• 307 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6909 Players Online
  • 6602 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Solo Cake Wars - A suggestion

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Wafflefox, Jun 10, 2020.

1. I think it'd be a good idea if there was a solo version of Cake Wars.

I really like the gamemode (and many others)- but sometimes i'm not too fond of working with a teammate.

Posted Jun 10, 2020
  2. how many threads suggesting cake wars solo do we need

Posted Jun 10, 2020
    NetheriteMiner likes this.
  3. ..If there's actually alot of postings on that, then they have to add that, right..?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 10, 2020
  4. I say +1 it for the time being

However, the staff team can monitor the progress of solo cake wars and put it up for beta to see how the cake wars community find it and so they can give feedback on it on weather it should or should not be added in.

The maps for duos can be used for solos in my personal opinion

Posted Jun 10, 2020
    Wafflefox likes this.
  5. Sounds like a great idea!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 10, 2020
  6. That's cool and all but I'm not sure if there's actually enough players rn to have 3 different cake wars modes.

Posted Jun 10, 2020
  7. This has been brought up a plethora of times, and I definitely agree that they should replace Duos with Solo. Duos is definitely not as popular as Standard, and there's a ton of people that have requested Solo. Having all 3 modes would only split the playerbase, so I think that replacing Duos with Solo would be the best course of action (if Solo is added).

The only problem I see with Solo is that Cake Wars is designed to be a team game. You have one person protect the cake/buy team upgrades while the other person/people go and capture beacons. I'm not sure how Solo would work, but that's really the only issue I see.

Posted Jun 10, 2020
    Dudeguy and ripnick :) like this.
  8. Hey!

Recently, I've been seeing this idea quite frequently, and I must say, this would definitely be a great addition to Mineplex. For any players who may not have someone to play with, or someone who loves to play solo, adding solo Cake Wars would definitely bring lots of new players to Cake Wars, as well as the server! In addition, duo and classic Cake Wars do extremely well, and I wouldn't expect anything less from solos. Currently, Cake Wars averages more players than any other game on Mineplex. With that being said, this number would increase significantly with solos, which would also result in a huge increase in Mineplex' total player count. Overall, I definitely feel like this would be a great addition to Mineplex, as it would benefit both the community and Mineplex' player count.

Posted Jun 10, 2020
    Dudeguy and InfiniteLag like this.
  9. Hey!
    I would love this game mode to be implemented and I have seen a lot of threads on this idea that I will be linking below:
    Thread 1
    Thread 2
    Thread 3
    Thread 4
    (There may be more threads on this topic, I listed one's that I thought had a good variety of comments/opinons)
    I would suggest looking over them if you wanna see other player's opinon's about this game mode(: These threads have also been "In Discussion" for quite some time now. I do believe this idea will be getting implemented in the near future just because of the amount of threads on this game mode (I do not know this as a fact, just my opinon).

However, here is 2 of my responses to the previous threads on this idea:

"I have personally seen this idea come up multiple times and so far I'm loving the idea! However, with this idea there was a lot of talk of removing duos and substituting it with solos which I am against because I'm a huge duos player over standard. I would much rather this be implemented as another game option, so then there would be 3 versions of Cake Wars. In order for this to be implemented though, there will defiantly have to be new maps like how standard and duos maps are different. I have personally played solo Cake Wars in MPS servers with my friends on the standard maps and it's too unfair. And as I mentioned before, of having 3 versions instead of 2, it could create a queue issue. I would defiantly love to see this but again, it would be a very complicated process with a lot of time and thought."

"As a huge cake wars player and fan, I defiantly would love to see this idea implemented! I really would rather do a 1v1v1v1 because I am always getting teamed up on which isn’t fair. However, there is a lot of things to think about with this idea. Many things in the actual game would have to change. There are many small issues about this idea as mentioned above but it’s not impossible at all. I also think that if this were to be implemented, they would take away duos where as I would hope they added it not removed another form. Personally, I play duos a lot more than standard and if this were the case, I would suggest just leaving it as is."

+1 idea

Posted Jun 10, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 10, 2020
  10. I mean the developers may have only had the idea of it being a team game, but the way the game was made is not that hard to see in solo. If people were to go for others cake,they would be vulnerable, so then if someone were to leave to get a beacon, yes they could have their cake eaten but the guy eating the cake it making himself also vulnerable, and therefore it is a cycle. So you would be able to leave your island and capture your beacons and still be safe due to the other teams being on equal grounds, so i don't see why you would need multiple people to defend the cake. Also I play duos mostly and i win probably the majority of games I am solo and i still do capture mid and other beacons, so if i can play solo with teams against me, everyone solo would definitely be possible to play and win and you are avoiding tryhard teams of 2 or 4, making newcomers and casual players having a better chance of winning. There's my thoughts on duos and why it could work, hope everyone has a great day and stays safe during quarantine.
    Also this is an understatement to the amount of times its been suggested.

