• 1578 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3662 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

So, I’m gonna make a make a map!

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by OrangeGamer18, Oct 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. im going to make a map for mineplex, but first, i need to know something. I’ve already checked the guidelines, so please don’t spam the chat saying “You need to read the map guidelines”. I don’t know where I make the map. Just a normal vanilla world on java, or can I make it on bedrock? Where do I post the map? I need these questions answered before I start.

Im also taking map suggestions, so what would you like to see on mineplex next?

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  2. Hiya

I would assume anywhere, where you can get your hands on the world folder. Understand, they do not accept schematics. That could be a server you created, that could be in singe player, and you can even build it on other servers and ask for the world folder. You can showcase your build on the forums as well as post it at https://www.mineplex.com/mapsubmissions/.. However, if you're asking in terms of where to upload your world folder MediaFire would be a good source.

- Lucky

Posted Oct 14, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 14, 2019
  3. thanks

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 14, 2019
  4. I PMd a Build Lead about this not long ago because I was thinking about making a map myself, and they told me that I would have to create the map in single player and upload the world file. If you want to make a map with friends, then you can do that on a server, but I'm not entirely sure how you upload a map made on a multiplayer server, you'd have to ask a member of the build team on that one.

I wish you luck on your map, it's always nice to see people trying to help out!

Posted Oct 14, 2019
  5. Posted Oct 14, 2019
  6. How do I download the world file?

Posted Oct 23, 2019
  7. You can install the Mod World edit or if you are running a server you can download the plugin version of World Edit. Hope this helped! If you need any more help then feel free to PM me!

Posted Oct 23, 2019
    flowering29 likes this.
  8. Hi! So your question has been pretty sufficiently answered above already.

It’s best to make your map on java so that after the world is done you can head over to the .minecraft folder and zip the folder for your world and send it off. You must submit it in here https://www.mineplex.com/mapsubmissions/

Since you’ve read the guidelines there’s no need do reinforce that so I’ll go ahead and lock this thread because it has been sufficiently answered multiple times. Feel free to message me via PM’s if you have any other questions or concerns!

Posted Oct 23, 2019
    flowering29 and Jocoe like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.