• 390 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 390 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

solo cakewars

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by lvdo, Oct 29, 2020.

?

Should solo cw be a thing?

1. yes

73.3%
  2. no

26.7%
  1. i dont think i really need to explain this one, but it has to happen, 8 teams, 8 cakes, 8 players
    maybe slightly smaller maps than the ones we have for 4s and duos, but i would really like to see mineplex implement this

Posted Oct 29, 2020
  2. Hey!

I have seen lots of people suggest this recently. I am not completely against this idea, I feel like it would help the problem with parties ruling the games on CW. It would most likely fall into obscurity and only have a small-ish playerbase however, similar to duos. It would be cool for a beta version of CW Solo to be released at some point, just so that the admins can determine whether or not it would be suitable as a full-time gamemode. Hope this idea really gets considered!

+0.5

Posted Oct 29, 2020,
    Last edited Oct 29, 2020
  3. Hey.

I have mixed opinions on this gamemode for Mineplex. To start, I think this gamemode would be a good way to avoid parties grinding for wins. Currently, there are parties in almost every lobby grinding for wins. However, if this variation of the gamemode was introduced there wouldn't be parties in this variation of cakewars which could make it easier for newer players or players who are just trying to play casually since they won't have to deal with parties grinding for wins. Of course, people will still go for leaderboard stats in solos but it's just one person instead a party of 2 or 4 players. Solo cakewars could also add something new to the current cakewars gamemode and provide a new experience for the playerbase. However, the topic of "Will the playerbase of solo cakewars have enough players for implementing this new mode to be worth it?" See, this is where I'm going to start moving into the possible downsides we might see with the addition of this gamemode. If the dev team does decide to implement this addition to cakewars, how many players will actually play solo cakewars, and for how long? The new gamemode might spike in popularity when it first releases but could possibly die off in popularity as the new gamemode ages like most games do (even games outside of Minecraft experience this). It might not be worth it if the gamemode has a short lifespan or doesn't gain any traction from the playerbase at all. Another downside that implementing solo cakewars could see is that even though there won't be parties of people grinding, there is a 90% chance that there will still be players grinding for the leaderboards in solo cakewars. As I mentioned earlier, at least it isn't a whole party of 4 people grinding which is a benefit to this gamemode. However, if you have multiple people who are grinding wins in a lobby (3-4 people) then it could possibly put the casual players at even more of a disadvantage. This is due to the fact that they are by themselves and have to rely on themselves and don't have any teammates who they can share the duties of protecting their bed, claiming generators, etc. They have to do all of this themselves. When there's 3-4 people in a lobby who are grinding they will probably rush the newer players to get as many kills and xp as possible saving the more skilled players for last due to the fact that they know they won't be as "easy" to kill as casual players. Also, other servers across the Minecraft playerbase have solo bedwars with a significant amount of popularity. Mineplex could possibly see this but the question I have is "Will this bring any new players to Mineplex or will it just attract the Mineplex playerbase?". This is important because the gamemode will have a significantly higher player count if players from other servers come to Mineplex. However, if the new gamemode doesn't attract that many players to Mineplex then I wonder how many players currently on Mineplex would be willing to play solo bedwars frequently over the game they currently play a lot of. If you want to implement a new version to this gamemode, there's a lot to think about and you have to really think about if it will actually be worth it. I'm still unsure if this gamemode should be implemented, there's a lot of if statements. Personally, I would play solo cakewars but I'm not sure if it would be worth it for Mineplex in the long-run. However, that's just my opinion feel free to prove me wrong - I'm open to suggestions and a debate here.

Edit: Oh wow I didn't even realize I wrote this much, I didn't realize I had so much to say haha.

Posted Oct 29, 2020
    Fusafez likes this.
  4. Posted Oct 29, 2020
    Fusafez likes this.
  5. Like I have said to everyone with this opinion solo cake wars is not coming unfortunately but duel mode is coming in 2021 so there is something you can look forward to!

Posted Oct 29, 2020
  6. Hey there!

Im not sure that solo cake wars is totally counted out. It could still be a possibility with the removal of duos or something so that player base isn't divided.

I haven’t heard any news about a “duels mode” coming to java but it might be different for bedrock.

Posted Oct 29, 2020
  7. Personally, I think cake wars should stay in both duos and fours. Mineplex already has issues filling up games and adding more options for one game will make it even harder to find a game. While other servers can get away with it, I don't think Mineplex can.

(Throwback to when ideas team pitched this to the discord server 7 months ago)
    [​IMG]

Posted Oct 29, 2020
  8. what an interesting idea that has never been suggested before? +1 for some ingenuity, I wish I was as smart as you. I praise you're the saint

Posted Oct 29, 2020
    Offline and xGetRekted like this.
  9. I'm sure their gonna deny this because they don't want to "split the community", though I am not sure! This idea has never been suggested before so it'll be interesting to see what is said!

Posted Oct 29, 2020
  10. I wouldn't mind seeing a Cake Wars Solo if I'm being honest. A lot of people complain about getting pub stomped by a party of highly skilled players, and I feel like an option like this would balance that issue out. However, I'm not sure if it'll be added. There's the possibility that it'll split the playerbase even further which definitely isn't a good thing. It's also made to be a team game - you need someone protecting the cake while the other players go and capture beacons. It could be very difficult to pull that off by yourself. It's been suggested many times in the past, although the outcome is unknown.

Posted Oct 29, 2020
    CookieBilly and Anna ♡ like this.
  11. While I am a fan of this general idea, I feel it would be dividing the Cake Wars community too much. Games will take significantly longer to start due to their being three different choices to play the game. If Mineplex is able to make this successfully work without effecting the other game modes as much (Duos & Squads) this would be a great addition to the network. However, with the current circumstances, I am personally against this idea for now.

Posted Oct 30, 2020