• 784 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8056 Players Online
  • 7272 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Solo cakewars should be added.

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Cloudz, Jun 10, 2021.

?

Should solo cake wars be added?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I feel like people who just want to see how good they are hate when they have to play with a teammate who just ruins everything so I think solo cakewars would be a great idea.

Posted Jun 10, 2021
    QuikMiner and Kakkuh like this.
  2. I know this gamemode was temporarily introduced in Bedrock and was received very well, so even though I personally do not play bedrock as much, I think it would be a pretty cool addition and would definitely make the cw playerbase happy. It seems like an interesting challenge to the original gamemode, and lets you really see how good you are. Hope they consider adding it in permanently, thanks for suggesting!

Posted Jun 10, 2021
  3. Personally I would love to be able to play solo cake wars. If you're playing by yourself in standard or duos cake wars you have a higher chance of needing to dodge a lobby or needing to rely on your teammate through poor communication which is not ideal compared to other teams who might have more advanced forms of communication. Solo cake wars would also bring a new interesting gamemode experience to Mineplex which, as S1KH mentioned, was briefly introduced on bedrock. I'm excited to see what feedback you get from this thread.

Posted Jun 10, 2021
    ʲᵃᵐᵉˢ likes this.
  4. the problem i see with cake wars solos is that every cake wars players are basically friends and teaming will be a thing, not only that, now youre diversing the gamemode into 3 sections, and it usually has a max of 200 players playing it during peak time so it might get hype at first but i feel like it would kill the overall mode in terms of players diversity. if solos were to be added, then duos would likely have to be removed, oh and also the cheaters... they love solos.

Posted Jun 10, 2021
  5. Mods have said no because they dont want things to get too competitive last i checked, so nope this wont happen, even if the community wants it.

Posted Jun 10, 2021
  6. I dont want it im bad enough at cakw0ewars when I have teammates, this would be so freaking frustrating

Posted Jun 10, 2021
  7. Hello!

Sadly CakeWars Solo on Bedrock has been denied many times. We did have it out during our winter event though and it was a huge hit! I would really love to see it return during an event though! It was super fun.

The reasoning behind cake wars solo not being a full game can be found below

"i cannot give you a full explanation on why we cant just replace nor am i obligated to give you an explanation period, but i respect deans decision in denying it as a full game for the time being. I definitely understand that duos wouldnt be as popular and hypothetically solo could replace duos, but theres still a lot more to the whole situation. as of right now, cw solo as a perm game has been denied, but we can always come back to this discussion at a much later date when the answer may be different." - Maggie

Posted Jun 10, 2021
    StyxKiller03 and QuikMiner like this.
  8. So basicly they dont want to, and gave us an elaborate paragraph about why they are high ups and dont want to so it wont happen. Just flexing their status on us, and not listening to us.

Posted Jun 10, 2021
  9. It's not like that at all. While the numbers were good for the 3 days CWS was out it was popular but that doesn't show the bigger picture for the game if it became perm. How do we know if it was going to stay popular? How do we know if it wouldn't kill the other two options? We don't know. I understand why the LT didn't want it to become a perm gamemode just yet and I think we need to respect the reasoning behind it. CakeWars Solo will be back sometime in the future.

Posted Jun 10, 2021
  10. Hi!
    Just want to leave some personal input here. I played Cakewars Solo a lot during the holidays when the game rotation was going on, I really enjoyed the gameplay and it was a very fun experience. The aspect of being able to rely on only myself during the games was really cool and overall I even liked it a bit more than regular Cakewars. However, I respect their decision on not bringing it back right now as a full time game. I am certainly looking forward to if or when it makes another appearance though!

Posted Jun 10, 2021
  11. I agree with bringing back the game. But like what others said, it was denied as a full game. I hope that they bring it back as an LTM for when the Cake Wars update arrives on Bedrock

Posted Jun 10, 2021
    Riskingg likes this.
  12. I definitely agree, it would be great for this happen in another game rotation!

Posted Jun 10, 2021
    IWantACookiieee likes this.
  13. I just think, whats the harm with adding it? If it gets no players, whatever but when those rare few solo peeps want to play, they can. The game is already coded, just add it.

Posted Jun 10, 2021
    IWantACookiieee likes this.
  14. You have to think about the larger picture. Will games be able to start fast enough? Will it have enough players? Will it kill off Duos/Standards? These are all questions the LT had to ask themself.

Posted Jun 10, 2021
  15. I feel like it would be better if they kept bringing it back temporarily for big holiday type events, to keep it new and dynamic each time.

Posted Jun 11, 2021
    CatFan105 likes this.
  16. Very true, but think about it this way:
    If it kills duos/standard, its because MORE people want to play solo than the other modes, or more people ARE solo and have been playing the others cause they like the game, not the mode.
    Enough players, well if you add it and its not LTM it WILL have enough for the first weeks, but i think you mean long term, in that case It depends on how many solo people have been playing other modes and are going to solo because they ARE solo players. We cant test this untill it is added, and if it fails then we can remove it, nothing will stop us from getting rid of it if there are not enough people playing. Though i do ask: How many people is considered "Enough" To keep the game? Cause on the java server games have 0-30 players most of the time, not counting the popular games and yet those 0 player games are not getting removed there, so why would bedrock be different? If anything we would have more players, as we have 10x player count.

Posted Jun 11, 2021
  17. If this were a thing, it would work but it needs to be at least once a month, for at least a weeks duration. If they are doing less, its pointless and if more, then why not add it as a real game not an LTM.

Posted Jun 11, 2021
  18. I would personally like to see Solo Cake Wars added to Java (as I do not play Bedrock at all) but I think that it would cause an issue or two.
    I think that adding a solo gamemode could make the playerbase of the duos gamemode even lower than it already is, however, this is just a speculation and it is not fair to state it as a fact against this idea.
    Mineplex has always been mostly a mini-game server, with Mineplex Competitive League (a game that was removed years ago) being the most competitive game that the server has had, in my opinion, ever.
    If solo Cake Wars was added, would it work the same way that Cake Wars works right now, or would there be rankings and an ELO leaderboard?
    Also, how many players would be in a single game?
    Would it be a game of 16 players with 16 different teams and islands?
    Please provide some additional information about this idea in order for me to understand better the way that it would work.

Posted Jun 11, 2021
  19. Should be added to both
    We should try it, and if this happens we can just remove it.
    It would be 8 players, 8 teams like duos but one person teams. Other than the fact its SOLO, its the other modes.

Posted Jun 11, 2021
    MarkTheNub. likes this.
  20. Posted Jun 11, 2021
    GuardianInASuit and 20LeeBrian1 like this.