• 1607 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10045 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Solo Cakewars

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by duckv, Jul 8, 2019.

?

Solo Cakewars

1. yes

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. nope

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have been recently thinking about solo cakewars and if they might add it soon. I came here to spread my idea of it, is the idea worthy of succeeding to become one. Of course, most people might disagree since this is one of the only servers that doesn't have its main mini-game as a solo/duo/standard. Instead its duo/standard. Which I totally get but I'm hoping to succeed or play alone in a game on this server. Since I have been solo in duos game lately thought might as well share my thought about it. There could be issues that the staff team thinks about because of course there are hackers that might try and ruin it. Pros and cons that decided against it. But I wanted to bring up the idea of adding solo cakewars. Because it sounds like a good idea in my head.

Tell me what you think:)
    -duck

Posted Jul 8, 2019
  2. As I’ve said in another thread already, this idea has been denied previously by LT. To give you the short and simple explanation, adding another gamemode would potentially split up the playerbase/community in Cake Wars, causing fewer games to fill up which is a bit of an issue. I understand many players would like to see this gamemode added to Cake Wars but I don’t see enough demand for it at the moment. I don’t think we’re going to replace Duos with Solos anytime soon. In my opinion, Cake Wars is more suitable as a team game. You work together with your teammates to fight other teams and there are various strategies used in this gamemode, along with it being very competitive as well. My point being is that Cake Wars honestly wouldn’t be as fun if you’re by yourself. With this, I also see a bit of an issue with camping. Unfortunately, this will be a -1 from me as it has been discussed recently and in the past and has been denied plenty of times. Here is my full explanation on another thread if you’d like to see:

This has been discussed and has unfortunately been denied along with many other ideas suggesting the same thing. The reasoning being that adding another gamemode to almost any game on the network (Cake Wars in this case) could split up the playerbase/community. As of right now, this wouldn’t be a smart move for a couple of reasons. Adding this would prevent games from filling up as often, would increase camping, etc. To me, Cake Wars is a Team game. It’s very competitive in many ways and the game simply doesn’t work as well if you’re by yourself. You work together with your teammates to defend and attack other teams. That’s just me but as for the other reasons above, this is a -1 from me. Even if we tried this out, we can’t really predict what will happen exactly but it’ll most likely split up the playerbase. We don’t have any intentions of replacing Duos with Solos as well.

Here are some other threads that have been denied with the same idea:
    TL;DR This idea has been discussed and denied in the past. The reasoning is that adding another gamemode would split up and divide the existing playerbase.

I also included some links in my spoiler to other cake wars solo threads if you’re interested. Anyway, have a good day. That being said, since the same idea has been denied in the past, I will be locking the thread and will mark it as Not Planned. PM me if you have any questions.

Thread Locked - Not Planned

Posted Jul 8, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 8, 2019
  3. Heyo!

I would love to see solo Cake Wars, but I have to agree with @Shaiym. Adding solo Cake Wars could cause duos and normal to have fewer players and those who want to play duo or normal could be waiting a long time before playing a game. For me it's a 0 I would like to see it be added but I can understand the problems that could occur.

Posted Jul 8, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.