• 760 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9198 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Solo/Duo Server?

Discussion in 'Clans' started by CwRw, Jun 19, 2019.

1. So recently I have been playing on smaller servers due to the main complaint of "On (Blank Clans Server)" it is all just gank fights. To combat this issue I had the idea of "what if clans had a solo or duo server?" The premise of this would be closely related to how some HCF servers do their seasons with having a smaller cap on members in their faction. The problem that I see is allies, though if the allies would be lowered for a solo or duo to say 1 or 2 I think it would really make clans interesting. Also, this "Duo/solo" server would be a whole other clans server and it would still allow people who liked to play with all their friends to play with them. This was just a quick idea so if you have any ideas to add on feel free to post them in the comments!

Posted Jun 19, 2019
    Jonqir and Vraz like this.
  2. Hey, CwRw!

I agree with your "Duo Server" idea. I'd say there would be one ally and it would be a hardcore server. I've logged onto servers before and seeing a lot of members of one Clan on at once and that gets me thinking - "Man, they'll dominate."

A conflict that I can see though - the Charleston Wither Raid. It strongly suggests more than two players to complete it. I guess you could do it with your ally though, however I'm not sure if that's something the Duo Clan would want to do.

I'm excited to read what others have to say about your idea. Thanks for suggesting this, and I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Posted Jun 19, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 19, 2019
    l5v and Xion like this.
  3. Just adjust Charles witherton to be easier on the duo server? Change the max number of participants to 6, remove / change the torch lighting room, adjust number / dmg of mobs spawning, and decrease witherton health. Obviously this would have to be adjusted to ensure that difficulty is correct.

Posted Jun 20, 2019
  4. I've not played clans in a while but this sounds like a great idea, it would definitely solve the issue of 2 or 3 massive clans being allied. If Mineplex were to add this I would definitely check out clans again.

Posted Jun 20, 2019
  5. I absolutely agree with this. A Duo/Solo server would be interesting and fun. However I wouldn’t know how to defeat the Charles Witherton raid singularly or with a duo partner. But, there are allies so I think they could come into play as well. This is a great idea overall.

-JYTG

Posted Jun 20, 2019
  6. Hello-

I do like the idea of a server with a shorter clan member cap. It makes the game more interesting and not dominated by massive clans. However I do not think it should be 1-2 but instead 3, because in order to smoothly do a CW Raid you need 3 people at least.
    If you have a group of experienced people for a raid-
    1 : Impossible without hacks
    2 : Extreme
    3 : Hard
    4 : Medium
    5+ : Easy
    ------

I also believe that the ally equation should be changed as well, maybe to something like this:
    1 Person - 3 Allies
    2 People - 2 Allies
    3 People - 1 Ally
    ----
    This is so solos still won't get wiped out because they can ally more people, and so trio clans can't easily dominate with friends.

I hope that if a clans server like this happens in the future it won't die out, because there would most likely be 1 and only 1 server limited like that. I used to play in duos / trios all the time, sadly now it is much harder because bigger clans merged with each other ex: (Clanless ; Therapists - Merciless ; Geico, etc) and constantly have 11 people online.

Posted Jun 20, 2019
  7. This seems like a great idea, what I've always noticed is that while clans is a fun game, it loses half or more of the people who play it when they can't gain anything due to the massive clans that fight as 10 people by capping the clan limit at two or three people I believe clans would stay a much more active game. I've been thinking of something similar but never actually put in this amount of effort to get it made. I'm behind this idea.

Posted Jun 30, 2019
  8. l5v
    x

I think this is a great idea but people would overcome this with trucing with people, and like everyone else was saying the witherton would have to be adjusted to this new game mode.

Posted Jul 1, 2019
  9. Well as you say people COULD overcome this with trucing but it would still help as when fighting as a group friendly fire would potentially kill them. We could also have trucing as against the rules on these servers.

Posted Jul 3, 2019