• 1206 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9644 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Solo Cakewars

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by RedditCredit, Nov 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is a follow up thread to the previous Solo Cakewars idea. I don’t know if this is punishable on the forums, but since I’m bringing something new to the table, I think it’s fine. The main issue people have with Solo Cakewars is that we would have three different game modes for the game. What we could do, however, is remove Duos entirely. I think Cakewars Solo would be way more popular than Duos, since I would imagine around 50% of current Cakewars players play exclusively with friends. Solo mode would remove players’ apprehension about random queuing, and as someone who’s Cakewars teammates are rarely on when I am, I can say that solo mode would be a great way to grind levels, kills, and cake bites. So there’s my case for Solo Cakewars.

Posted Nov 24, 2018
  2. Cool idea.
    +1

Posted Nov 24, 2018
  3. I could see this being a thing I suppose, considering most team game modes have a solo game mode. Such as skywars they have duos and solos, I suppose they could remove duos since there is already a team mode in cakewars alone. However, I think they would need to make a lot of changes. In my opinion, people would lose really easily due to the fact cakewars depends mostly on the re-spawn mechanism. Now, without multiple people to defend the cake it would just get eaten rather quickly and would look a lot like skywars. What I'm basically saying is you need at least another person on your team or the game would be way to easily won. People's cake would be unprotected while they're capping beacons or going for someone else's cake. It would just be a cycle of people losing they're cakes quickly then its skywars. That's all for my opinion. thanks :)

Posted Nov 24, 2018
  4. Not true Peyton. I mean if you look at bedwars on that one big network the solo mode is one of the most popular.

Posted Nov 24, 2018
  5. Which result in the games going fairly quick, Cakewars on mineplex is meant to be unique it's meant to stand out from other game modes in my opinion hence why it's in front of all the other games in the lobbies. Changing the duos into solo would make it to much like other game modes.

Posted Nov 24, 2018
  6. Fast gamemodes are more fun to me and a lot of people. I'm sure a lot more people disagree with you then agree considering the player counts on solo bedwars.

Posted Nov 24, 2018
  7. hey! i really like the idea of solo cakewars, and I think it would be really popular if implemented. However, a lot of big servers such as -snip- have solo modes in their versions of CakeWars (aka BedWars) and implementing this in Mineplex would be copying in a way? Just a thought.

sincerely,
    SaucyStyle

Posted Nov 24, 2018
  8. Well my opinion on servers "copying" each other has changed over the years. If you look at history you would see that when Mineplex was the biggest server people always said HY copied off of Mineplex. Now that HY is the biggest everyone says Mineplex copys off them. From what I'm aware the ownership of both servers are friends so I don't think it would be an issue. People take things way out of proportion.
    --- Post updated ---
    I mean if you really look at it Eggwars was the first gamemode like this and it was created by -snip-. I feel like they have the most reason to be mad.

Posted Nov 24, 2018
  9. Hello! Thanks for making a new idea for Cake Wars but unfortunately but I'm going to have to deny this thread for the following reason. This idea has been suggested many times but creating another separate game mode for Cake Wars would most likely divide the community and split the playerbase in the Cake Wars. If the player count increased, than this idea could have potential in the future, but not at this time. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me and keep creating ideas! Have a good day/night.

Idea Denied - Thread Locked

Posted Nov 24, 2018
    PeytonSam likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.