• 690 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9949 Players Online
  • 9259 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Sodapop, Soda, or Pop?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AmitG, Dec 1, 2021.

?

Do you call it Soda, Pop, or Sodapop

1. Soda

9 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. Pop

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Sodapop

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Very curious to find out other peoples ways.

Posted Dec 1, 2021
  2. Soda, I can't remember the last time I heard it called anything else.

Posted Dec 1, 2021
  3. Juice.

Posted Dec 1, 2021
  4. Soda is the preferred term in the Northeast, most of Florida, California, and pockets in the Midwest around Milwaukee and St. Louis. Pop is what people say in most of the Midwest and West. And coke, even if it's not Coca-Cola brand, is what people call it in the South, but here in Canada we refer it as “Pop”.

Posted Dec 1, 2021
    DrRentzel likes this.
  5. Soft Drink

Posted Dec 1, 2021
  6. usually pop
    Someone in my class calls it 'soda pop', and whenever he brings it up he is verbally beaten down by everyone else

Posted Dec 1, 2021
  7. I hear soda or pop. I call it soda though. Never heard of sodapop though.

Posted Dec 1, 2021
  8. Soda.

most of the time today i hear people say just "soda". I think the pop thing is outdated

Posted Dec 1, 2021
  9. Ah fair

Posted Dec 1, 2021
  10. Soda, always soda, I've never heard of someone call it pop before where I live. It's just a bit unheard of, though I am aware that others call it pop, and the fact sodapop exists is even cooler. Regardless I wonder what exactly inspired these names, it's just very interesting and intriguing, the fact there are so many names for one category of drink. Now if I lived somewhere which called it pop I wouldn't be bothered switching it up so people understand me though, but it'd, of course, take a while for me to get used to it nevertheless, though that's the same with sodapop.

Posted Dec 1, 2021
  11. Soda or Soft Drink is what I have always called it.

Posted Dec 1, 2021
  12. soda :)

Posted Dec 1, 2021
  13. :)

Posted Dec 2, 2021
    _ItsMusic_ likes this.
  14. i’d say both depending on where i am… for example at a dine in restaurant (more of a formal situation) i’d use the term soft drinks. but if i am in a casual setting i’d just say soda :)

Posted Dec 2, 2021
  15. Fair point

Posted Dec 2, 2021
    Redheadedgirl02 likes this.
  16. I usually call them by their name, but if I were ever speaking generally or asking if they had any, I call them fizzy drinks. Nothing else. Never once said any of the three in the survey unironically, only ever to try mimic accents (unfortunately I think @aahad has heard one).

I'm not American, it isn't really normal to hear anyone say any of these, and if they do, it's because they watched too much American TV shows growing up and they usually stop because people will comment on it a lot.

Posted Dec 2, 2021
    maevestarbaby likes this.