• 110 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2140 Players Online
  • 2030 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Implemented Solo Cakewars?

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by JohnnyBoi_12345, Jun 23, 2020.

?

Should there be solo cakewars?

1. Yes

83.3%
  2. No

16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't know about y'all, but I feel like I will play a lot more if there was solo cakewars. I think it's a good idea. What about y'all?

Posted Jun 23, 2020
  2. Hello!

This is actually a lot of discussion at the moment within the Mineplex community. There have been numerous threads about this as well. I'm with you and the community on this one, Solo CW would allow for competitive gameplay, and potentially hype up the game mode to the point where it becomes very popular.

Posted Jun 23, 2020
    JohnnyBoi_12345 likes this.
  3. I have seen a lot of posts about this and I think it’s something I would love to see implemented. I am put off playing cake wars due to the fact that people I play with don’t really play it and I want to be able to play it alone and it is sometimes hard because when playing games with team mates I like to have coms via discord at all times. But when I want to play alone I have to play with a duo. Making it quite hard for me to play so I think this would be a great idea and would encourage more people to play Cakewars. +1

Posted Jun 23, 2020
  4. Hello!

I really like this idea, especially since the popularity of Cakewars has been growing ever since it was released! Sometimes finding a duos/squads team is hard and adding a solo section of this game would add even more players to the mix, including me.

Thanks for the post!

Posted Jun 23, 2020
  5. Hey!
    There are a huge load of threads on this topic that I will link below.
    Thread 1
    Thread 2
    Thread 3
    Thread 4
    Thread 5
    These 5 threads have a lot of comments with different opinons that I definitely think is worth a look if you're interest in solo cw!
    A few of these threads have also been "In discussion" for a bit now as well!
    I have commented my opinons on all of these threads if you wanna check it out! However, here's a short summary from a previous post of mine:

"I personally think a solo cw mode would be amazing on this server and could be quite popular. I usually play with my friends in standard from time to time but, I usually play cw duos with one of my close friends. Without being said, I have most of my stats on duos and I prefer it over standard. My point being, I'm afraid that if cw solo's would get implemented, duos would be taken out. If I had the choice, I would suggest making solo's an additional game mode but I don't know if that would be possible because there may not be enough players for all three gamemodes. I know that if my friends weren't on, I would really enjoy playing this because I can be very competitive and I love getting to be a solo on duos from time to time. I also have played cw solo in MPS with a few of my friends and we loved it! However, this gamemode would take a lot of time to plan and get implemented because even though the game it self is developed, the staff would have to come up with new maps and how many solos there would be."
    Overrall, I'm pretty neutral on this idea because I think it could be fun but I don't want it to replace duos mode.

Posted Jun 23, 2020
    CrazyOfTim and 0775 like this.
  6. I completely understand. Most of my stats are on duos as well. However, I feel like if anything, solo would replace standard.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 23, 2020
  7. Solo cakewars sounds nice, the problem is that if it were added as a new game mode it would divide the cw player base too much. If a solo cw were to be added, itd most likely replace cw duos, and I’m a huge cw2 player. Because of that, -1 from me

Posted Jun 24, 2020
  8. Quite honestly, I would love to see Solo Cake Wars added. As a couple have said above me, it could divide the player base of Cake Wars since most people mainly play duos. If all modes stayed on the server and all received some attention, I would love to see it on the server. +0.5

Posted Jun 24, 2020
  9. There has been a lot of threads in the past about solo cakewars, but I have mixed opinions on it.

On one hand, solo cakewars would possibly bring in more players and attract more users to the cakewars community. Most of the players that play cakewars also really want a solo gamemode to be introduced as people don't always have friends to play with at any given time, or just want to play by themselves on their favourite game.

However, having 3 modes could split the community and wouldn't be beneficial. It could also die down some of the other games on Mineplex as players are migrating from other games to solo cakewars.

+0.5

Posted Jun 24, 2020
  10. I agree with this idea, but as others said it would take time to create new maps for solo cake wars and it would more than likely divide the cake wars player base.

Posted Jun 24, 2020
  11. Just so you know, if Solo is going to be added on the server, it would most likely be replacing Duos and not Standard as Standard is quite popular and most people would rather see Duos get replaced (for those in favor of adding a Solo mode).

As for my thoughts, I think it would be interesting to see a Solo mode. It would be a pretty neat addition and I know a lot of people requested it. A lot of people (including myself) like to solo-queue in Standard, and often times they're put with teammates who are quite new to the game or are straight-up AFK. A solo mode could help combat this problem.

However, Cake Wars is meant to be a team game. Assuming you're cooperating with your teammates, you need at least one person to stay and defend the cake while purchasing upgrades, while the other people rush beacons and other teams' cakes. It could be a challenge to do all this by yourself in Solo mode, but I'm really interested to see how it would turn out.

I'm overall pretty mixed, but I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a Solo mode.

Posted Jun 24, 2020
  12. Hey! To be honest, I don't think it would work at all. Cake wars is a team based game and it's just weird to make it solo based. There are many roles that can be played in cake wars, such as cake defender, cake eater, point captor, etc. I think in a solo game mode it would be very hard to fulfill all these roles by yourself and you would just end up not knowing what to do or feeling like you're not getting anywhere. The game will end quickly and cakes will be eaten fast since only one person will be there and most of the time they'll be trying to capture points or get the loot islands that spawn. I'm not completely against it, I just don't see it becoming a reality, duos and standard are good as they are in my opinion.

Posted Jun 24, 2020
  13. Hey guys, I wanna say that I love reading all of your responses and I just want to say a few things. To those that believe that it will be replacing duos, cakewars is the most popular game on the server with a lot of people, and I don't really see solo cw replacing duos. Another thing is that Zayta said that it would be challenging to fulfill all of the roles, and that's what I feel, makes it a bit more fun! Again, I love reading all of your responses and hope to read more. Thanks!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 24, 2020
  14. may I introduce you fine gamers to skywars

Posted Jun 24, 2020
    SpyNinja__ and asfhjjsnx782$e like this.
  15. Hey dude.
    I totally see where you're coming from, but I just don't see this happening. I personally spend a lot of time playing Duos with my friends because I only have like one on at the time, and I doubt people who were playing Duos would go to Standard. This would be nice if you don't have friends online, plus it would add a nice extra competitive touch to Cake Wars. However, I don't think there are enough Cake Wars players to have three gamemodes going.
    Overall, because of the reasons above, I'm going to have to give this a -1.

Posted Jun 26, 2020
  16. I've expressed my want for this for a while now. I recognize some of the concerns that people have, but as a new part of the current most popular gamemode on the server, I don't think attracting players would be too much of an issue. People would definitely at the least be curious to give it a shot, and it could definitely become more liked by some people who like the game but don't always like to form parties every time they want to play. I still think there would be plenty of players to go around for all 3 game modes as the new solo one would attract a good deal of new players. It would make the game much more accessible in my opinion, and add a whole new element to it that could make it even more interesting. +1

Posted Jun 26, 2020
  17. One possible work-around could be that once a player takes a certain amount of bites out of a cake they get teleported back to their island, or maybe even a cooldown could work where you can only take one bit every like 20 - 30 seconds.

Posted Jun 26, 2020
  18. I'm happy to let you know that Cakewars Solo on Java was officially released with this update. If you have any comments, feel free to leave them on that thread. If you have more suggestions, you can suggest them in one of the idea forums.

As Cakewars Solo has been implemented on Java, I will be locking this thread and marking it implemented. If you have any questions, please feel free to private message me.

~Thread Locked, Implemented

Posted Mar 29, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.