Posted Jun 10, 2020
  11. I agree that they should test out solo cake wars as a beta. I don't see any issue with only one person protecting cake/capturing beacons/getting upgrades. If you look at hypixel, their solo bed wars is doing fine and the game mechanics are very similar.

I also don't think that the server has enough players to run 3 different cake wars modes. If we did have all three, I think that standard and solo would already have more players than duos, but the player base would be too spread out and lobbies wouldn't fill.

Posted Jun 10, 2020
  12. yeah there are more than just this. Its a very popular forum topic.

Posted Jun 10, 2020
  13. I'm aware as I mentioned, I just thought it would be nice to post a few that I have seen to allow players to see a lot of different opinons :) There probably are a ton of threads about this topic, I just chose one's I thought had a good amount of comments and a variety of opinons.

Posted Jun 10, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 10, 2020
  14. Solos seriously needs to be added. When I play standard, I get overwhelmed by the parties in the game. I think that they should add solos for people who are alone, or just want to play by themselves. Although duos is fun, it generally only works well in a party of two. If you don’t have a party, then you get AFK teammates, teammates who quit after one death, or even teammates who quit right as the game starts! It is a very rare occasion when you get a teammate who is willing to work cooperatively with you. Due to the lack of people not having large parties in standard and the problems of duos without a party, this should be implemented as a solution for people without parties or for people wanting to play alone.
    +1

Posted Jul 5, 2020
    Su_b and mxry like this.
  15. In the event solos get added, you may want to make it easier for the player as in, lesser beacon capture times, lower netherstar upgrades but also a lower spawn rate of the netherstars. Things like that. And make the cakes take slightly longer to eat because you will be solo and trying to cap beacons, fight off people, and get other cakes, 10 seconds into the game 2 teams are already dead which won't really be fun. Or forget all that and add a mob that lasts for 1 minute to guard the island (Can be killed) but still helps. Kinda like how the traps say TRAP TRIGGERED. The mob can say INTRUDER ALERT (When it detects someone stepping on island) Just a thought of how to make solo cw fun

Posted Jul 26, 2020,
    Last edited Jul 26, 2020
    ilyLegend likes this.
  16. I think that is a good idea but in duos, there are 8 teams because there are 4 teams in regular mode. If Solos are added I think 16 teams is way too much. I think there should be 8 teams in solos as well as in duos.

Posted Jul 26, 2020
  17. Hey, it's an interesting idea but I can't see how practical it is. First, as said above, there's the attention that it will draw away from the other game modes (CW2 can often take a while to queue for already), and the addition of individual CW would would most likely take away attention from CW2 (for which there are already waiting times). Also the concept of the game is very team-based, since you have to capture beacons and then stack up at your generator. Not to mention how at the beginning of the game you need to build endstone around your cake, and capture mid, and capture beacons. Doing this all by yourself would be extremely slow, and you would often find that as soon as you return to your island after capturing a beacon, that beacon might already be in the process of being captured by someone else. These are all issues I've found when playing CW4 solo. Whilst individual CW may sound like a good idea as it takes away the possibility of fighting 1v4, there is the option to leave before the game starts and find a new lobby - which is what most people currently do.

The whole game would have to be reworked to make this possible, and like I said games would probably be extremely long. Many players might find it boring to have to do everything themselves, which could be another factor in reducing the player count. These issues partially exist in CW2, more so than CW4, and I could only see them being worse in individual CW. At least in CW4, one person can sort endstone round the cake, while the rest go mid and then sort side beacons once mid is secure. In an individual gamemode, it would be hard to secure mid for long enough for mid to actually make a difference, or someone might even use your generator while you're doing so. I'm fairly neutral on the idea, it does seem interesting, but I struggle to see how practical the idea of individual CW could be without having to completely rework the game. I wouldn't knock the idea down completely, as it has potential, but imo it's not as easy as just changing the player capacity in the lobby and removing teams.

Posted Jul 26, 2020
  18. I'm going to agree with adding solos, but only if duos is kept. An argument for solos is " what if I don't have a friend to play with?" but another argument could be made " what if me and one friend want to play?" Duos wouldn't be an option anymore. So I think they both should be a choice. The other thing is that cake wars is slower than bed wars. Instead of moving around the map to get resources, you have to capture and sit on the generator slowly. With only one person, it would be pretty easy for someone else to steal beacons.

Posted Jul 26, 2020