• 3492 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11930 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

So how's your summer? (...Or winter?)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dinnersaur_, Jul 16, 2019.

1. I know summer is far from over, but I just wanted to see what everyone has done so far.

I've done a few things, but the main thing is go on a family trip.

I recently got back from a vacation with family. We went to the northeastern coast of the US for 11 days. it was a roadtrip, so we went to more than 1 place during the trip, the first being Rhode Island. We stayed in a small town for a couple days and we even went to the beach on one of them! Being a lifelong resident of Kentucky, a landlocked state, it was my first time at the ocean! The other day we were there, we went to a lighthouse and did some other things. Next up was Salem and Boston, Massachusetts. In Salem, we went to an old house and then we learned about the Salem witch trials. In Boston, we went on a boat that took us out to see whales in the ocean! It was super cool because I never saw whales up close before. Other things we did in Boston was go to an aquarium and go on tours around town, which had a lot of revolutionary war and colonial American stuff. It was awesome! Then the last part of the trip was going to Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, which is a civil war battlefield and the turning point of the war. It had a lot of cool history there too!

I just got back from my long trip today, and even though I had a lot of fun while I was gone, I'm happy to be home!

So what did you do so far during the summer?

Posted Jul 16, 2019
    CIumsy likes this.
  2. I got a kitten, that's about it :)

Posted Jul 17, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ likes this.
  3. This summer I am trying not to reveal much about my life including this summer.

Posted Jul 17, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ likes this.
  4. Hey there,

My summer I've only got one plan, Mineplex;
    I've got nothing else to do for the entire majority of the summer break and dedicating my time to mineplex is the best way to give back the community I grew up with. It might sound a bit lame but it's what I'm planning on doing with my summer.

Kind regards
    - Sakeusi

Posted Jul 17, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ likes this.
  5. That sounds like such a fun trip! I find it super cool that you visited southern Rhode Island and Boston/Salem; I'm actually from Massachusetts and Rhode Island, so there's a large chance that you passed by where I live on your way to Boston. The beaches in Rhode Island are beautiful, so it's awesome that you were able to check one out. If you ever come back to the east coast, I would recommend checking out Cape Cod since that's a really nice area too. I don't go to Boston very often, but I've personally enjoyed the few times that I've gone there.

I'd say that the highlight of my summer so far is that I went to the Dominican Republic directly after finishing school up, and that was an awesome time! Besides that, one of my best friends who I hadn't seen since January came home for two weeks (much longer than we were expecting her to be home for) and I spent a lot of time with her and other friends. The rest of my summer has been laid back and casual; I've mainly been hanging out with friends and working. I'm trying to plan out a trip to New Hampshire and possibly another to New Jersey with them before the summer ends, but I'm not sure if those will certainly go through. Either way, I'm still very happy with what I've done so far this summer!

Posted Jul 17, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ likes this.
  6. Just about to break up for the summer term and I'm really looking forward to it, I don't have much planned apart from going up to Spain and Scotland for a little while to visit family but other than that it's just going to be a quiet few weeks.

Posted Jul 17, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ likes this.
  7. Hey!

Thank you for asking! My summer is going great! For the most part, I have gotten much more time to play on Mineplex, while also spending more time with friends and family. After finishing my first year of high school, it is very relaxing to not have to worry about when my next essay is due or “due dates” in general. Furthermore, I have also been able to catch up on my sleep! As of right now, I am currently away on vacation without my computer and won’t be back on July 23rd as well. Besides that, the month of August for me is quite empty as I have nothing planned as of now. That being said, I’m just going to take it easy for a bit, and make sure to finish my summer homework as well! :)

Posted Jul 17, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ likes this.
  8. hiiiiiiiii,

honestly i’m not sure what i should make of this summer because there’s good things and bad. i actually flew to michigan last month for camp and i’m currently here again for the second time this summer for national tryouts. it’s definitely been a blast so far and i’ve met so many cool people. even though i haven’t went on an actual vacation with my family, i consider these trips “vacation” even if i end up having a sore body during camp/tryouts because they’re fun regardless of what i’m doing there.

sadly, i do have to get surgery this summer next week so that means i won’t be able to get out of the hospital till mid october due to rehab ):

dw, its not as bad as it sounds since i can easily bring my laptop to play Mineplex. honestly the worst part is the three months time that are literally wasted being stuck at the hospital and going back to junior year of high school two months late with 4 AP classes. It’s a nightmare, but not the worst nightmare at least.

besides that, i’m really lucky to be able to travel places to play sports and continue to do what i’m passionate about.

~nouqt//ailin

Posted Jul 17, 2019
    Dinnersaur_ likes this.