot of players that play the bedrock addition actually play on mobile devices which therefore puts them at such a disadvantage against people who for example play on Windows 10.

Players on Bedrock don't try so hard as they do on Java. I think this would fit way better on Java as it would encourage strategies like rushing etc more. On bedrock however, a lot of players depend on their team mates. A lot of times I play cake wars on Bedrock and some players don't even leave their islands. A lot of these players choose to defend their cakes rather than playing aggressively and I feel like a solo game mode would cater more to aggressive play style players.

Posted May 13, 2019
  10. Hey there!
    I honestly don't think that there should be a version of solo cake wars. I think it would be an extremely fast-paced game with no real time to experience the hardship of collecting emeralds and etc. unless map changes were made in order to satisfy time. I think the game's mechanics should be altered to satisfy this new solo experience which is itself a pain to redo and alter the coding. If this were to be added, I feel like it would contradict the idea of the game where teamwork is a priority.

Cake Wars right now delivers an excellent balance of teamwork and time and honestly just sticks to the common expectation of the game around the servers. So unfortunately, I'd have to disagree with adding a completely new solo mode that would honestly end up very similar to Skywars itself. Now, I understand skywars has an incredibly different system to where players go and attack rather than protect, but I think in this case it would narrow down the differences of the two games in some way and would revoke any encouragement for team efforts.

Posted May 13, 2019
  11. I wish this could be added, but the thing is we need more players. If this was implemented before the demand was met, games would take longer to fill.

Plus this should be moved to Game Alterations (Hopefully Im not Mini Modding)

Posted May 15, 2019