• 600 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3179 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion so Instant Hider

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Chqpstick, Nov 21, 2019.

1. When the BH update come out 2 months ago, the thing is I kinda dislike how Instant Hider had gotten more OP than Shocking Hider

The main reason why I dislike the update is because the Smoke Bombs in BH are a bit unfair, as in like a bit too long, they will blind for about 7 seconds and also give slowness. My recommendation to maybe get rid of the slowness, or at least make them blind for about 3 seconds and not 7 (which it is 7 currently) because they will easily escape and even if the Smoke Bomb can blind multiple Hunters, I just don't see the need for it to be 7 seconds in my opinion.

Also the fact is when you/they kill a Hunter, you/they will get another smoke bomb, and I don't this that is necessary at all to get more smoke bombs after kills.

I had a game or 2 where Instant Hiders were Smoke Bombing me in Hunter Spawn re-killing me (this was after my first death) and I was getting blinded throughout the game, I found that really unfair because I was actually the only hunter in them games.

Posted Nov 21, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 26, 2019
  2. I think this could be helpful for hunters but I never really thought smoke bombs were OP, I just think they need a longer cool-down. In fact I honestly think shocking hider is a bit OP, because combined with a small hit box (chickens and flower pots) it's nearly impossible to get accurate hits while you're having a literal seizure in game. However I still agree with this idea.

Posted Nov 21, 2019
  3. I have the most expensive kits for hide and seek i.e. radar and shocking hider and I must say that they aren't strong enough, I mean once I had a match were I ran around entire map and my radar didn't detect any hiders.
    Shocking hiders are also not strong enough and are easy to kill

Posted Nov 21, 2019
  4. Agreed 100%. Hiders have been figuring out how OP this actually is since the update came out

Posted Nov 21, 2019
  5. Since hiding isn’t possible most of the games because of the radar kit and hunters getting better (and also espers) the hiders moved to eather fighting strategies or running away. Even though smoke bomb gives the hunter 7 seconds of blindness you’re found and have to run away, risking to bump into another hunter. Fighting strategies also break down once you’re against multiple hunters alone or the hunters just use their bow.

Posted Nov 21, 2019
  6. Also, when you disagreed with getting a smoke bomb for every kill, there is a reason. It allows to it to act kind of like shocker in the way that it helps you fight.

Posted Nov 21, 2019
  7. Though however a pot has a block hit box of 1x1x1 , a chicken has a hit box of 0.5x0.5x1

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 21, 2019
  8. There’s no slowness, you just can’t sprint while blind

Posted Nov 21, 2019
  9. True, I will always think that both Radar Hunter and Shocking Hider should be removed. That's cause with Radar you're just wondering around with a device not bothering to hunt, whilst with Shocking you can literally hunt the Hunters and avoiding hiding altogether

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 21, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 26, 2019
    mab8400 likes this.
  10. Could not have said it better myself

Posted Nov 21, 2019
  11. Can you? Cause I'm not able to sprint when I'm blind, especially when I'm trying to sprint .-.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 21, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  12. Not being able to sprint while blind is a feature of Minecraft
    --- Post updated ---
    Bows definitely need to be debuffed cuz there are these hunters who 1. Can’t fight 2. Can’t left click 3. Lazy to actually earn a kill
    I think the bow should be weakened when you get close to a hider. There would be no indication that this has happened but it will deal like 2 hearts of damage or something when you’re near a hider

Posted Dec 5, 2019
  13. I completely agree. Losing almost half your health from a not fully pulled back bow, whilst the Hunter is on top of you is ridiculous. It should matter how far back you pull your bow, and it should also matter how close you are, because I've seen some hunters do better with the bow at close range than the axes / swords.

Posted Dec 6, 2019
  14. Hey there!

First off, I would just like to clarify that I am neutral on this idea, I am just stating some points.
    Some kits may have some perks that you don't find necessary/too overpowered, but you have to think about it from a strategic stand-point. In Block Hunt, the hunters have means of finding hiders in a generally fast manner, if they are smart enough about it. This is by using the kits like the TNT Hunter and Radar Hunter to quickly clear different areas of the map. As a hider, unless you have a very overpowered spot that no one knows about, there's a high chance that you will be spotted by a hunter. The smoke bomb is something that the Instant Hider is given in order to try and make their escape in order to potentially find a new spot to hide in, until they are found again and the process repeats itself. Them using the smoke bomb and trying to run also puts them at the risk of being found by other hunters while they are running. As far as gaining a smoke bomb when you get a kill as an Instant Hider, that perk gives hiders more of an incentive to go out and attack the hunters, in order to get another smoke bomb. By doing this they are putting themselves at risk (by fighting the hunters) so it's a high risk-high reward situation. As I said before, I'm a neutral on this topic because I don't feel too strongly about either side so it's a +0 from me. Have a good day!

Posted Dec 6, 2019
  15. this is for java, not bedrock

Posted Dec 26, 2019
  16. I thought Shocking Hider is most OP?

Posted Dec 26, 2019
  17. Well, they must be the hardest to kill, but they are actually weak. That is why I stopped playing hide and seek. In fact, Mineplex has many kits that are broken. Necromancer is an excexcellent example, my skeletons like my flesh more than the flesh of my enemies.

Posted Dec 26, 2019
    mab8400 likes this.
  18. Well that must be annoying on your behalf

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 26, 2019
  19. java
    this is for java
    this is for java
    --- Post updated ---
    most shocking hiders on bedrock have no pvp skill as it is because they get used to not playing against pc users. but if you come across a skilled shocker, they’re definitely harder to kill (sorry for bedrock related comment)
    --- Post updated ---
    to give a java related comment, I think smoke bombs should work something like 1 hit gives 0.2 seconds more of blindness (and maybe making the start blindness time 4-5 seconds). also being able to sprint while blind would be preferable (this is a Minecraft feature; not being able to sprint while blind). so maybe give like speed 1?

Posted Dec 26, 2019
    tamman2005 likes this.
  20. Oh okay

Posted Dec 26, 2019