• 1825 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1825 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Snowman Kit Rework and Tactical Nuke Wither Skeleton

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by IEATYOU, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Snowman
    Ice Spikes:
    Since iron golem has fissure, I think snow golem should have a similar ability, but a bit different. Ice Spikes both inflicts damage and freezes players. The damage should be less than fissure (whatever that is) for balancing. Ice spikes can also be used in any direction, and can be used while the user is not touching ground.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Better Ice Path:
    Works similar to firefly, but instead, user drops sword in order to activate ability and is propelled in whatever direction they are looking, leaving a trail of ice. The user can hold sneak, allowing the ice path to grow in the direction they face without moving themselves. This should last longer than firefly, but user can still take damage and if they take any knockback, the ability disables and must wait a cooldown to use again. Ice blocks last as long as the current kit.
    [​IMG]

Winter Storm (Smash Ability):
    User gains full iron armor, and does increased damage and has decreased duration on all abilities. Arctic Aura has an increased radius and does not shrink. Blizzard summons much more snow balls than before. Ice spikes are larger, have an increased range, and when pointed at a player at any distance, summons a giant ice spike trapping the player and dealing damage.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wither Skeleton
    A small change to wither skull where the user can still guide the skull like how it is currently, but once they release holding block, the skull will then follow a direct path from its current position to the block the user last looked at once they released holding block. If the user wasn't looking at a block, then the wither skull follows the direction of where the player was looking. As usual, the player can still manipulate the wither skull after releasing block by holding it again. This allows wither players to more effectively use multiple wither skulls.

All these ideas sound pretty op and probably wont get into the game (plus the fact that THEY NEVER UPDATE THE GAME!), but it was fun making them up uwu

Posted Oct 10, 2020
  2. Cool ideas I really like the snowman one, if these suggestions were refined a bit to work out balancing and stuff I think that it would be a nice upgrade to the snowman kit

Posted Oct 20, 2020
    IEATYOU likes this.
  3. hmm I'd rather get rid of the passive for snowman and replace it with a new ability as the aura can cause lag pretty easily. The fissure idea is interesting although I would probably like something a bit more original as it's already done similar with the golem kit. Maybe it can be ice shards (similar to champions) that the kit can use?

Regardless, I think we both agree that snow golem needs a rework so let's hope that happens soon!

Posted Oct 20, 2020,
    Last edited Oct 20, 2020
    IEATYOU likes this.
  4. Honestly, it's great to see suggestions on how to change Snowman. I used to play SSM a lot, and it got to a point where I only played Snowman because I found it to be one of the most fun kits. Even when I play now I usually go back to it. Everything you suggested seems really cool even though I'm not sure how it all would work from a balance standpoint. The main thing I agree with is the fact that the Smash ability could use a change. It doesn't quite fit the same feel that the rest of the Smash abilities have. The bottom line is I really hope we see the kit get a rework at some point. Hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later!

Posted Oct 31, 2020
  5. Hey, I really like to see these suggestions! I believe SSM needs an update, and I think that the snowman desperately needs one. The kit is so outdated, it has hardly changed at all since it's release. It does not have any reliable damage dealing abilities, and relies heavily on only melee attacking you while you are in it's aura. Kits such as creeper, can totally take advantage of you and you can set off their lightning shield proc without dealing any damage to them at all while they can send you halfway across the map dealing damage without moving a finger with this passive proc. Your fissure idea, but with less damage an being able to be used while in the air is definitely very original and cool. I would love to see this implemented into the game!

-n2l

Posted Nov 11, 2020